[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$100 Hi-Point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: retard gun.png (202KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
retard gun.png
202KB, 380x380px
Alright look fuckers, I know that Hi-Points are absolute garbage, I swear that I know that, but the pinnacle of firearms design known as the Hi-Point 916 is 99.99$ with free shipping and a hilariously retarded little knife.

I have no intention of carrying it, and am at least 50% buying it because its hilarious. All that aside, is this pos so bad that it isn't even decent as a range toy? Also, between it, and a .22LR rough rider, which would be less autistic for home defense? I would like to say the nine, but if its gonna break after one-shot, obviously not the best choice. Any commentary is appreciated, even if its just to call me a retard.
>>
>>34242970
Hi Points actually are pretty fucking reliable, and their customer service is damn good. Downside to all this being that they only accept single stacks and they look like shot but hey for 100 bucks they are not bad at all.
>>
>>34242970
Hi-Points have pros and cons, generally they're better than nothing and seem to mostly run fine if the magazines you got are in spec.

Pros
>effectively unbreakable, they're rated for +P and can handle some pretty asinine abuse without biting it
>shoots pretty straight, if you can get used to it's recoil it can be pretty accurate
>is generally safe and functional
>very generous warranty that will fix or replace anything for free, even if you bought it used or bandsawed it for fun

Cons
>terrible ergos
>terrible trigger
>top heavy
>ugly
>magazines sometimes aren't properly in spec out of the box, either you send it back to Hi-Point for a free replacement, or you can carefully tweak the feed lips with a pair of pliers (seems to work for a lot of people)
>low capacity for weight and size (they do make a 20rd carbine magazine in 9mm now, but it'll look awkward sticking out of your grip).

If you're a poorfag and need "just a gun", they are pretty appealing.
Beats the fuck out of the standard fare "Ring Of Fire" deathtrap in mouse calibers.
They make some carbines too which are actually a little bit nice.
>>
>>34242970
Hi-Points in general are pretty good.

BUT

The 916 is a piece of utter dogshit in almost every aspect of it's existence. You say that you plan on getting at least one shot off and praying, but honestly your chances of getting even one solid shot off are sketchy. The Rough Rider seems like a better option, if for no reason other than that it at least functions decently and looks fairly intimidating. Weighing your options, I'd recommend 2 Rough Riders (one backup because it only holds six rounds and reloads one at a time), a Makarov, or that shitty revolver that some anon dredged out of a creekbed because holy fuck is the 916 worthless.
>>
>>34243108
>but honestly your chances of getting even one solid shot off are sketchy
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: master crafted.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
master crafted.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
they would honestly feel perfect in the hand if the grips weren't so slippery, you can practice your ghetto tier gun smithing on one.

is it true you can "bump fire" hi point pistols by shaking them violently because the slide is barely held in the forward position and its so heavy?
>>
>>34243121
No.
>>
>>34243108

OP here, holy fuck anon, you ass-blasted the 916 onto another plane of existence.

A few other anons seems to think that it isn't that terrible, do you think they're wrong, or could it be that the quality of a Hi-Point varies greatly from person to person due to shit QC or something like that?
>>
>>34243130
My particular pistol stovepiped repeatedly and the slide wouldn't reset to it's original position. Perhaps I got Satan's unlucky bastard child shitstain 916, but from my experiences there were no redeeming features other than the price.
>>
It's OK to unironically like something. No point in trying to justify it, sport.
>>
>>34243193

>asks for weapon related advice on weapon forum
>shitposter decides to be 2cool5me

I guess you just unironically like being a dickhead.
>>
>>34243150
>stovepiped repeatedly
>doesn't even recognize that he's limpwristing

This is the guy that everyone at work knows is gay and is just waiting for him to "come out" already.
>>
I have a "good", Hi-Point to the extent that any of them can be called that.

Runs everything from Tulammo to Hornady with a good degree of reliability. Usually 200-300 rounds between freak malfunctions. Takes both 8 and 10 round magazines no problem. I can hit a chest sized silhouette at 25yd about half the time and nearly 100% at 10yd.

It's ugly. Controls suck. Magazine disconnect is easy to remove and should be done first thing when acquired. I'd like to have a slide release but for $70 as a joke gun to dick about with I love it. I wouldn't feel unarmed having to use it for protection.
>>
>>34243130
The Heritage revolvers are known to break easily. If you need a pistol don't buy two single action cowboy pistols, that's bad. Especially the .22 version for HD, come on man.

The C-9 is a blowback action so the recoil is atypical. The controls and parts are mostly crap plastic and those tend to break frequently. Other than that they are decently reliable but can be pissy with ammo. If it's just a range/house pistol then it's adequate. The cheap ass pistols you absolutely avoid are the Jimenez/Raven/Cobra/Phoenix pocket models. Those are guaranteed to break under fire at some point in their short lives. There was somebody doing a high round experiment with a Denali but he stopped posting after around 250 shots so I'm assuming his fingers are missing now.
>>
>>34245484
You might be able to get a used pump-action hunting shotgun like a Maverick 88 or a Hi-Standard for $100-200. Singles and SxS 12s/20s can be had cheap but ever since H&R discontinued their singles I haven't seen many alternatives other than Rossi.

I just want a nice used sub-$100 H&R 20ga SS to cut into a backpack gun.
>>
>>34245769
http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/topper.asp

The production is Chinese now but they still make them. I don't know what the quality is anymore. I got lucky and found a 1974 20ga model last year for $100. It was sitting in someone's storage collecting spider webs in the stock pad but no rust or barrel wear.
>>
>>34245769
Doesn't New England Arms make a fuckload of single barrel rifles and shotguns?
>>
>>34242970
>between it, and a .22LR rough rider

IMO the cowboy gun will last you longer and is actually more fun to shoot.

I saw a video where the the Hi point broke after the guy threw it at a wooden target then fell to the ground. It is also a pain to take apart.
>>
Op, the only people who dis hi-points are those who've never owned one. YouTube them. They're nigh indestructible. They eat anything. "Ruin" your chamber with 20,000 steel case rounds and replace it for free with worlds best warranty, in anything ever. They're accurate. 8 round standard mag is enough to stop a fight according to stats. $10 10 round mags are cheap and legal almost anywhere.
Buy the hi point, op. Especially at that price. Ergos are totally subjective and only real downside is capacity, which is still "enough". Worst case scenario, use it as a loaner gun and lend it during the habbening
>>
>>34246315
people that think Hi Points are indestructible and eat anything haven't owned one either.
>>
>>34246581
Try harder
>>
File: 1497207373774.png (15KB, 608x456px) Image search: [Google]
1497207373774.png
15KB, 608x456px
>>34242970
>>34242970
>>
>>34246581
I own one and it's definitely not indestructible. Punches above it's price point, sure, but I'd take my CZ75 or Glock 23 over it any day. I've seen one completely eating shit and needing a trip to the factory to get unfucked, from the reviews I've read about 1 in 3 or 4 have some kind of horrible defect that simply can't be diagnosed or ameliorated by the end user. Warranty is great, but using it during some major event is kind of wishful thinking.

Yes I saw the mud test. I don't intend to submerge my guns in mud.

t. Owner of the "good" Hi-Point
>>
>>34243121

that was this piece of shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw
>>
File: 1497253285753.jpg (68KB, 339x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497253285753.jpg
68KB, 339x1024px
>>34248186
boy have I got a deal for you
>>
>>34242970
What is your goal?

If you want to get better at shooting with handguns, stick to one.

If you want a home defense gun, why not save up and put your life in the hands of a much better gun?

I suggest you get a turkshit canik, they function just fine and are cheap as hell at ~300$

Seriously OP, I am a part timer, i know its tough saving money but if you saved just 50 bucks a month, in less than a year you could get a decent gun.

I almost guarantee you'll get bored with a hi-point quicker than other poorfag guns.
>>
File: 20140524_223606-1.jpg (610KB, 1210x926px) Image search: [Google]
20140524_223606-1.jpg
610KB, 1210x926px
>>34243121
I fixed the slippery grip with a Hogue rubber thingy (Can't remember what it was called).
Now it sits neglected in the back of the safe,because my financial situation improved.
Mine is the fuddy-5,though.
>>
>>34248890
WTF how, those are like 280USD brand new here in NZ.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.