[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Define the various manufacturers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: pwxh173w2w9q.jpg (928KB, 1920x794px) Image search: [Google]
pwxh173w2w9q.jpg
928KB, 1920x794px
Alright /k/, every manufacturer makes nearly every firearm configuration (striker/hammer pistols polymyer/metal ect... along with ARs and other non proprietary guns).

>Pick a few particular guns or particular styles that each company should be known for.
Doing one someone else has done is ok. Remember not to get focused on only consumer available weapons (FN's m249/m240 for example are great designs but not considered cabelas available weapons).
>>
File: dreamdoubles_beretta_F.jpg (67KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
dreamdoubles_beretta_F.jpg
67KB, 600x400px
I'll start

Beretta
>luxury shotguns for waterfowl hunting
>92 series

In my opinion Beretta is known for making pretty guns, on old designs. They only just recently made a striker pistol and its pretty unremarkable. Even their popular polymer pistol before that was a classic S/DA hammer fired. They don't even make ARs because they arn't non proprietary non pretty guns.
>>
File: heckler-and-koch.jpg (40KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
heckler-and-koch.jpg
40KB, 800x550px
Heckler & Koch

>mp5
>USP

HK seams to be the go too manufacturer for sub machine guns and high end pistols that would be appropriate for special forces and paramilitary organizations. From what I see they only just recently started getting government contracts for plain service weapons, mostly it seams they contract out production to smaller organizations that need more specialized weapons.
>>
File: fnwin_by_venomemf-d6lha0f.png (1MB, 1186x673px) Image search: [Google]
fnwin_by_venomemf-d6lha0f.png
1MB, 1186x673px
FN Herstal

>FN Scar
>FN 5.7
>makes M16s and machine guns for US military
>Muh FN hammer forged AR barrel

Seams like FN makes great ARs that arn't overpriced. Their pistols are all completely unremarkable, they seam to stick to service rifles and machine guns. Focusing on military sales means you sort of get military grade manufacturing standards on your AR. They've also invented and designed a lot of weapons from the ground up. 5.7, f2000 ect.
>>
>>34244059
What's the deal with movies having vz58s in place of ak47 rifles? I think they're better personally, but in a movie like Lord of War, you'd have expected warehouses full of aks, not vz58s. I'd have to assume Full Metal Jacket was the same thing, the public was meant to think it's an ak47.
I guess they just think the general public is too stupid to tell the difference?
>>
File: ac556.jpg (26KB, 600x198px) Image search: [Google]
ac556.jpg
26KB, 600x198px
>>34244059

Ruger

>mini-14

>mk 1, 2, 3 and now mk 4 pistols

For a company that literally has made everything from a rimfire pistol that has lasted almost 80 years to a more budget minded classic o/u and falling block rifle, they have covered a lot of ground and been able to keep the weapons U.S. made without sacrificing overall quality. They are not the finest weapons of all time, but they offer something for almost any wallet.
>>
Every one of these so far is skimming over some very important stuff.
>>
>>34244410
Can you elaborate anon? Im trying to help get a better grasp of each companies attributes.
>>
>>34244105
>HK seams to be the go too manufacturer for sub machine guns
I suppose so, not that anybody buys SMGs anymore but the MP5 and UMP are both well respected designs.
>From what I see they only just recently started getting government contracts for plain service weapons
Wat. They cut their teeth on service rifles.
>>34244160
>they seam to stick to service rifles and machine guns.
They do a whole slew of shit, from shotguns to civilian BARs to 18mm BB guns
>Focusing on military sales means you sort of get military grade manufacturing standards on your AR.
Milspec is milspec, its not really an indictment of quality either way.

also,
SEEM. Not seam.
>>
File: iu.jpg (212KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
iu.jpg
212KB, 1000x750px
>>34244160
>>
File: SINGER M2.png (3MB, 2560x1248px) Image search: [Google]
SINGER M2.png
3MB, 2560x1248px
SINGER SEWING COMPANY

>M2 crew served 50 cals in times of war
>sewing machines

same gun also made by General electric
>>
Kel-Tec

>Stuff no other company would ever invest in to develop.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.