[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDC/Defensive flashlight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: light.jpg (9KB, 327x327px) Image search: [Google]
light.jpg
9KB, 327x327px
Is this good? It doesn't have a strike bezel, are strike bezels a meme? I want a light that is high lumens and capable to going from off-strobe mode instantly.

https://www.amazon.com/Klarus-Upgraded-Tactical-Flashlight-Battery/dp/B01H2G2NIQ

my budget is around $50 also flashlight general i guess.
>>
>>34238166
A gun makes a pretty bright flash.and it can go strobe in a instant.
>>
Don't have a comment on that specific model or brand but

>are strike bezels a meme?

For the most part, yes. They tend to dig into your pockets, creating holes. Not worth it imo

>I want a light that is high lumens

Good on you, the more lumens or candella, the better the light will be. Keep in mind that certain brands while utilizing a high lumen LED, won't be as durable as something established like Surefire

>and capable to going from off-strobe mode instantly.

Strobe is a gimmick, what you want in a defensive light is HIGH. HIGH. HIGH. HIGH. None of that tap 1 time for 25 lumens, tap twice and hold it down right after for 50 lumens strobe, tap three times for blelhlelb.

Also strobe can mask slow movements
>>
>>34238459
So what would you recommend for a single mode high lumen one?
>>
>>34238166
TN-12
$50

1000lux

Pretty good
>>
>>34238612
Check out the Protac 1L-1AA
>>
>>34239265
>Protac 1L-1AA
That looks sweet (I have a lower quality and lower lumen one that looks just like that and I like it) I am looking for one with 18650s though, forgot to specify in the OP. I already have some spares so I figure why not
>>
>>34239362
Yeah, the 1L-1AA is great. I replaced a 1L with it and been using it for a good 8 months now.

Check out the Fenix UC35, it's probably going to be my next light.
>rechargeable
>18650s and CR123s
>960 lumens

https://www.amazon.com/UC35-Rechargeable-compatible-rechargeable-EdisonBright/dp/B00OZZZXM6
>>
File: gunlights.png (3MB, 1560x895px) Image search: [Google]
gunlights.png
3MB, 1560x895px
>>34238166
Nitecore P12 $49.99 (amazon) and $59 for a set with charger and batteries.
1000 lumens for 1hr, and more run-time on lower settings.
I have one on my 870 and one for EDC, been running the same Panasonic 18650 button tops since 2015, with dozens of charge-cycles and hundreds of hours on. It also can take CR123A batteries that I use in my TLR-1HL.
I've abused the one on the 870 since 2015, early this year I got a remote switch and put it on the 870 after buying another P12, since they are "dirt cheap" for what you get, probably the best budget 1k lumen light that actually will put out 1000 lumens.
And Yes you can set it to strobe, shut it off and it will be on strobe when you power it on, till ya push the mode switch.
>>
I just ordered a cheap 300 lumens right angle light to put in the loops of my rucksack shoulder straps. Is 300 lumens particularly bright? It's useful I'm assuming but is it a strong beam? I want it primarily for whilst I'm running, hiking or cycling at night but would be cool if it's offensive at all
>>
>>34239876
>Is 300 lumens particularly bright?

The word your looking for is candella but it's quite bright. Not as bright as I would like but it's still a good amount. The light I carry is a 300 lumens along with the Arisaka light I have on my AR as well.

I would look more into dependability more than lumens imho. There's plenty of lights that boast a high lumen count but have shit components and questionable reliability.
>>
>>34239911
Okay great. Thanks for the info
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.