[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pets for personal protection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

Anyone else have a pet for personal protection?

This is my dog, he is a good dog that happens to like protecting my property and of me. This is good because i can trust he will protect my shit while im gone and me when i cant carry a weapon.

I didnt get him to protect me but it happens that he is naturally protective and ive worked that out of him more and more with positive reinforcement.
>>
>>34239858
Man my rotts ended up that way too. I keep em real separate from everyone, I don't wanna risk my fuzzy babies getting put down over biting some urban bard.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>34239858
You need one of these dudes for protection.
>the ATF agent's look of horror when he realizes your dog isn't a dog
>>
>>34239858
Dogs are alarms. Watchdogs. It's up to you to protect them. They only sound the alarm.

99% of time if a dog protects it's owner it's out of self preservation. Or the dog is unhinged. Real attack dogs require an attack command.

So defend yourself you cunt. He is "protective" of you because he's assessed you. Your dog feels like he's the Alpha, and you're the beta. That's why he's protective.
>>
File: military_dog_ofweek_102512.jpg (289KB, 1036x575px) Image search: [Google]
military_dog_ofweek_102512.jpg
289KB, 1036x575px
>>34239936
Oh btw was a dog trainer in the military in case you think I'm talking out of my ass. Or think your feelings are more important than reality.
>>
>>34239909
oh no! you miss understand, he is honestly quite tame but show aggression to strangers on the property and only takes it to the next level with my permission.

>>34239975
>>34239936
My dog has a command, its "get em". Thats the next level command. Other wise its just alert stuff. Although i dont think you know what you are talking about. There are different styles of training guard dogs and you seem to be caught up on the military style.

He doesnt think he is alpha at all, honestly pretty fucking beta most of the time. He has never shown signs of caring about his position in the pack.
>>
>>
>>34239858
I tried to train my shepherd and lab to be decent guard dogs, but that took way too much time that I didn't have to make sure they were aggressive enough to protect me without attacking just anyone. Decided to just train them to bark when strangers were in the house or on my property. They were basically just cute alarm systems.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>
>>34240129
>>34239925
wolf mix?
>>
>>34240194
1/4 husky 3/4 gray wolf
>>
>>34240243
so what? thats a wolf mix with a husky and their offspring were mixed with a wolf?
>>
>>34240243
i bet the is a big sweety.
>>
>>34240303
Yes.
>>34240390
He's a gigantic baby. The guy we got him from is a family friend in his 70s. He's been trying to give him away for a while. The guy he tried to give him too first tried to beat him. He realized this was a mistake almost immediately. We had to go over and pick him up with a cage because the douchebag couldn't go back in his house.
>>
File: IMG_8063.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8063.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>34239858
Yeah I have a rhodesian Ridgeback. He is autism watch dog supreme. Barks at anything and knows shit is outside even if he can't see it.

He is 10 months old, photo is older, but still does this all day.
>>
>>34240097
Rhodesian Ridgeback poster, I had 2 neopolitans 2 rotties and a rott chow chow as a kid also.

My dad used to neopolitans during Katrina
>>
>>34239936
>>34239975
This desu. Unless you've literally raised your dog through Schutzhund training from birth, it is the appropriate breed and (un)luckily got the right temperament, you've just got a fucktarded aggressive dog that's going to attack someone.
>>
>>34240129
>>34239925
not to be a dick, but that looks like it's just a malamute. The hair, ears, paws, forearms, stop, and snout don't look wolf. Everybody always says they've got a wolfdog hybrid, but it's not really something you actually want.
>>
>>34240699
I can see how you would think that from pictures, but he howls instead of barking and weighs 130 lbs. I'll get some more pictures of him tomorrow when the sun is up if you want anything in particular.
>>
>>34239858
My dog can watch corners and provide cover fire
>>
>>34241133
Hot.
>>
>>34241147
The perfect battle buddy, loyal, obedient, and actually likes being fed cheese omelet
>>
>>34239858
I have a small army of monkeys
>>
File: doggo.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
I lived with someone who bought some nigger pitbull.

He was very rough and what I thought a bit cruel to it growing up. Once it was finally fully grown it took orders like a champ and would probably defend him to the death

How does one learn how to raise a dog, properly for a utility like defence? How do you establish your dominance over a dog, without essentially being so cruel you're low key abusing it?

Pic related, my doggo I think he's a bit sick
>>
>>34241333
>without essentially being so cruel you're low key abusing it?
You can't, you should see the fucked up shit they do to Mil/LEO k9's
>>
File: IMG_7465.png (212KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7465.png
212KB, 400x400px
>>34239858
I have an eleborate system of fish tanks, sealed with trap doors, that are connecteded to fishing wires which run through various rooms in my house.
Each fish tank is filled with bees

It's simple
attacker comes in
I release the bees
>>
>>34241372
please be real and post pictures
>>
>>34239858

Use to have a three dogs for protection. some one tossed poison treats over the fence. Doggos died, some one broke in two days later.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.