[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Donut Steel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Alright /k/, lemme share a half baked story I got with you so that I can learn more about the mechanics of the setting and maybe enjoy some shitposting.

In the far off year of 2001 the world sits on the brink of war. The USSR and USA meander closer and closer to war. One consequence of this is that the space race is still in full swing. The Americans have built a semi-permanent space station on the moon where 5 NASA astronauts conduct research. As this is going on the Soviets launch their own six man mission to the moon to compete with the Americans. The astronauts, being a rather friendly bunch plan to greet their new 'neighbors' amicably and suit up to meet them near where they plan to land and set up their base. Everything is going well until one of the astronauts is sent disturbing news from Earth: a nuclear detonation has occurred in San Fransisco and the USSR is suspected to be responsible. Overcome with rage this astronaut seeks vengeance on whoever he can and ends up attacking one of the soviets, puncturing his suit and killing him. The Americans drag their comrade away while the soviets make a break for it, neither side capable of communicating with each other in space. With one man dead both sides realize that there is no going back. They arm themselves with what ever they can, scalpels, improvised weapons, and survival rifles (Americans: M6 Aircrewman survival rifle, Soviets: TP-82) and prepare to fight to the death.

How does it go down /k/?

Other questions:

What sort of damage could a 40 gauge, .410 bore, .45 colt, 22 Hornet, 22LR, and 5.45 do to the integrity of a space station, using the ISS as a stand in for our moon bases?

What happens when a space station or space suit is ruptured and depressurizes? Is it like the movies? Is it worse?
>>
>>34231574
bumping
>>
Were soviet astronauts really issued a hammer and sickle like in the pic?
>>
>>34233942
I'm pretty sure they got the hammer. The sickle on the other hand...
>>
>>34231574
heyyyyy firearms don't work in-vac
>>
>>34234032
Yes they do. The powder has its own oxidizer. How else do you think they would be able to shoot in oxygen poor environments(under water) or even guarantee a consistent round?
>>
Does anyone have that pic of the astronauts fighting on the moon with G11s and AKs?
>>
>>34231574
When a human body is exposed to vacuum, every molecule of air is ripped out violently and immediately. this results in a lung collapse, preventing them receiving any oxygen. they would lose consciousness around less than half a minute and be dead in a minute or so. even if they were to be put in a pressurized environment, the other crew members would have to deal with the collapsed lung. also if you hold your breath, it'll be even worse.

tldr: unconciouss within 12 seconds, dead in around a minute
>>
>>34236082
If exposed directly to a vacuum, but a punctured suit would retain positive pressure for some time depending on the severity
>>
>>34236082
So your body wouldn't liquefy and be expelled from the suit?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.