[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we save Russia's military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 21

File: carrierflag.jpg (1MB, 2392x1526px) Image search: [Google]
carrierflag.jpg
1MB, 2392x1526px
No bad ideas in brainstorming.
>>
>>34240360
Sell it all to North Korea, become pacifist country with no military.
>>
Rebuild their entire country to not be a shit show.
>>
>>34240388
This
Economy is shit and never really recovered since the soviets so far. Needs a lot of work.
>>
>>34240360
Confiscate all assets from the oligarchs, put them in gulags and use all the money to revitalize the military.
>>
>>34240360
Ban vodka. Seriously. It kills Russian men and makes those that survives useless. Global warming is coming. Large tracts of Siberia will be arable soon. Start an agricultural revolution. Forget about oil. Make the world depend on you for food.
>>
They're doing the right thing to be honest. They are fully aware that with their economy being what it is, they are going to inevitably fall behind, so they are leveraging their current technological advantage over India (and historical goodwill from long term Moscow - New Delhi cooperaetion) to get funding from the poos (the soon to be world pooperpower) to develop new technology instead of yet another T-72 or Flanker with a new lick of paint.
>>
>>34240360
>American board
>Saving Russia's military

I'm sorry. You've mistaken me for someone who gives a fuck.
>>
spend all the money on hackers, propagandists, and foreign political influence.

russia only needs a token military, and their nuclear weapons.
>>
>>34240360
Economically destroy them. Stop pussyfooting around them. You fucked up 90's really badly, and now ryssia is forever butthurt about it, but it's not too late. It's still possible to install friendly regime that actually would work with Western world, not against it.
>>
>>34240427
This 100%. Line every single oligarch up against a wall and execute them. That is the only way to save russia
>>
>>34240360
Flat carrier decks.
>>
>>34241916
That wont happen
>>
>>34240564
You mean that they don`t have to do anything. Thince russians allready have all this, and upgraiding thair military just for fun?
>>
>>34242673

>t. bolsheviks
>>
File: have a good day.jpg (186KB, 750x1010px) Image search: [Google]
have a good day.jpg
186KB, 750x1010px
>>34240388
>Rebuild their entire country to not be a shit show.
Oh come on, its like a peep show of fucking idiocy in the same way North Korea is a living example of rabid communists. You'd spoil the fun of whacking on the cage with a stick and listening to the blyats and reeeeeeee! come out.
>>
A
>>
FUCKING
>>
LEAF
>>
RAMP*
>>
>>34240489
Mate, you ban vodka in Russia and they'll just drink brake fluid.
>>
>>34240388
This should have happened as soon as the Soviet Union was dissolved. The economy was in a shit state and should have been put into drydock to fix the structural problems. Instead shock therapy was implemented and damaged the Russian economy.
>>
File: 25.jpg (230KB, 902x735px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
230KB, 902x735px
>>34240360
By reworking its economy. That's the only reason why its shit.
>>
File: 11.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>tfw lost my image of rusty Burke
>>
>>34240427

Because that worked well the last time.
>>
File: Vladimir_287e1e_2641635.jpg (59KB, 700x424px) Image search: [Google]
Vladimir_287e1e_2641635.jpg
59KB, 700x424px
>>34240360
Help Russia to seek counseling to get over that fact that you can't swing your dick around and pretend to be a world class military on an economy the size of Italy's. Russia's whole military culture is all about exuding the aura that they could trounce NATO and the US if they wanted to, when the entire reason they perpetuate this myth is because they are shit scared; they are well aware they have neither the military nor economic strength to match NATO. Appear weak, and the scales fall from the eyes of the eastern European countries they like to muscle about. Appear too strong, and the West just slaps on sanctions, which the frail economy can't handle.

The sad part is that Russia could be all it wanted to be with genuine military, economic and political reform to pay for a modest but really well equipped military for defending its own interests. Problem is that is difficult when your government is just a front for gangs of thugs and oligarchs skimming off all they can for their own benefit. It makes no sense to make those changes for them, because fear of the West and appeals to the days of "Russia stronk" is just opiate for the masses, who are too dumb to realize change and hard work now could mean better lives for their children's generations.

Russia is therefore doomed by greed to have a military budget hobbled by the waxing and waning of oil/mineral prices, and their own boneheaded approach to foreign policy. Thus the Russian defense companies will forever be revealing " "the new F-22 killer" and "the new carrier battle group killer", which look like hot shit, but cost a fortune thanks to Russia's weakness in technical and electronic sectors, as well as the rampant corruption. Which is why you see these huge scary new weapons arrive in frontline units in dribs and drabs, with the rest of the numbers made up by a mish-mash of previous generation's shit with some racing stripes patched on.
>>
>>34243430
That worked great laat time. Capitalistic countries of Europe all failed to stop Germans.
>>
>>34243251
Source?
>>
>>34240360
That Shtorm carrier design, Ruskie wages but no actual shipyard, both should cancel each other out so lets say 15 billion dollar, they're not as efficient as China in their shipyards so it would probably take 5 or 6 years to build it and another 3 or so to commission it. So just for the thing they'd have to pay 1.6 billion dollar a year, current budget is 45 billion or so. It should be easily possible to finance it and to build a shipyard for it, what i suspect though is that the design for it is not finished and that they dont have a suitable aircraft for it.
>>
File: putin_01.jpg (160KB, 700x431px) Image search: [Google]
putin_01.jpg
160KB, 700x431px
>>34243500
>Problem is that is difficult when your government is just a front for gangs of thugs and oligarchs skimming off all they can for their own benefit.

The other part of the problem (aside from the many ones you've ascribed!) is that they've just kept going along like an ex husband who doesn't realise that 'its over'. At some deep level they just keep turning up to the door of their neighbouring countries, wanting influence over their lives and not understanding 70 years of USSR bullshit, misery and suffering was more than enough time together- now please fuck off.

Then they lose their shit and stuff like Chechnya, Georgia and Ukraine happens
All that really does is make other neighbouring countries up-arm, hate Russia even more than they did before, plus many just decide NATO- despite being a bit of a wank in of itself, is actually preferable to Ivan coming along every decade or so and trying to finger your bum. Because the alternative of having to listen to some insane orange goblin tweets and all the other NATO shit, is that you don't get fingered by Putin. Now they've shit the bed, everyone is sick of them and they have to figure out how to come up with the cash to actually go through with all the shit their mouth has been saying.

Its not something they can win.
The entire weight of the USSR was partly torn down by a race they couldn't win, they certainly can't win now that the US and NATO are now actually far stronger than at the peak of the USSR and just fucking miles ahead in practical experience, tech and sheer spending power.
I guess the sad thing is, they could have gone the internal nation building development route, NATO would have probably dissolved to nothing but memes and provided they didn't poke their neighbours, have no functional reason to exist.
>>
File: 1477764862368.png (161KB, 1070x868px) Image search: [Google]
1477764862368.png
161KB, 1070x868px
>>34243775
>that they've just kept going along like an ex husband who doesn't realise that 'its over'.

Truth. You hear it a lot from Russians that they often miss the days of the USSR. When you think about it, you can't really blame them. Russia was a peer military and economic opponent to the west, and held fief over half of Europe. The modern Russian situation is summed up by their reaction to losing control over the Ukraine: an unacknowledged proxy war stalemate in Donbass, at massive cost in lives, equipment and economic damage to Russia. Sure they seized the Crimea, but when all that means is increased access to what is already a Russian lake, the actual net gains from the conflict is pitiful.

What should really keep Russians up at night is the future: Their economy doesn't really have much chance of improving leaps and bounds, and what makes it even worse is that Europe has put a fair effort into moving away from dependence on Russian gas and hydrocarbons. They thought they could use the threat of stopping gas supplies to make Europe grovel at their feet in the early 2000's. Now the worm has turned, and they're pissing their pants over the mass European diversification of their gas supply. And when your friends in government and the oligarchy are all relying on national petrodollar incomes, that should make any Russian politician scared.
>>
File: giphy.gif (695KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
695KB, 500x285px
soviet reunion
>>
File: 8286106_original.jpg (177KB, 830x537px) Image search: [Google]
8286106_original.jpg
177KB, 830x537px
>>34243888
Maybe after another economic crisis and famine, these gook rapebabies will finally realise that the world has moved on and it's time to join civilised countries?

Nah, who I'm kidding. It's really remarkable how badly Russia squandered their opportunity to join Western block after the dissolution of the USSR. Instead of reforming, they started to chimp out, rob their own country blind, steal western aid and fight against each other till only one mafia clan remained. And then when things got sour, they started to blame west if they are in blame of their shitty situation.

At least smart people from Russia generally try to escape Russia and settle down in the Western countries, contributing to science and culture.
>>
>>34243520
>>34243251

Second this, we need sauce!
>>
File: 1471296870397.jpg (41KB, 534x532px) Image search: [Google]
1471296870397.jpg
41KB, 534x532px
>>34243997
>>34243520
>no monies
>no cool stuff
>>
>>34244008

Not the money bit, the picture, we need sauce for the that picture.
>>
File: 54673457.jpg (125KB, 359x314px) Image search: [Google]
54673457.jpg
125KB, 359x314px
>>34244016
Oh, I forgot I'm shitposting in a message board for chinese cartoons.
>>
>>34243888
My wife has Russian and Ukrainian parents, for them they met during the Afghanistan war (one was a dentist and the other was a surgeon) and the turning point for them was the war, having to patch up the maimed and wounded that just kept coming in by the 1000's. Basically after putting together enough dismembered kids, they came to the conclusion that whatever the USSR may or wanted to stand for in the past had lost its way and wasn't anything resembling civilisation.
So when the break up came, they packed their shit, the kids and headed to the UK immediately.
There is a deep sadness still carried for kin and country, the culture (or whats left of it), but they have no regrets about making that decision regardless of how painful the break was... course when she turned up home one day with a slightly dented, veteran of Afghan and Iraq from Australia. It was kind of an interesting time to say the least!

I think a lot of ordinary Russians are coming around to the conclusion now that the state has NONE of their interests at heart and no real inclination to improve their lives, its going to cook off again in some form or another. The oligarchy should be very wary of them if nothing else...
>>
File: 746792473.jpg (98KB, 556x825px) Image search: [Google]
746792473.jpg
98KB, 556x825px
>>34244119
Ordinary Russians? You mean same people who approve their current president by whooping 90% and have absolutely no interest in protecting their rights, as long as it doesn't seriously hamper their life? They KNOW that their ruling party steals shit in droves and they choose to completely ignore it. Fuck, they even support the murder of opposition and shady stuff in Ukraine, Syria and etc.

That country is hopeless. It's really sad that they still possess nukes, the world really could use some breather from that pox we for some reason call "ordinary russians".

Our ruling elite despised Russia for centuries, and I certainly see why. All these invasions on Russia had a clear goal and always had interests of the western world on its mind.
>>
>>34244203
Ah I wouldn't place any reliance on approval ratings. Anything 'official' gets taken with a big lump of salt.
Putin has a plan and he doesn't give a fuck who gets in the way, civilians, journalists, foreigners, casualties, opposition leaders etc have no meaning to him and if they get in the way, tough shit.
There are some large anti-corruption protests going on at the moment, but being Russia, its not going well for them.
>>
>>34244203
>Our ruling elite despised Russia for centuries
(((Our ruling elite))) certainly have, but just because Jews hate Russia, that doesn't mean that I have to. Also, all of you are acting like it's a bad thing that Russia isn't flushing hundreds of billions of dollars down the toilet on fragile boutique weapons so that they can be the enforcement goons of the globalist order, but frankly I don't see it. Russia doesn't bow to ZOG, and ZOG has a lot of shills here, though, so I guess that's a lot of what's going on. I hope the JIDF pays well.
>>
>>34244364
.........are you schizophrenic or just a shitposter?
>>
>>34244364
>>Problem is that is difficult when your government is just a front for gangs of thugs and oligarchs skimming off all they can for their own benefit.
We are talking about Russia, not the USA.
>>34244364
Stormfag, stop muttering abut ZOG and get some facts. look into the race and religion of the Russian Oligarchs. Putin rules Russia, Jews own it. If western Jews hate Russia its because of factions within the Tribe.
The pro-Russian militia in the Ukraine? funded by a Jewish industrialist.
If racial destiny is a thing, based on past and current actions, Germans always want to rule Russia, Russians always want to rule Germans, Anglos want to rule everything but Europe and Jews want to own everything.
>>
File: 1288440119707.jpg (141KB, 730x464px) Image search: [Google]
1288440119707.jpg
141KB, 730x464px
>>34244449
Na, just a very low IQ /pol/tard. For his info, ZOG is the guy on the right.
>>
File: 1288869399414.jpg (1MB, 1227x875px) Image search: [Google]
1288869399414.jpg
1MB, 1227x875px
>>34244515
Keeping the thread drift slightly /k/ related.
>>
File: 1194382862951.jpg (50KB, 363x380px) Image search: [Google]
1194382862951.jpg
50KB, 363x380px
>>
>>34240360
The problem with Russia is that it's government is a shitshow of epic proportions and that sanctions placed on them aren't helping them in the slightest. I may not like the USSR at all but one can see why some Russians like those days better.
>>
>>34240360
have them stop fighting for pissant border territories like Crimea and Ossetia, rip off other countries' designs for ships and planes and tanks and build them, and then take the newfound money, effort, and morale they have and put it into designing materiel that's better than what other countries have and then building it
also drive up recruitment somehow, hopefully the changes would help in that, hopefully recruit less people that are depressed or psychotic
>>
>>34243430
I mean, it worked pretty well for about 40 years or so. Just got to try again and set up a better system for when they inevitably collapse again.
>>
For one thing, ditch the fucking ramps and the diesel smokescreens.
>>
File: Russian ass armour.jpg (311KB, 720x511px) Image search: [Google]
Russian ass armour.jpg
311KB, 720x511px
>>34240360
Replace the conscription based military with a volunteer based one so they can invest more into upping their technology and equipment and make each individual soldier better rather than having to make sure you have enough guns to arm millions of conscripts who think getting drunk and raping the boots is what being a soldier is really about.
>>
File: Arguing with a vatnik.jpg (59KB, 604x404px) Image search: [Google]
Arguing with a vatnik.jpg
59KB, 604x404px
You need to understand economics and geopolitics first, Russian economy is based of selling gas. The reason Russia collapsed before is low energy prices and high defense spending, the same reason Russia will collapse in the next few years again. There is no saving it. And if you're anything but Russian you should be cheering Russian collapse. Russia is a threat to anything not Russian, well to Russia itself too...
>>
File: jewtin.jpg (122KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jewtin.jpg
122KB, 1600x1000px
>>34244364
>russia doesn't afraid of no jewwwws
You're retarded vatnik faggot. Enjoy your internet while it lasts kek
>>
>>34240553
Totally agree, bro! I appload you, sir.
>Claps loudly
>Tips you 40,- AMERICAN DOLLARS (it is the best currency. There are no better currencies, I swear. It's the truth)

Man, I love being american on my american board in America.

Please if you are not american, or do not have AMERICAN INTERESTS, please leave MY BOARD.

>AMERICA FIRST
>>
Russia was always shit even from before the revolution. My family bailed to Israel as soon as the walls fell. Most of the other smart Russian did the same. And since most of the decent smart people were ratted out to the kgb by pesant neighbors to the kgb, about 70-80% of ppl living there today have a pesant-mob mentality. Those with any brains have to keep their heads down. Any Russians wanting to better the country are assassinated by random grande launcher violence. Most of the drunkest aggressive no. Loves Putin and thinks America is evil and always were. There's no helping that shit hole. Let it burn itself after all the shit it did.
The saddest thing is that the west is still chugging down communist propoganda from the 60 by the falcons. Look up Yuri bezemenov on yt on that topic.
Lawless to this very day with one of the most corrupt police forces.

To conclude - always was a violent shit pesant hole, still is one.
>>
>>34247266
Ilike how autocorrect changes words like gallons into "falcons"
>>
>>34247266
Why you mad tho?
>>
File: 7.jpg (461KB, 1280x1854px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
461KB, 1280x1854px
>>34243520
>>34243997
https://nhentai.net/g/168721/
Here you go
>>
>>34247266
>>34247584
He's not mad, he's just telling the truth, why you mad though? I already know though, you're either one of those peasants, or a hipster westerner who thinks liking "the underdog" makes them feel good and hip about themselves. Grow up mate, there's nothing cool or hip about liking Russia.

T. Russian American who's family escaped that shithole. Russia is the biggest disease on our planet. It has almost ruined the west with their communist propaganda.
>>
>>34240360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs
>>
>>34248345
But it was so called west that brought communism to Russia
So everything Russia have done was justified
>>
I'd give Russia another 10~ years or so before either a complete economic collapse or some sort of revolution. They are a failing oil state, that is both unable and unwilling to change to meet the challenges of the modern global economy. Putin has been bleeding the state coffers since the collapse of oil to keep the lights on, but it isn't sustainable and Russians know this even if they pretend otherwise. When that ship finally sinks, it's going to be hell on earth for everyone living there.
>>
>>34240360
>How do we save Russia's military?

We save them by destroying it so they can start again with fur uniforms and big swords

They would be happier that way.
>>
>>34250768
agree
>>
>>34240360
Give them the former soviet territories
>>
>>34240360
They should have just let the military rot and invested everything into their space industry. They could have gotten a big leg up over the USA since we abandoned NASA during the 90s. Then use all the advanced tech they developed for space and repurpose it for a new military.

>>34247100
Dumb idea, they don't have the funds to make an advanced fighting force. The only thing Russia has going for them is nukes and numbers. The american model barely works for America, so what makes you think it could work for Russia?
>>
>>34252438
i agree
>>
>>34243515
>>34247040
I wish communists would fuck off from /k/. You're only interested in guns now because you think you can use them as a tool to escalate your own power.
>>
>>34250768
they have thousands of high-yield hydrogen bombs, it would be a hell for everyone in europe if the russian state collapsed.
>>
>>34240360
Let's do that comparison picture again when the QEs are a couple decades old.

I can guarantee you they won't be in any better shape.
>>
>>34247191
As if America first was something bad for them kek
>>
>>34252438
This
>>
>>34252571
Spacenaz and space mig21s
what a sight would that be i wonder
>>
>>34252438
i too agree this
>>
>>34252438
>>34252705
>>34253428
>>34253480
>they collapsed with their territories
>let's let them try again and set back those territories a decade.

Lel
>>
Give them anti-sheep rifles
>>
>>34240360
>italy have better carrier than Russia
>beaten by a country devastated by ww2 with less than half the population
whoa is this the power of...communism?
>>
>>34240360
Reform the entire Russian government and economy. That's the only way you can save the Russian military
>>
Nice try Putin but you aren't getting help from me.
>>
>>34240360
Restart Soviet Union. The USSR was the best for military.
>>
>>34240360
Rework the country from the ground up.
Reduce economic dependence on fossil fuels and other resources. How? Ditch Putin, ditch the oligarchs, restore the rule of law. Russian elites have no interest in reducing dependence on natural resources and few of the means, foreign investors will barely touch the country because they know that Putin's rule is arbitrary as fuck and putting one foot wrong will lead to a loss of assets or life. Next, find some way to get investment and hi-tech industry into the country without turning your country into a China-tier polluted mess (that's the hard part)
>>
File: 1482070275408.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482070275408.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
Turn the EU into a facist state.

Have them try to conquer the former Warsaw Pact/Eastern Block.

Russia comes to kick them out again, and retake those states.

BAM. War victory economic stimulus for the next 50 - 100 years.
>>
>>34240360
Become Imperialist Russia again.
>>
>>34252438
this
>>
>>34240360
Stop antagonizing everyone
>>
>>34254439
>Putin justifying his excessive control over the system
>>
>>34243430
>went from one of the poorest countries in Europe with low literacy, almost no industry, feudalism, and crushing defeat in WW1 to universal literacy, strong industry, victory on WW2 and 40 years of Nuclear armed superpower status
yeah, I think it went pretty well.
>>
>>34247191
$40 US dollars is the equivalent of a 1.5 weeks of minimum wage work in Russia.
>>
>>34240360
Reform Russias gov

have them join nato
>>
>>34255406
They wanted to. Twice. Not their problem NATO is a bunch of passive aggressive america's bitches.
>>
>>34255480
Well thats wrong, the Duma opposed it.
>>
File: amerussia polandball.png (391KB, 680x457px) Image search: [Google]
amerussia polandball.png
391KB, 680x457px
>>34240360
Annexation.
>>
>>34250502
Good vatnik
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.