[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 14

File: 1471054738149.jpg (57KB, 940x705px) Image search: [Google]
1471054738149.jpg
57KB, 940x705px
>China's military is approaching 'near parity' with the West

>"Western military technological superiority, once taken for granted, is increasingly challenged," Dr. John Chipman, Director-General and Chief Executive of IISS, said in a statement. "We now judge that in some capability areas, particularly in the air domain, China appears to be reaching near-parity with the West."

Cause for concern? I do not like this.

While those idiot libtards cry MUH RUSSIANS, China's the actual, serious threat.

http://www.businessinsider.com/chinas-military-near-parity-west-2017-2
>>
File: get in the bag.png (138KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
get in the bag.png
138KB, 1500x1500px
>>34230684
Oh look the MICR wants more money from us to fight another imaginary threat.
>>
>>34230736
>imaginary threat
Chinese manipulate information, they manipulate currencies, they have tons of spies and the largest group of hackers on the planet. 27% OF ALL ATTACKS come from China, and as much as 47% can be tracked back to China. This is not a fucking joke. This is the calm before the storm. China has the largest standing military (over a MILLION MORE than the USA). For all the "military-industrial-complex" people harp on the USA (and it's warranted) 99% of the public has no idea how big a threat China is becoming.
>>
File: This isn't bait.jpg (24KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
This isn't bait.jpg
24KB, 308x302px
>>34230791
Source those figures nigger :3c
>>INB4 Stormfront
>>
File: 1430709478926.jpg (477KB, 1216x867px) Image search: [Google]
1430709478926.jpg
477KB, 1216x867px
>>34230684
Both the Russians and Chinese are threats, just on different sides of things.

The threat from Russia is that they're largely a declining power and they know it. The danger from Russia is that they're not looking like they're willing to accept this decline quietly. Their neighbors (unsurprisingly) are trying to fall in line with the West, and they've shown on multiple occasions - in Moldova in 1992, in Georgia in 2008, and in the Ukraine in 2014 to the present - that they're more than willing to actively support destabilizing elements and even outright invade neighbors to preserve their influence among their neighbors. Generally, the trend among the Russian strategy seems to be destabilization. They can't compete at all like they did in the Cold War, but they've been fairly successful at destabilizing neighbors and muddying the waters enough to deter Western intervention.

China, on the other hand, is an emerging threat. Their goals are generally to extend their influence to the detriment of the US and other Western-aligned states in the region. To that extent, their threat short term seems to be in two areas - cyber warfare, with a significant amount of cyber attacks coming from China, and denial of American force projection. Though I'm not well versed in cyber warfare enough to talk about that, the threat in conventional warfare is easier to grasp. China's working on reaching a level in the near future at which they can deny the US the ability to operate close to China. In doing so, it gives China more leeway to pursue their strategic goals and weakens US influence in the region. They're not a direct military threat just yet, but rather they threaten to usurp the current status quo.
>>
>>34230824
Congressional reports. Go look it up.
>>
>>34230931
>The threat from Russia is that they're largely a declining power and they know it.
US is the same thing tho.
>>
>conspiratard threads

The only countries that China poses a real threat to are ASEAN states and Russland
>>
>>34230684
Woooooooo!
50 centy party!
>>
>>34231431
>50 centy party!
aren't 50 cent party posters suppose to be positive about china, you fucking baka?

you have a very low IQ. I bet you're some indoctrinated retard.
>>
>>34231140
This. However the Yanks' greatest and most obscene historical advantage is that in their hemisphere of the world, everything is stable and quiet. Canadians are virtualy 100% aligned with their interests and Central & South American countries aren't interested in opposing America's de facto hegemony.

Russia, on the other hand, has an antagonistic Europe on side, a quietly adversarial China on the other, and the geopolitical question marks that are India and Japan making their predicament more dire than anything which might threaten the US.
>>
File: 1456196359566.png (841KB, 578x906px) Image search: [Google]
1456196359566.png
841KB, 578x906px
>>34231140
Debatable, and even if it is so, it's not to the same degree as it is with Russia. Russia went from one of two superpowers with half of Europe backing them up to a withering state faced with economic and demographic disaster following the fall of the Soviet Union. The country fragmented, taking much of their military might with it, and all of those eastern european nations that Russia had literally had to build a wall to keep in so surprisingly jumped to join the West first chance they got. Russia tried hard to keep post-Soviet states from falling under Western influence, but despite their best efforts, the best they've managed is weakening neighboring states through support of breakaway regions.

Though their economy has recovered from the disaster of the '90s, they still lack the economy necessary to keep the kind of military industrial complex a superpower needs going. Worse, foreign customers are less open to buying Russian equipment (particularly aircraft) than they were in the past, meaning Russian defense companies are struggling to get the funding they need to stay on the cutting edge. That, and the great minds that kept Soviet defense industries competitive in the past are now dying off and retiring without adequate replacements.

Right now, Russia's running on the momentum left over from the Cold War. They still have a lot of modern equipment that's perfectly fine for a war in the immediate future, and they have the ability to produce arguably competitive equipment, but only in small numbers. But as time goes on, the old equipment is going to go away either thanks to attrition or obsolescence, and they're not going to have the funds or expertise to get enough next-gen equipment to replace it.

The US has its problems too, but not anywhere close to the scale of what Russia's facing right now.
>>
>businessinsider

Not exactly an expert in this subject.
>>
>>34231468
fiddy deposited
It's mostly just the volume of post bby
>>
File: 1416301566079.jpg (60KB, 471x490px) Image search: [Google]
1416301566079.jpg
60KB, 471x490px
>>34231140
>US is the same thing tho.

The reaction to the US leaving the free gibs accord, I mean Paris accord, says otherwise.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/angela-merkel-s-anti-trump-alliance-crumbling-ahead-of-g-20-a-1151439.html
>>
>>34230684
>China's military is approaching 'near parity' with the West

Maybe if by "the West" you mean Western Europe. The have a long way to go before they can claim any sort of parity with the US.
>>
>>34230684
This is blatantly false.
>>
>>34230931
The reality with China is that they cannot or would want to wage war with the West. China manufactures goods for the West in a level never seen in history before. China is reliant on American and European consumers. If they go then China will have to act to protect the Chinese Communist Party from the people of China and "imperialist forces". China's cyber warfare is the next evolution of attacking the civilian population. It is a defensive tool designed to cripple infrastructure if war breaks out.

The China threat is at best similar to the situation Japan was in before WW2. Powerful country but it can be cornered easily if the raw resources supporting China are cut off. If that happens they will be forced to fight a war that their military isn't ready for and their economy couldn't support due to a lack of any experience running a war economy.
>>
File: 1489931055679.jpg (57KB, 1169x631px) Image search: [Google]
1489931055679.jpg
57KB, 1169x631px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM

don't forget, China is spending BILLIONS of dollars on Hollywood. That's why every movie has some kind of a Chinese connections these days and makes out Chinese in movies to be saviors and good guys.
>>
>>34230791
>Chinese manipulate information, they manipulate currencies, they have tons of spies and the largest group of hackers on the planet.
The Chinese use secrecy and misdirection to conceal the fact that their country's weaknesses, while the US conceals their strengths.

China is certainly catching up to the West, but has so far only shrinking the technology gap by desperately playing catch up and trying to counter our military's tech.

>muh largest standing army
The fucking Pacific ocean is between them and the US, naval and air power is all that matters between China and the US, and the advantage on that front belongs to the US in every regard.
>>
>>34232221
can i get some sources or examples of this? "The Martian" is the only one i can think of but i think that may have been in the book and it makes sense with context.
>>
>>34232221
>>34232311
It's the other way around, Hollywood adds Chinese connection to movies to help them do well in the Chinese market. Chinese-backed films trying to appeal to Western/American audiences are still relatively limited at this point, with last year's "The Great Wall" being one of the more notable examples.
>>
>>34230684
Why bother china?
PACOM alone can fuck whole China
>>
>>34232221
>>34232311
>>34232418
>Not watching the greatest Chinese movie ever made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE0Mgf5MAsA
It's an unlicensed Street Fighterâ„¢ movie. In the distant future, Bison is going on trial, so his henchmen go back in time to kill the judge overseeing the case. Guile, Dhalsim and Vega go back in time after them to defend the judge.

It's a high-school comedy. 10/10
>>
File: 1408557168570.jpg (67KB, 362x403px) Image search: [Google]
1408557168570.jpg
67KB, 362x403px
>>34230684
wake me up when China has 20 aircraft carriers
>>
>>34232311
The martian neglected a very important fact from the book. The reason why the Chinese launch vehicle's true capability was a secret was because it's the sister project of the chinese ICBM project. The movie really was white washed to hell.
>>
>>34232468
>it's the sister project of the chinese ICBM project

I'm fairly certain that was at the very least heavily implied.
>>
>>34232464
wake me up when USA has 20 aircraft carriers
>>
CHINA WORRD SUPELPOWEL 2020
>>
>>34233925
WAKE YOU UP INSIDE
>>
>>34231772
That anon doesn't seem to be saying that China wants war; Rather, that China is developing the ability to create, relatively peacefully, a sphere of influence (the type of which Russia could only develop by force and even then in the rather stunted manner of hybrid warfare) in denying or compromising US power projection, which is largely correct.
>>
>>34234700
To clarify; the USA still has a great deal of clout in the Pacific and China is nowhere near being a dominant regional, let alone global, power, but as China's defensive capacity increases, the casualties they'd be able to inflict in a war with the US also increases - not to the extent to which China could win an all-out war, even on a limited scale or regional scope, but to the extent to which a disengaged US populace or legislature would be likely to force an embarrassing Vietnam-style withdrawal despite military victory
>>
>>34232311
Transformers did this aswell. idk there is probably a china uncensored video that details hollywood sucking chinaman dick
>>
>>34231637
They don't need parity though, only conventionl regional parity. The goal is easier to meet.
>>
p.sure Russia can beat China easily.
>>
>>34234971
see
>>34231530

Russia is no threat to China desu
>>
>>34231593
What I don't get is literally the worst polluters in the world aren't even a part of the deal so how is it relevant? Not to mention no one thought population control in third world countries, India na d China would help fix the problem either
>>
File: 1459724326002.gif (60KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1459724326002.gif
60KB, 480x360px
>>34231140
>Russia is X
>B-ut Country Y is also X
>Please ignore the scale and proportion or it doesnt work tough
Every
fucking
time.
>>
>>34230791
>27 % and 47 %

Makes actually sense, South America, Africa, Middle East and South East Asia are too primitive for cyber warfare, Europe, Japan and South Korea are dominated by US software and equipment (=backdoors) and US alligned members of governments (=traitors) which only leaves Russia and China, it would not surprise me if it was actually 80 % because Vodkas have become shit tier.
>>
I dont know why so much stock is put into China's "rise" when its buildup is paper tiger at its finest. India on the other hand is the one we ought to look out for. They actually have 3 carriers in varying stages of completion, and 3 operational already. China cant even get an old Soviet carrier to work and India has 3 combat ready. China's "rise" is purely propaganda since all they have are 3rd gen Soviet planes and T-72 clones. India has 4+ gen fighters in the works, and many operational already, and its Arjun tank is much more of a fearsome potential adversary than Chinas paper T-72 clone Type 99s. India is also much closer to Russia than China so we shjould be much more weary of India than China really, since unlike China, India is well on its way to being a true global power
>>
>>34232418
who gives a shit? Chinks own Hollywood now and will dictate how Americans perceive them.

That's why all these retards are afraid of Russia when CHinks are the real threat.
>>
>>34231530
>that kot
lmao
>>
File: g2345trf.png (22KB, 1152x232px) Image search: [Google]
g2345trf.png
22KB, 1152x232px
>>34235421
>They actually have 3 carriers in varying stages of completion
>>
>>34235498
Proves my point even more since the Indians are building that ship from the ground up. It took the chinks 30+ years to get that Kuznetsov running, and its barely even there
>>
File: n345.png (58KB, 1035x401px) Image search: [Google]
n345.png
58KB, 1035x401px
>>34235555
>>
>>34231772
>The China threat is at best similar to the situation Japan was in before WW2. Powerful country but it can be cornered easily if the raw resources supporting China are cut off.
Japan is a island country.China is not
>>
>>34235570
I'm talking about the ex-Varyag though, of course with their inclination for copying they could whip up a substandard copy in a fast time, but dont ignore how long it took for them to get the ex-Varyag running
>>
>>34235594
You mean the time it took to decide if they should actually restore it or turn it into another carrier hotel.

I would have turned it into a hotel, let's face it, it was rusting away for 20 years in a Ukrainian shipyard.
>>
>>34235421

>India
>not a paper tiger
>still can't produce a meaningful 4th gen

China is leagues ahead of India. The only reason they are behind in carriers is due to a lack of interest and defensive posture like with Russia.

India cannot produce a MBT. They cannot produce a domestic airframe and their domestic models of other country's airframes are entirely due to buying the tech and tools from them.

The only decent thing they've EVER done was BrahMOS and that's just a super sonic cruise missile.

China has the better domestic tank, plane, ship, rifle, etc etc etc.

China is a generation ahead of India in every theatre aside from carriers and thats purely because India is retarded and thinks it needs them despite no overseas provinces or protectorates.
>>
>>34235151
Only the US, Nicaragua, and Syria aren't party of the Accord.
>>
A lot of the "Merica Stronk" posters here don't realize China can't intimidate the U.S. and isn't trying to.

They wanna fuck over South East Asians and are acquiring the means with which to do so.
>>
File: 1470769351356.jpg (120KB, 378x388px) Image search: [Google]
1470769351356.jpg
120KB, 378x388px
>>34235423
Is that one of the moments where Americans here actively think about the problems of the free market? Actively undermining national interest with your own media seems like a good starting point.
>>
>>34232444
What the fuck did I just watch?

The greatest Street Fighter movie in existence (admittedly not a crowded field)
>>
>>34236154
I know, right? I've seen it 7+ times already and it never gets old.
>>
>>34232444

Hong Kong cinema in the 80s and 90s was great shit

Then the handover happened
>>
>>34234971
unfortunately it's not 1910 anymore, Vladimir. China is (somehow) a more capable military power than you. It's quite tragic really.
>>
>>34236376
They only have manpower.
Even bangladesh have nore manpower than russia, but that doesn't mean that bangladesh can defeat Russia.
>>
>>34236406
I don't mean to sound like a chicom shill here but the average Chinese frontline unit is probably better equipped and trained than Russian at this point, as well as larger numbers. Although it's a case of less terrible rather than actually superior.
>>
>>34236406
>They only have manpower

Whatever you say
>>
>>34236406
Yeah nah you are full of shit. Though nukes say Russia wins any conflict with China.
>>
Imagine it's the cold war days except instead of the threat of nuking each other the US and USSR have a huge symbiotic economic relationship that both nations are scared to death of losing. That's basically where we're at with China now. If things went bad it would fuck China harder than us in the long run though since "made in India" would be the new black.
>>
>>34231126
Kinda silly how you go on a tangent about how much of a threat China is (don't get me wrong I think they're a potential threat) yet when they ask for some sauce you take the bottle and say "look for it somewhere else, faggot."
>>
China will get everything it wants without fighting. Why would they fight the US? They're not the ones pissing thmselves and behaving like rabid dogs at any perceived threat to the petrodollar.
>>
>>34235151
Hannity is that you?
>>
Woah, what plane is that?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.