[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Single Mode Flashlights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1497310554146.jpg (9KB, 327x327px) Image search: [Google]
1497310554146.jpg
9KB, 327x327px
Are there any good SINGLE MODE 1000+ lumen EDC lights for around $60? I don't want to have to scroll through a bunch of settings to get high mode, or accidently set it to low.
>>
Closets I can think right now is the
ProTac HL-X but it's $80. It has different modes, you'd set it to single-mode and then leave it.
Another is the FourSevens QS2L-X at $75 which has features out the ass but you can set the back button to be single-mode max only.

That high lumen is usually reserved for enthusiast flashlights with a million modes. I don't know any off hand that are both single mode and that high aside from expensive Surfires. It'll prob run 2x CR123A since you typically need 6V to get that bright. Check Streamlight's flashlights though, they're like budget Surefire and have some close to what you're looking for

If you wanna be a flashlight autist you could get a assemble a P60 format flashlight. Btw don't trust any cheap chinese lumen count, they're lying by at least double their actual brightness.
>>
>>34244323
wait I redact my P60 format comment. I forgot the EDC part, P60 are too big for EDC in my opinion, just ain't comfy
>>
>>34244602
>1000 lumens isnt brighy enough in a light polluted city
You have never worked outside at night. Anything LESS than 1000 sucks, but you can still get a good range out of it. But 1000? I could light up my construction site from one end to the other (almost 100yds long) with my 1000/800/450 lumens flashlight.
>>
>>34244602
>Why in the hell do you want a 1000 lumen light?

I love when people don't understand light levels and think 1000 lumens is some magical blinding beam. Your average car headlight runs between 1200-1500 lumens, and you need two of them to drive safely at night. 1000 lumens is only a little brighter than a standard 60w light bulb. If you don't need a decent flashlight that's fine, but don't try to tell the rest of us that no one does.
>>
>>34245066
>I love when people don't understand light levels and think 1000 lumens is some magical blinding beam.

It's even funnier when people scream that you'll blind yourself if you pass some arbitrary number of lumens. Just retards that regurgitate the same bullshit over and over without actually ever trying anything out.
>>
File: IMG_4861.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4861.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34244097
Any smaller form factor light (pocket carry) can not sustain 1000ish+ lm for more than 5-10 minutes with out getting too hot and having to step down.

You don't want your light to just shut off on you, you want it to step down. That and battery life, makes a small form factor light locked at 1000 stupid.

Most "tactical" lights however can be set up or to come straight on in its highest mode with one botton press. So having to switch modes in a tight situation is not an issue.

Look at Fenix, Nitcore, Thrunite, plight, etc... they all make lights in that budget.

My personal edc light is a zebra Light Sc62w, it's about as small as can be and still take a 18650 and put out 1000... but most of the time I only am using 9-50 lummens.

If it's really important, you could get a larger belt carry light. My Nitecore Tm26 can sustain 2,000Lm for a ling duration and put out 4,000 in bursts.
>>
>>34245066
Way longer run time > DUDE MUH LUMES
>>
>>34245066
If the stated flashlight is for EDC then 1000 lumens with only one setting is too much. The majority of the lighting I do with my edc light is trying to find something I dropped on the ground or poking around in a dimly lit room. Yeah 1000 lumens is way better for inna woods but in a woods does not equal EDC. 1000 lumens is too much for most daily tasks
>>
>>34244097

Anything over 200 or maye 250 lumens is highly dangerous to human sight and needs to be regulated. I'm not even talking about gun control-level stuff, these are flashlights that anyone can get their hands on. Scary.

Unless you're a cop, I can't imagine why you'd need to walk around with an extreme high-power flashlight. Is it some kind of light fetish?
>>
File: IMG_20170613_131600.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170613_131600.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34244097
It's a stun gun and a flashlight
>>
How do you EDC people function in life? Let's say, THEORETICALLY, you were to go on a date.

Are you really going to show up with a flashlight, CCW, backup CCW in an ankle rig, trauma kit ankle rig, tactical knife, neck knife, multi-tool, emergency whistle, emergency signalling mirror, walkie-talkie, note pad, tactical pen, tactical mini-pry bar, tactical scarf, tourniquet, etc? Good luck on having any functional social life.

I've learned to become free of the memes and it's liberating
>>
>>34245479
My wife likes my pen light so much I had to buy her one for christmas. That list is excessive though, for me it's just a pistol, pen light, basic pocket knife, and I do have one of those baby pry bars on my keychain. It's also a bottle opener and I've used it a lot for that.
>>
>>34245066
>be inna tent
>be night time
>be time to clear the evenings beers from bladder
>turn on 1000 lumen flashlight
>blind for next 10 minutes
>>
>>34245479
>g26 in front pocket
>folder in other front pocket
>wallet in ass pocket
>phone in other ass pocket
>photon microlight on keychain in same pocket as knife

defense with back up option, light, ID and comms all covered.

I guess you just like being raped in the butt
>>
>>34245479
>not having a tactical rubber
>not having a tactical back up rubber

get real sheeple
>>
File: IMG_4927.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4927.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34245267
Yeah and if OP is really set on a tactical light, lunmens aren't everything, intensity is almost more important.

My ZebraLight SC62w and EagleTac G25c2 are both around 1,000 lm, but the EagleTac throws twice as far, it's far more blinding.

OP may consider a 1x18650 with a large reflector, they are not that great for pocket carry but are not horrible.

I personally like to stick with 18650 over AA. My Zebraligh is not much bigger than most AA lights, and the 1000lm burst comes in handy for seeing to a tree line, or when backing trucks in, or docking boats at night. (Particular examples I know)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.