[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would the lack of chrome lining on an MR556A1 be an issue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2267.jpg (129KB, 588x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2267.jpg
129KB, 588x800px
Being a bit of an HK fanboy (don't judge me /k/), I'm thinking about taking a plunge on an MR556A1. All I want to know is if the absence of chrome lining would affect the reliability of this gun. Would it be able to function as well in adverse conditions as the 416?
>>
>>34235383
>Would it be able to function as well in adverse conditions as the 416?

No. But will it actually affect your shooting experience? Probably not. Privately owned guns are not going to get used and abused a fraction of what military guns get treated to, so you'll never get to the point of noticing the difference.
>>
>>34235383
It's a shittier barrel as a result and a neutered version of the 416 overall. Buy an SR-15 or another high quality AR instead
>>
>>34235383
lol enjoy overpaying 2000 dollars for a shit piston system grafted onto an actual good gun
>>
According to HKs rep, the nitride barrel will last longer than the chrome lined barrel. But the chrome lined barrel will also last longer than the nitride barrel. Basically, they're both better than each other. No compromise.
>>
>>34235490
I thought the widely accepted stance on nitrited barrels is wear resistance between naked stainless steel and chrome line, but accuracy sits in the middle of the two as well?
>>
>>34235383
Take the plunge if you want, Anon. Just be sure about the upsides and downsides of your purchase.

Wub u, Anon.
>>
>>34235490
The mr556 barrel isn't even nitrided.
If you want that you have send it out to have it done aftermarket.
Nothing wrong with nitride in a semi auto though, in all actuality I would prefer it.
>>
>>34235490
"LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"
-H&K
>>
>>34235411
>>34235451
Pretty much these.

Buy an SR-15 and you'll be happier for it. If you absolutely must have a piston, just get a SCAR.

Get as many HK handguns as you want though, they're actually worthy of their praise.
>>
>>34235490
>â–¶IIRC the guy from Battlefield Vegas said they shot out the HK barrels very, very quickly. They were keyholing while PSA barrels with greater round counts were still shooting well.
>>
>>34235411
>Shit barrel
Where are your proofs Mr Stoner?
>>
File: NO CHROM LINE FOR HK HATERS.png (199KB, 549x1520px) Image search: [Google]
NO CHROM LINE FOR HK HATERS.png
199KB, 549x1520px
>>34235383
hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha HK tells you what to buy- you don't get to tell HK what to sell. HK upper management currently looking at this thread saying "hahahhahahahhahahahha lololololololol these peasants think they can actually have opinions on our projects HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

>buh buh buh IMA PAYING CONSUMER

stfu and go back to plebbit
>>
>>34238566
Those barrels aren't even nitrided, I don't know where the meme about the mr556 barrels being nitrided comes from but you need to stop, they are bare unfinished and untreated steel.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.