[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flaregun thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3205.jpg (42KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3205.jpg
42KB, 640x360px
Sup /k/, so I was thinking about taking a cycling trip around the U.S.
Now I'm very concerned for my safety and I'll be traveling mostly in rural areas. I can't bring a handgun because I'm 20, and bringing a shotgun or rifle on a bike is impractical and probably not legal.
So I was thinking about buying one of those vz44 flareguns and bringing them along.
I figured if I get stranded it could signal my position and if need be I could fire it at bears, moose, or people if necessary.
Would this be ill advised? I saw a flaregun thread on here a few days ago and it got me thinking but I'm not sure if it's something illegal to carry cross country.
>>
Maybe get an adapter for it?
>>
>>34238549
Flares themselves dont work well as a defensive item. A 12ga insert makes it a an illegal SBS and the .410/22lr/9mm inserts are impractical against bears/moose. Better off with a can of mace or just bicycling away.
>>
I dont know about the legality but if I was taking a long hike alone it can't hurt to have some kind of signaling device if you get injured.
>>
>>34238581
Yeah I'm aware it's not at all an ideal defensive tool. But say I hurt my ankle and a bear is charging me, I'd rather blast at him with fire than sit and die.
>>
>>34238597
Definitely, I usually have road flares in my car for that reason too
>>34238576
Those are illegal in my state. But I guess I could try and buy one out of state and throw it away before coming home.
>>
>>34238621
>I'd rather blast at him with fire than sit and die.
The bear isnt going to fuck off because of a flare, if a bear is going to attack you you better kill it or die
>>
>>34238581
what if he loaded the shells with rice crispies?
>>
>>34238636
I've heard of people using flares to frighten off bears. I'm just saying it's at least something.
>>
>>34238636
>Shoot bear
>Flare goes down throat
>??????
>Bear meat for life

What is wrong with you
>>
>>34238581
it will do some damage. the 12 gauge inserts are tapered just to accept 12 gauge flares but mini shells will probably fit. possession of a flare gun and insert would be treated the same way as a handgun. flare guns are legal everywhere, but if a cop wanted to give you a hard time for carrying one he could.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vfQwdszJYM
>>
>>34238664
>"oh shit I broke my ankle and a bear is charging me"
>I have prepared for this
>load in my custom shell of coco puffs
>"eat this bear"
>fire flare gun. A large pop deafens the woods
>the bear is perplexed, the noise has stunned it for a moment
>this gives me enough time to shoot up wit a lethal dose of heroin
>don't die by bear mauling
>they find the scraps of my body weeks later
>>
>>34238581
they get some penetration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ievbU3xIYGQ&t=9m22s
>>
>>34238774
>9:22
>>
File: 650591i2_ts.jpg (116KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
650591i2_ts.jpg
116KB, 1155x1155px
you can find zastava m88a's for ~200, I got one of SG but looks like they're sold out now. Maybe gunbroker.

It's durable and reliable - I've never had a malfunction, but good luck getting tight groupings past 20 yards with that ridiculous trigger pull.
>>
>>34241188
shit wrong thread
>>
>>34241188
>checked
Thinking about picking one of those up. How much is the trigger pull? Estimate?
>>
>>34241188
oh jesus CAI is drilling "read the manual" into the metal on milsurps now? I thought they couldn't get any worse
>>
File: IMG_0379.jpg (40KB, 420x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0379.jpg
40KB, 420x408px
>>34238747
>wanting bear worms
>>
>>34241188
>20 yards
I meant 20 feet

>>34241235
I'd say somewhere in the range of eight pounds, but you get used to it after a while
>>
>>34241289
>not wanting parasites
>missing out in life
>life's adventures
>>
>>34241310
So basically the trigger pull of the hand nugget with the hammer cocked? Easy peazey.
>>
>>34241289
that's what cooking is for
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.