[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NFA Machine Gun Amnesty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0774.jpg (843KB, 1146x1312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0774.jpg
843KB, 1146x1312px
A recent audit has popped up that has found what many in the NFA world already suspected, the NFRTR is fucked up beyond all measure. However, note the first line...

“NFRTR inventory: An audit combined with an amnesty… An amnesty would have to be heavily advertised well in advance and run for a sufficient amount of time to allow people to be informed and submit registration documents. I believe it would be more effective in correcting records on firearms held by FFLs due to the better avenues of communication such as open letters, FFL newsletters, and ATF website. I cannot suggest a method that would assure 100% contact with all individual owners or dealers.”
“The same problems have existing since I have been with ATF, there have been numerous supervisor in the NFA Branch and the same problems are there.”
“I have none that anyone would find palatable!”
“I always have to close the inspection without ever knowing if the problems were resolved.”
“I've also had problems getting responses from NFRTR when I need information. Sometimes, I'll call and get someone, and they will respond to my request immediately. However, in recent incidents, I've had to leave voice mails, and even sent e-mails requesting additional information, never to receive responses. I was in the middle of coordinating a possible seizure of an unregistered NFA firearm, and could not obtain information from the NFRTR to assist me.”

Despite the woeful incompetence of the ATF, could /k/ utilize the same magic /pol/ did last year and mount enough pressure to get at least an amnesty to add new guns to the registry? One can dream.
>>
>>34231243
not with the shitty trips we have.
>>
>>34231243
You'd be better off convincing /pol/, every time I've seen some petition or something similar get posted on here not much happens in the way of numbers.
>>
File: kek~02.jpg (16KB, 255x224px) Image search: [Google]
kek~02.jpg
16KB, 255x224px
>>34231243
>endlessly shit on pol every single day
>now you want their help
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 1000x572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 1000x572px
>>34231243
Yes amnesty needs to happen, there ATF records are such shit that they rely on ffl records most of the time.

With amnesty they would be able to rebuild the record, yes many people would also make new machine guns during the amnesty to get around Hughes amendment. But the amount of good would outweigh the bad.
>>
>>34231243
the GOP told me amnesty was a bad thing
>>
>>34231243
If we get an amnesty, I am going to jack off so hard my hands go raw and I bleed.

I want an M16A2 so badly!
>>
Question, during an amnesty what is stopping me from registering anything as a Masheen gun?
>>
File: CyFyMRL.jpg (257KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
CyFyMRL.jpg
257KB, 800x1199px
>>34231914
>>
>>34232473
Wait, where's the bad?
>>
>>34231243
If Amnesties have been a thing, how come there haven't been any since 1968?
>>
>>34232661
Still having the NFA?
>>
>>34231243
i hope you cunts realize that if this happens, it won't be long before some insane cockhead shoots a bunch of people with a full auto, and what follows will be the biggest antigun public outcry the world has ever seen
>>
File: 1485240301675.jpg (89KB, 575x424px) Image search: [Google]
1485240301675.jpg
89KB, 575x424px
Would you think anyone that owns a machine gun now would support this? I don't.

Obviously the point of this amnesty is a sort of de-facto temporary NFA hiatus. The ATF isn't stupid and knows the number of actual presently illegitimate machine guns will be dwarfed by Joe Blow registering all of his guns as machine guns.

We would suffocate them in paper work; if current NFA approval times and ineffectiveness is any indication you'll likely never see you're machine guns come to fruition.

Seriously, it might be worth to fight for a proper NFA rewrite or repeal instead.
>>
>>34231243
so why dont they just get rid of the unconstitutional registry altogether?
>>
>>34231243
When did /k/ become completely retarded? This is pure honeypot data gathering you stupid children.
WTF are so many 12 year olds doing up this early / late anyway, even Ausfags aren't this stupid.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.