[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P2000 and P2000sk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: HK-P2000SC-silo1.jpg (45KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
HK-P2000SC-silo1.jpg
45KB, 1200x846px
Why does the P2000 seem to be the red headed stepchild of HK? People routinely talk about the USP, P30, VP variants but the P2k seems to never get mentioned.

Is their something wrong with this line?
>>
>>34237016
Answer me plebeians
>>
>>34237016
USP was perfect unless you wanted a 9mm. Everything else is searching for that level of perfection, for the 9mm.
>>
idk, it has one more bullet than the usp and more in reserve, but the usp comes with a silencer. you can use either one well, i prefer the p2k myself.
>>
>>34237016
The P2K series wasn't in the limelight for very long and has a much more limited run of models.

They are excellent guns, but the P30 series really fleshed out the changes made from the USP series.
>>
>>34237449
>USP was perfect unless you wanted a 9mm
Why?
>>
>>34237016
I have the light LEM p2000 in .40s&w
I really like it. Having a light but long trigger pull and being able to thumb the hammer when re-holstering are great.

>>34237475
This is why i bought it. No ragrets.
>>
>>34237475
>>34238468

lmao
>>
mostly because the p30 is better
>same trigger system
>same controls
>front cocking serrations
>better stock sights
>a more customizable and stickier grip
>a full rail

now the p30 is slightly larger than the p2000 and more expensive, so there's an argument for the p2000, but the sk models are the same size and seeing as there isn't really a price difference, the p2000sk is really only good for women who need the slightly smaller grip of the p2000
>>
File: 1473984304144.jpg (176KB, 1072x660px)
1473984304144.jpg
176KB, 1072x660px
>>34238574
>better stock sights

I don't understand why this is a consideration. If one wishes to get better sights, why not get aftermarket ones? Dawson Precision and 10-8 both make fantastic fiber optics for HKs now.
>>
>>34238433
Because it started life as a high endurance 10mm concept, became a rugged .40 and then a 9mm when most .40s were just rebarreled 9mm. So it's got more meat than if it were initially a 9mm. Notice the p2000k and p30 are more trim while the USP9 just has more material removed from the slide.

Still a fantastic gun but overbuilt for a 9mm
>>
>>34238616
Because if they wished to get better sights, the stock sights wouldn't matter. Some people don't want to have to spend extra money on a new purchase.
>>
>>34237016
The P2000(SK) was a USPC successor in the late '90s and early '00s marketed towards law enforcement agencies as there were few if any major full size contracts looming on the horizon, especially for the military market. There were, at the time, a large number of LE agencies the world over using older/current full size pistols for concealed/plain clothes work or even older j frames and snubs and the like who were in the market for something smaller and/or newer, and so the P2000 and SK were born. They also were introduced in sort of a dark era for gun ownership in the U.S., unlike the P30 and VP9 now.

They're great guns and they work just as well as everything else H&K, they just never really took off in sales due to the above.
>>
>>34238694
>HK overbuilt engineering
>10mm
I swear to browning, if they release a 10mm gun, it would be the first gun I preorder
>>
>>34237016
P2k is great but more geared towards ccw.
>>
>>34237016
The USP system offers a fully featured handgun system from target pistols to full size duty pistols and compact carry pistols, in all the major calibers and with all the options ("options" = having a safety or not, right- vs. left-handedness, threaded barrel, and which firing system). The P30/HK45 system offers a full size, semi-compact (in 9mm and .40), compact (in .45) and subcompact (in 9mm and .40) pistols with most of the options that the USP system offers and many upgrades that the USP lacked. These are HK's two biggest lines of pistols.

The VP system, I feel, is HK's next intended flagship line of pistols. So far, they have two calibers (9mm and .40), two sizes (full size and subcompact) and a threaded barrel version. I have seen pictures from the European market of an optional push button mag release, manual thumb safety, longslide variant, marine variant, and a version of the full size with a built in RMR optic, and although these have not hit the US market yet, it's obvious that they are taking the VP in the same direction as they took the USP and P30/HK45 systems.

The P2000 was originally only designed and produced for a certain police contract, and only offered for civilian sales as an afterthought. The system only caters to two calibers, is only available as compact and subcompact pistols, which are more niche, and has fewer options (no possibility of a manual safety and no threaded barrel version). It just doesn't bring much to the table on its own aside from a few minor tweaks, like a slimmer/smoother grip than the P30 and the ambi slide catch (which the USPc lacks). When HK decided to finally move on from the USP being their flagship pistol line, their own designers came up with an entirely different pistol in the P30/HK45, so it appears that the P2000 was never intended as a USP replacement. It's more of an off-shoot that never really went anywhere.
>>
>>34238694
>Because it started life as a high endurance 10mm concept,
Source for this or I'm calling bullshit. The USP and Mark 23 were designed around the same time around .40S&W and .45ACP respectively. It was the Mark 23 that they tested using high pressure .45ACP proof loads, but that gun was always intended to cycle standard pressure .45ACP. I never heard anything about the USP being designed for 10mm and I think you are mistaken about this.
>>
File: hk mind blown.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px)
hk mind blown.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>34238895
>Mark 23
more importantly, it will blown itself up if you were to fire even regular 10mm from it. jesus HK scrubs are fucking deluded.
>>
>>34238951
potato-fag on youtube's 10mm conversion is still working well apparently. but no, that 10mm shit was pulled out of his ass. USP was designed for american market law enforcement as a .40 from the start.
>>
>>34238976
that's because the limiting factor is the barrel, the slide is only relevant as far as the weight vs. spring tension tuning goes for reliable cycling. you can't really make the lockup or bolt face too weak in modern pistol designs unless you really, really are pantsu on head retarded. if you drop in a quality 100m barrel it can work.
>>
>>34239005
Potatoman used an aftermarket .40S&W barrel that he had reamed for the 10mm case.
>>
>>34237449
The P2000 is an improvement on the USP and fixes most of its problems.
>>
>>34239019
examples?
>>
>>34239014
well, ok, that's pantsu on head retarded. the wall thickness up on the hood must be around 1mm...
>>
>>34239005
wait, is>>34238951
indicating someone tried to shoot 10mm out of a mk23 .45 barrel or 10mm out of a usp .40 barrel? because both are pretty retarded
>>
>>34239044
You do realize that .40S&W and 10mm use the exact same case diameter, don't you? The 10mm case is just a little longer.
>>
File: 1472656762673.png (2MB, 1272x742px) Image search: [Google]
1472656762673.png
2MB, 1272x742px
>>34239019
all HK pistols and guns are trash and the VP is too gimmicky to ever be believably considerable a real service pistol flagship for any military or police agency. >>34238860 is is full of shit.
>>
>>34238574
>same trigger system

All the same since the USPc

>same controls

Sort of, the P2000 has a shorter slide release, and no models with a safety.

>front cocking serrations

A useless upgrade, I can press check guns without them just fine, not that i bother with press checking.

>better stock sights

Wrong, the ledgless sights on the P30 do look better but are less functional.

>a more customizable and stickier grip

Will give you that, but the side panels aren't really a thing that matters for customization outside of hardcore target shooting. Being able to make the grip fatter on one side than the other does make a difference in comfort for target shooting, but is not good for defense shooting. The front and back straps on the P2000 are sticky enough.

>a full rail

Its still not long enough on the P30. The P2k has a glock style rail which helps it just fine in today's light market, but even the P30 has trouble using the larger lights.
>>
>>34238574
>>34239084
>same trigger system

The USP, P2000, HK45 and P30 all have nuanced differences in their triggers. No two feel exactly the same. Granted, however, all of them have options for you to buy a gun with either DA/SA or LEM, so they are "the same" in that regard.
>>
>>34239070
>The 10mm case is just a little longer.
yes, which means you have to ream out some of the rifling, which means you are getting closer to the locking step on the hood which means your wall thickness of the chamber decreases while your pressure increases. none of that is good.
>>
>>34239053
>indicating someone tried to shoot 10mm out of a mk23 .45 barrel or 10mm out of a usp .40 barrel? because both are pretty retarded

no, I meant you can load 45 to 10mm pressure and shoot it out of a regular 45 mk23 upon which it will assplode.
>>
>>34239133
How the fuck could you have meant THAT? You need to work on your phrasing in the future. Nobody is going to interpret that from what you wrote.
>>
File: shotapistol.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px)
shotapistol.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>34239118
I've shot a usp, a p30, a usp-c, and I've only dry fired the p2000, never touched a 45

my usp trigger is my favorite, but it's a 24 year old gun so all the parts are worn in and the grit is long gone.

witcheranon's usp compact I shot side by side with my p30 and it blew it out of the water.

my p30 trigger just sucked. meh as fucking single action, and the double action was almost as bad as a Beretta 92 double action

the p2000 I can't really comment on, but it didn't jump out at me as good or bad.
>>
>>34239133
okay, well that's retarded too. I was indicating you were retarded, just who ever thought shooting 10mm out of a gun not built for it is retarded.
>>
>>34239151
dunno, how do you shoot a 10mm from a 40 then? jamm the pin in there somehow protruding out of the bolt face and let it slamfire?
>>
>>34238468
>this is why i bought it
wtf, you spawn with one, you don't need to buy it
>>
>>34239185
You modify a .40 caliber barrel to have a slightly longer chamber.
>>
>>34239019
>>34239077
I guess I should have specified the USPc for you 2 mouth breathers, but here I will just spell it out for you.

The USPc and P2000 are pretty much the same gun with a few exceptions. The P2000 has a
>captive and ambi slide release
>lighter and more beveled slide aiding in total weight and concealment.
>The decocker is is on the back keeping the gun as thin as possible.
>The checkering is finer and more grippy on the front and back while not being rough on the sides.
>the backstraps are replaceable making the grip more modular.
They did this before it was cool so people forget about that.

Now most importantly.
>it has a glock rail instead of a proprietary one

The trigger parts, and recoil springs are the exact same, and the gun weighs about as much as a G19 Where as the USPc weighed as much as a G17.

The P2000 is a marked improvement over the USPc pistols and the USPc were improvements on the fullsizes.
>>
>>34239196
yes, like I posted here:
>>34239119
but that wasn't part of this thrain of thought in the discussion. sorry.
>>
>>34239118
The P2000 shares parts with the USPc. Yes the fullsize is different than those two, it has a bigger sear for one, and I can't speak for the P30 series since I haven't looked at them in detail.
>>
>>34238712
>Some people don't want to have to spend extra money on a new purchase.

Bet your ass people who think like this own 5 handguns with stock sights on them.
>>
File: p2000.png (703KB, 480x783px) Image search: [Google]
p2000.png
703KB, 480x783px
>>34239197
Actually, the P2000 slide release isn't captive.
>>
>>34239197
>The decocker is is on the back keeping the gun as thin as possible.

doesn't matter bc the hugh mongous slide stop is there on the side and that determines how wide the gun is going to be in the holster. the thumb safety is not a limiting factor. meanwhile the back decocker is a funnel for shit and just plain ass unergonomic. I can accept an USPc with a LEM trigger, everything else is HK answer to questions nobody asked.
>>
>>34239268
Well I am an LEM guy so I really don't worry about the decocker switch too much. Though you can always have the slide release grinded down.
>>
>>34239318
>Though you can always have the slide release grinded down.

does that count as aftermarket parts?
>>
>>34239350
Probably, but I didn't know that was against the rules. If you aren't stupid you could do it yourself though.
>>
USP match trigger is best trigger. Next best is match/lem hybrid. P-series guns a shit.
>>
>>34237016

I talk about my P2000 (Pronounced 'puh-toooo!') all the god damned time.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.