[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk Eye Pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

What kind of eye protection do you wear while shooting?

I've been wearing cheapo polycarbonate glasses but the refraction they cause fucks with my eyes and makes it difficult to focus on rifle irons. I've got perfect vision so I can't just where regular glasses like all my blind as shit friends. I personally hate wearing eye pro while just shooting paper and shit but I have to if I go to any indoor range. They don't allow any tinting either.

Any brands ya'll recommend? Materials? Tinting, shading, clear? Frames, goggles, riot mask?
>>
I wear ESS crossbow suppressors and have Impact Sports for ear pro.

The crossbow suppressor's frames are thin enough that you don't have the seal of your earpro interuppted by an otherwise wide frame and it's extremely comfortable.

I take it that you hate wearing eyepro because it fucks with your shooting. I was once there, I fucking hated those shitty 3M glasses I got at home depot and fucking hated wearing eyepro at the range. Sometimes I felt like I shouldn't wear them but it's 2017 and there's options.

I would suggest the crossbow suppressors and get cat crap for when it inevitably fogs up. Just make sure what eyepro you have is ANSI rated, your eyes are precious and you should value them enough to spend $30+ on a good set of eyepro that will save your vision if anything were to splash back on you.
>>
I use the same glasses I use when cutting with a chainsaw. ANSI Z.87+ is the rating for that, it has to be stamped on the frame or lenses.

It's not ballistics grade, but it is shatter resistant. A guy who I know brought a pair like the ones that I use into work one day after he had shot them with dove shot from 7 yards. They didn't shatter, you could tell they were cracked, and a piece of shot was stuck in the lenses. Actually pretty cool to see.

As for lens type, If I'm inside, I use yellow tinted lenses. If I'm outside, I use bronzed lenses. I have horrible eyes, and can't be outside (even on a cloudy day) without wearing sunglasses or my eyes feel like they're burning. If you don't need sunglasses, keep to clear or a light bronze lens.

You can buy the same glasses that your LGS will sell you for at an outdoor equipment dealership (Stihl, John Deere, etc.) for about half the price. Sure, they aren't the prettiest things to look at, but who cares?
>>
>>34236337
I forgot to put this in here, but do not wear regular glasses as eye pro. They're not designed to take impacts at all, unless they are specifically stated on the frame / lenses that they are.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.