[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me /k/, how hard is it to get into a PMC without any prior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 20131123_WBP003_0.jpg (74KB, 595x335px) Image search: [Google]
20131123_WBP003_0.jpg
74KB, 595x335px
tell me /k/, how hard is it to get into a PMC without any prior military experience ?
>>
Just lie like the rest of them do.

To be honest, the market is so saturated with ex-mil looking for work in PMCs you'd be unlikely to get in. You might be more switched on than many ex mil but these companies are fairly poorly run and cut costs at every corner. A big cost cut is training, hence why they go for people who already have basic and maybe advanced skillets trained to military standards.

I've got a few mates in a firm in Iraq after they left (Britfag army) and you're not missing much. Also, the money has fallen through the floor after the peaks in 2009 when guys were getting paid £400 a day to man a radio for a PMC.
>>
File: Atlas_troops1.jpg (289KB, 1441x960px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas_troops1.jpg
289KB, 1441x960px
>>34243307
Join atlas and get a free exoskeleton
>>
>>34243307
Hard. Why would a PMC hire you over literally thousands of applicants with military and combat experience? The US and other forces have been at war for literally over a decade. There are dudes applying with 5-10 years of combat experience, and all kinds of high dollar military training. Saying "I'm in shape and motivated!" isn't much competition against a guy with 6 deployments and a Ranger Tab.

The only modern time people without experience were getting hired in decent amounts was at the veeeeerrrrry beginning of the Iraq war, when merely having LEO or some other experience made you stand out.
>>
>>34243368
I speak fluently several languages like arabic, kurdish, assyrian, greek, german, english and spanish couldn't that qualify me ?
>>
>>34243385
You could probably get a contractor analyst job. You may be able to work directly as a DOD civilian. But more than likely inside the US and not the "doorkicker" job most people picture from PMCs.
>>
>>34243385
That's a good start. Get in as a translator and you may be able to work your way into operational operations. Get as much training as you can for basic small arms shit, tactical driving, emt/paramedic certs, etc. Surround yourself with people in the industry and make as many friends as you can. Worse case you'll get to do cool shit with cool dudes in cool places and make some good money.
>>
>>34243406
>>34243417

I don't want a boring desk job as an analyst cuck, I want to be trained as an operator and see some action. I could easily make $300k working as a translator for an Oil firm but I would rather prefer to see some combat action.
>>
>>34243429
Then you're shit out of luck and your languages count for nothing in that area

Another protip: 99.99% of contracting is being a security guard, not a super soldier.
>>
>>34243429
well, it's a catch-22 for you isn't it?

You can't get into a PMC as a doorkicker if you don't tell them you know multiple ME languages all the while you have no combat experience.

But if you do let them know of your multilingual capability, you're too valuable to be put into doorkicker position and you might get hired, but most likely not see any action.
>>
>>34243307
>Guys I want to get picked up for the NFL. I don't have any prior experience playing football. How do I do this?
>>
>>34243429
hey retard, analysts deploy. fairly frequently if you find the right contract. got a clearance? go on clearancejobs.com and just type in deployer. I can tell you right now raytheon is looking for an analyst who wants to deploy and train other operators in the field on equipment and stuff. its not perfect, but its a gateway.
>>
>>34243532
>has no training besides speaking several languages
>'raytheon is hiring analysts to deploy and train other operators'
God what a disaster that would be. A completely green know-it-all being in charge?

OP have you ever done at minimum hard fitness and rifle courses?
>>
>>34243565
dude they teach you everything. you're not going to get a full basic + advanced firearms but they will get you to at least basic defensive firearm / tactical proficiency. When I interviewed one of the first things I ask at the end is what certs / courses am I required to pass, what happens if I dont, and what can be expected from me physically in addition to the technical work.

Its a lot easier to teach guns to a highly technically proficient person with a 4 year degree than teach 4 years of technical work to a gunslinger.
>>
>>34243581
>he thinks the hiring company will spend their time and money training you
:^) anon
>>
>>34243565
>>34243581
double post; and speaking of being green know-it-all in charge, exercise humility except for what your teaching. do your job, and hang around and pick up what you can from them. its not hard to be a sponge.
>>
>>34243581
I would not hire a company to train my soldiers if it is sending me a guy who himself has only taken bare minimum defensive courses.
>>
>>34243588
this is why i dont come here anymore. I am literally detailing my exact process and how i got into the industry, yet nobody can be assed to actually go do a little bit of reseach. im just trying to help and pay it forward like it was when I stumbled into this field of work. im annoyed and assblased, im out.
>>
>>34243595

the company isn't training you, the government is. i don't work for raytheon, but the contracts I did work for, worked directly with the customer we were supporting, and they conducted the courses. training is literally written into the contract proposal in some cases
>>
>>34243599
Phew. I'm just glad I don't have to work with children like this. Throws a fit when people don't play along and refuses to think about anything but the path they want. Truly autistic.

>I want to be military, but not military!
>I know, I'll go ask on fucking 4chan!
>>
>>34243599
holy shit what a baby. good luck.
>>
>4 years ARMA experience with full realism group
>Numerous deployments to Chernarus and Altis
>Qualified DCS Mi-8 and A-10C pilot
tell me /k/, how hard is it to get into a PMC?
>>
>>34243315
>advanced skillets

There's advanced versions of bands? What, are their songs harder to play?
>>
File: businesscard.jpg (131KB, 1735x976px) Image search: [Google]
businesscard.jpg
131KB, 1735x976px
>>34243625
Atlas is waiting for you anon
>>
these threads always get 200+ replies.
>>
>>34243643

no they don't you stupid negro
>>
>>34243429
>I don't want to make $300K a year being a glorified Google translate
Bitch please
>>
>>34243614
>implying you've done anything military except for fap wearing your multicam
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.