[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck does one go to shoot guns in Massachusetts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: JUSTDO.jpg (78KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDO.jpg
78KB, 456x320px
I according to my friend live in a liberal echo chamber that is known as Massachusetts. He is from Florida. I have never shot a gun but would really want to. However, it seems like there are no gun ranges around where I live and no one seems to know what to do in order to get licensed for a weapon.

Some have told me "You gotta talk to the police department and state a GOOD reason why you need a gun." That doesn't sound right.

I honestly am not to concerned about owning one. I just want to be able to go to a range, pay a fee and shoot guns. Thats it. Why is that so hard in this state?

Apparently the smith and wesson range around here use to let regular people come in and shoot. Then there was this incident where a guy went to the range for like a whole year, learned to shoot a particular pistol really well, went out and acquired a pistol of the same model and shot and killed a bunch of people he had a grudge with. The range no longer lets non-employees shoot there.

FUCK!

Fuck this state!
>>
>>34234621
A school
>>
File: 1486783320988.jpg (5KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
1486783320988.jpg
5KB, 200x175px
>>34234708
fpbp
>>
>>34234708
I opened the thread just to post this, and someone beat me to it.
>>
>>34234708
Here, take my shekels!
>>
>>34234621
New Hampshire.

Be sure to call first, though, because a lot of ranges have a "no singles" policy for renters. That's because depressed people go in, buy some targets, a box of ammo, rent a gun, go in, load one round, and blow their heads off. Then the Police close down the range for the investigation, their insurance goes through the roof, they have a bitch of a time getting the mess cleaned up, and then they have a stigma attached. So, a lot of ranges don't allow individuals to shoot alone unless they bring their own guns (b/c if they already had a gun, and wanted to kill themselves, they would have just done it at home without driving all the way there and then paying for range time).
>>
File: 833QfLl.jpg (74KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
833QfLl.jpg
74KB, 498x750px
>>34234621
join a gunclub. theres some in billerica, woburn, dracut, cambridge, tewksbery, lawerance. I don't know where you are and whats close to you. Getting a permit is going to a class and going to your local PD and writing "for all lawful purposes" when putting in your application so you don't end up with a restriction on your license. Some towns/cities refuse to issue them and issue the bare minimum to get off without a lawsuit like lowell.

if youre not looking to own or join a club then you will have to either go with someone who is apart of those clubs or go to nh and rent guns at a public range.
>>
NH or VT.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.