[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bug out vs bug in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7613.jpg (112KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7613.jpg
112KB, 960x640px
In what situations would you either bug out, or bug in, and what weapons/ ammo quantity would you use for either of the two
>>
>>34231560
there is almost no reason to bug out unless youre talking about an impending natural disaster, in which case you wont need any weapons other than your ccw

bugging in would be to use your semi auto or durr rifle only until you are able to get your hands on a real assault rifle
>>
>>34231560
>bug in
Every situation in which you are not forced to leave your home.
>bug out
Situations where you are in imminent physical danger by staying in your home.
>>
>>34231606
What about natural disasters that cannot be avoided, such as a hypothetical earthquake, which has destroyed your house, and a large portion of the region in which you live. Would it be better to stay put, and live in or near the wreckage of your home, or to leave entirely?
>>
>>34231636
Also considering dangers such as broken gas lines, downed power lines and desperate hungry civilians.
>>
>>34231560
On top of what everyone else has said, bugging out is actually pretty hard to do unless you're basically already live in the middle of nowhere, trying to get out of city when shit is so bad you absolutely need to get out of the city would a fucking shitshow.
>>
>>34231636
>>34231643
And tsunamis
>>
>>34231636
then you leave, but you would need money, not weapons

>>34231643
all natural disasters are localized, an earthquake that destroys la wouldnt affect dallas or chicago at all. Any kind of natural disaster preparedness involves having insurance on your house/car/etc, enough cash to live off for a few months and skills that you can find a job anywhere in the country.
>>
>>34231560
Best part of living in the rural south, I can bug-in AND go innawoods, all on the same piece of property.
>>34231636
Depends. Are you in a city? Gtfo of there is you are and your house is destroyed.
If you have property, lumber, and other natural resources, you can probably rebuild.
>>
>>34231804
I live in the middle of a city of about 3 million, that literally has 2 fucking highways leaving it (both would realistically be destroyed), and all other paths are blocked by mountains
>>
>>34231852
Are there suburbs? You really need to get out of the zone man.
That's some serious shit to deal with if the SHTF.
>>
>>34231852
if youre that paranoid, why not learn to fly and by a plane
>>
>>34231876
Yes but literally eveything including the suburbs are trapped by a bowl of mountains with only 2 ways out
>>
>>34231852
>>34231917
Jesus Christ, what city is this? - Kim
>>
>>34231917
Do you live in Tahoe or some place similar?
>>
>>34232071
>>34232090
Vancouver area Canada
>>
>>34232130
LOL. Well good luck f.a.m.
>>
>>34231626
SPBP
>>
>bug in
Pretty much what I would do in most situations. Only problem is my house has too many windows
>bug out
Only if house on fire
>>
>>34232130
Also Vancouver here, was just thinking of how the fuck I would get out of here. Might try to make it to my boat near richmond and then leave that way
>>
here's my go/no-go list

>oil shortage, food shortage, utilities outage, etc
bug in, live low profile
>natural disaster
bug out before it happens. Afterwards depends on the damage.
>financial crash
bug in, this would be nearly nationwide so there won't be any better place to bug out to
>civil unrest
depends on the severity, bug in unless it's murder-in-the-streets tier.
>war
bug out

>what weapons/ ammo quantity would you use for either of the two
Mini 14 (lol New York) and 200rd of ammo
same loadout for my fiance

>>34231636
depends how damaged the city is. Does my job still exist in some form? Chance of recovery? If so stay and work for money, if not leave.
>>
>>34232773
>bug out before it happens
Lmao. What are
>tornadoes
>earth quakes
>volacnoes
>locusts
>plagues
Sad
>>
>>34231560

> be me
> live on outskirts of a town with less than 1,000 people in it
> on the edge of a national forest
> in Texas
> no land line
> no cell service
> internet slower than dialup so nobody uses it
> world ends
> I don't even notice for three days until I go to work
> turn right around, head home, enjoy vacation
>>
>>34231560
Bug-in only.

I live on my land and I will die on my land.
>>
>>34232819
"Bug out before if possible", didn't know I had to spell it out for you
>>
>>34232130
>Vancouver area Canada
No one gives a shit about you canuk.
>>
>>34232843
This

Also in a non-natural disaster SHTF Scenario (Civil unrest, power outages, etc.) it is MUCH easier to stay put than to lug food, water, weapons and ammo around
>>
>>34232834

>Be me
>live in pittsburgh
>all dose mountains
>tons of wildlife to include large whitetail deer
>natural springs

I'm actually pretty well set incase shtf
>>
Localized natural disaster bug the fuck out ASAP if possible if not stay out of sight when the youth start getting real hungry.
If not so localized disaster or the dollar finally tanks few will do well unless they were serious preppers before hand for years. We love to make fun of the retards they showcased on "muh doomsday preppers" but those are the people who will survive best... short term anyway.
Just look at how bad it gets after a few days or a couple weeks when there is no food or water available. Hardly anyone keeps more than a few days of food around and more than half of that needs refrigeration.
I'll probably never need the dehydrated foods I have among other preparations I've made for my family but I sleep better at night knowing we won't die of dysentery induced dehydration cause no city water coming from the tap.
>>34234787
>I'm actually pretty well set incase shtf
Are you delusional?
>Be me
>live in pittsburgh
>all dose mountains
>tons of wildlife to include large whitetail deer
>natural springs
Not going to do your research for you but there are several million humans in a 50 mile radius of you and they will be crawling around those mountains eating everything in sight.
We hunted a large part of the eastern third of America dry during the great depression and the population was much smaller.

I know that book "One Second After had some completely retarded story lines but by and large it's about the most accurate read about what happens in a very large scale disaster. If you can't stay out of sight and provide for your family for six months to a year you are fucked. Plain and simple.
Picture World War Z but with out the Zombies.
>>
>>34235464
>We love to make fun of the retards they showcased on "muh doomsday preppers" but those are the people who will survive best... short term anyway.
I should have said
>non retarded doomsday preppers like Normans and families like mine who have put serious thought into long term self sustaining will have the best chance for long term survival.
>>
>>34232071
Nobody cares that you're Kim
>>
File: IMG_7719.jpg (73KB, 996x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7719.jpg
73KB, 996x749px
>>34233520
Rude
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.