[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Save this company in 4 steps.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_3128.jpg (27KB, 288x212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3128.jpg
27KB, 288x212px
Save this company in 4 steps.
>>
>Liquidate
>Hire hookers
>???
>Profit
>>
>>34229804
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkPyj_0FCyI
>>
>>34229804
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5QIQeF4EJI
>>
1:Revive the Python and Anaconda
2:Make and sell Vietnam style AR-15's at $1000 MSRP
3: Try to make a Wonder Nine that's actually innovative
4: Revive/modernize the old pocket pistols like the 1903 but make them, like, good. And at Colt.
>>
>>34229946
and re-make the original GI model 1911
>>
>>34229804

Make guns people want
Price them where the competition does
Don't sell them in limited numbers
Have good QC
>>
>wait another 10 years for a government contract
>finally give up and end Colt forever
>>
>>34229804
make guns people are mildly interested and mark them up at 50-100% higher than anyone else selling something similar.

oh wait, you said save not kill, i.e. what colt is doing to itself?
>>
>>34229804
Terminate the production 1911 lines.
Keep the in house parts manufacturing including their slide and frame forge processes.
Bring in legit 1911 gunsmiths to build them by hand to semi custom levels of quality and fit.
Build guns only to order.
End up with a colt branded 1911 lineup that has actual quality.
Offer M1911 and M1911a1 build packages with original colt rollmarks.
Drag Doug Turnbull's ass to Connecticut to do the bluing.

If this was done they wouldn't be able to make 1911s fast enough regardless if they cost 3000 dollars, and in doing so actually offer a product in line with the historical perception of the brand.
As to new designs innovation at Colt is dead, has been for decades, just make what the colt fans want, high quality, good looking and functioning 1911s and maybe later revolvers.
>>
>>34229946
This

and make a competent P938 knockoff
>>
Rick Grimes Colt Python

4 words
>>
>>34229992
that makes too much sense. a multi million dollar /year salaried CEO couldn't possibly do such a thing.
Fuck any one of us on this board could probably tell these fuckers how to fix their problems but apparently they're worlds away from reality so they wouldn't understand any of it
>>
>>34230071
You're obviously a little uneducated about the subject.
They couldn't build a python if they wanted to.
>>
>>34229804
1. reduce price of revolvers and AR's
2. focus production on best selling products cutting production of items that don't sell
3. Once enough funds are accumulated develop a new product that is appealing to the gun community at large
4. ????
>>
>>34230071
rick grimes edition would need the rear sight mounted to the bottom of the grip and the front sight mounted to the bottom of the front of the barrel,
the you could hold it just like rick grimes but you could actually get a sight picture
>>
>>34230145
Just because you can get a sight picture doesn't mean it's the right sight picture
>>
>>34230108
not him but let's do some shit

>find anyone living who can still make good snake guns
>failing that. resurrect the people who could make good snake guns
>make snake guns
>make Rick Grimes Colt Python
>>
>sell semi auto clones of XM16, m16a1
>python and anaconda
>triple action hammer fired aluminum framed 9mm
>rotary barrel action 9mm subcompact.
>>
>>34229804
1. Bankruptcy
>>
First off, Colt Cannot recreate the Python/Anaconda.

So, my four changes,

1. MAKE A FUCKING COLT WONDERNINE

2. The 1911s need a total marketing revamp, they're actually really quality and quite affordable.

3. Make retro ARs, along with a modern, competitively priced series of ARs,

4. Come out with something new and groundbreaking with R&D money and do it right.
>>
>>34229946
The snakes are never coming back, but I agree with the rest.
>>
>>34230214

>2. The 1911s need a total marketing revamp, they're actually really quality and quite affordable.

They need to make doublestacks 1911s (2011s, whatever you want to calle them).

There aren't a lot of companies that offer doublestack 1911s and the companies that do offer them are either lower quality than Colt (RIA) or really expensive (STI).
>>
>>34230214
the only part of this they need to do right away is make original spec retro ARS and 1911s

they should get themselves back into the revolver market with a real winner though.

so the python is not doable, they need to make something affordable that doesn't suck and it needs to come in more than a snub-nose option
>>
>>34229804
>bring this company back in 4 steps
nahh senpai. literally bring back the snakes with super high QC and you'd save the company right there.
>>
>>34230214
They could make the Anaconda and the Trooper mark 3 derived action guns, these were actually much more like smith and wessons in how they were built.
The Anaconda actually used mim parts in the trigger lockwork.

The Python and guns that used that action (first found in the colt police positive I do believe) are beyond their ability anymore of course.
>>
literal block2,retro,etc ready to add accessory at best prices.start making un obvious efforts to make the logo a t shirt icon.start super modular convertible carbine:rifle/bulpup.sell horse cock dildos
>>
>>34230250
I agree with the Double Stack thing.

I just feel Colts marketing and entire sales model is just so awkward.

Their naming scheme on the ARs is weird, as is the naming scheme on the 1911s that people commonly buy from them.

Their website needs a revamp IMO.

>>34230258
The revolver market thing should happen, but I really find it hard to believe they'll unseat Ruger and S&Ws grip on the market.
>>
File: Medusa Revolver.jpg (155KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Medusa Revolver.jpg
155KB, 1080x1080px
>>34230258

>they should get themselves back into the revolver market with a real winner though.

Are the Medusa patents still in effect?

Having a revolver that could fire .357, .38 Special, 9mm, .38 ACP, .38 Super and a bunch of other obscure calibers would be pretty neat.

Having one with an 8 shot cylinder would be pure sex.
>>
>remove shareholders. Preferably literally
>Rebuy all brands and IPs
>Reintroduce every snake
>Roll hard on ar15 market for easy clams to fund r&d
>>
File: Medusa Revolver full size.jpg (154KB, 980x593px) Image search: [Google]
Medusa Revolver full size.jpg
154KB, 980x593px
>>34230311

A .45 Colt, .454 Cassull, .45 ACP version would be pretty neat too.
>>
>>34230333

a lot of those things require lots of fucking money which colt does not have.
>>
>>34230311
the Medusa does sound pretty awesome. be nice if it came with longer barrel lengths than snub-nose

they still sell modern versions of the SAA but at $2000 a pop, they're not gonna be breaking any sales records any time soon
>>
Fire literally everyone behind the Colt 1903 repro fuckup

Fire the people who thought it was a good idea to make every 'Nam era M16 model and not just the two variants that people at large actually care about

Speaking of retros, actually make the A1 and XM-177 in house, if possible.

Hire a marketing team that actually knows what the fuck the civilian market is doing

Find a way to produce the Snake guns that balances cost-cutting with acceptable workmanship.

However, Colt is in the fucking shitter, and they need to spend a lot of money to get themselves out of the hole they've dug, and I don't see that happening.
>>
>>34230358

>the Medusa does sound pretty awesome. be nice if it came with longer barrel lengths than snub-nose

It does.

>>34230345
>>
>>34230305
yeah the Colt website does suck for sure
>>
>>34230346

I think cranking out doublestack 1911s (2011s) wouldn't be too pricey. All they'd need would be new frames and new magazines and it would bring a lot more interest to their 1911 line which is still one of their best sellers.
>>
File: retro_m16a1_02.png (1MB, 1000x583px) Image search: [Google]
retro_m16a1_02.png
1MB, 1000x583px
>>34229804
1. Retro AR's that don't cost an arm and a leg for mediocrity. There are plenty of people willing to pay an extra 100-200 for the roll mark, but they need to keep the prices reasonable. Sell parts too, like complete uppers and lowers.
2. New revolvers that aren't snake guns. Police Positives, New Service and Detective Specials could be easily recreated.
3. Actually market their 1911s as something beyond competition pistols and release perfect 1911 and 1911a1 reproductions.
4. Fail at all of this and declare bankruptcy again because you're funded by Arabs and hired former military with no real business experience to run your company.
>>
>>34230365
> the Colt 1903 repro fuckup
Story?
>>
>>34230365
Pretty much this.

Colt makes quality products, they're just horrible at marketing them.
>>
>>34229804
>Colt has high levels of debt, poor management, and operates in an extremely high-cost environment with a unionized workforce. They can't be saved. Even if their management was the best there was, the other constraints would still drag the company under.
>>
>aluminum frame, hammer fired, triple action pistol in 9mm, 45acp, .40sw, 10mm, 357sig. full sized double stacked and ready for tacticool or race gun
>mateba copy
>semi auto bull pup shotgun that is fed from a tube on top.
>integrally suppressed .300blk AR
>>
>>34230396

>Say they're going to make a new line of Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless.
>They come out with a shitty finish, shitty build quality, plastic all over them and they cost more than a nice original with wood metal and a blued finish would.
>>
>>34229804
They would go a long ways with just having good customer service and actually fixing or replacing the 1911s they screw up.
>>
>>34230400
The LE-901 I feel is a good example of this.
I have one and am very impressed at the accuracy of it and it's given me no trouble even with lighter loaded 7.62 surplus.
But you never hear about them and only one gun store in my area had ever had one, which is of course the one I bought.
>>
Bring back the sneks
A1 clones for under 1k
Department of energy 9mm clone carbines for under 1500
Q U A L I T Y
U
A
L
I
T
Y
>>
>>34230430
>bankruptcy
>move to a southern state
>new non union workforce
>outsource a lot of minor parts to china, vietnam, taiwan, etc
>>
File: 1462945627507.jpg (51KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
1462945627507.jpg
51KB, 600x403px
>>34230145

You rang?
>>
>>34230500
All of this requires investment, which Colt is going to have an awfully hard time securing given their already high level of debt.
>>
>>34230430
so they need to go through bankruptcy so they can fire all the fat union cows
then start over with non-union employees. fuck unions. you don't need a union in order to provide decent pay and benefits. this isnt walmart we're talking about
>>
>>34230346
Its what needs to be done to save them. You could pick and choose what parts to rebuy. Eliminating whos in charge has to happen though. Right now they are being milked, their parent company specifically buys up companies to milk whatever they can from the name before closing them or reselling the husk.
>>
>>34230500
>>bankruptcy
good
>>move to a southern state
good
>>new non union workforce
good
>>outsource a lot of minor parts to china, vietnam, taiwan, etc
kys
>>
>>34230535
>>34230500
They're never going to unseat Ruger/S&W/Remington as the cheap US made guns people.

No point even trying, as they already make good products.

Just make good products that people WANT and market it right.
>>
>>34230526
colt has a good brand. you can find someone that will put the cash up.
>>34230553
i'm talking plastics, wood, etc. not anything critical like frame/receiver, trigger, sear, bolt, slide, or barrel.
>>
File: 1200px-Daewoo_DP51[1].jpg (198KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Daewoo_DP51[1].jpg
198KB, 1200x674px
>>34230561
don't try and unseat someone as the cheap gun.

just need to make changes so you can be a profitable premium gun maker again.

they should make a copy of the Daewoo K5
>>
>>34230595
Lionheart already does and it's pretty awesome.

They need to make a wondernine.
>>
>>34229804
> try to get even a single good us mil contract back from FNH
> actually manage to get a contract
> milk contract for next decade
> alternatively start making all the discontinued shit we want

Theyre fucked tho they got cucked so hard by FNH
>>
they got a 7million contract last month for m4's.
>>
>save colt

Why? They're idiots that tried to be HK, then they went full retard and SUED the people they had government contracts with, resulting in lost contracts.
>>
1. make a better official website (honestly their current one is crap)

2. stop pricing everything like it is made out of gold

3. make versions of their revolvers with a hammer block or transfer bar so that all of the dam holes can be used.

4. never ever make internal locks for any of their guns. no matter what.
>>
>>34230595
>>34230616

>Lionheart already does and it's pretty awesome.

Signing a contract with Lionheart to throw the Colt name on it and market it could actually make a solid profit for both of them.

The LH9 is a neat gun; but with a more widely know brand name on it, it might gain more traction with the normies.
>>
>>34230395
I believe the police positive and new service use a lockup similar to the snake guns. Not sure about the detective specials.
>>
File: lh9c-3.jpg (2MB, 2971x3201px) Image search: [Google]
lh9c-3.jpg
2MB, 2971x3201px
>>34230616
My lionheart was trash.

Never ran right.
>>
>>34230643
And it was crumbrs from the deal FN got. The Belgians have been bending Colt over a barrel and dryfucking them with their fists for years now and it looks like that train ride isn't ending anytime soon.
>>
>>34229804
1. Produce modernized AR18
2. Repeat
3. Repeat
4. Repeat
>>
>rerelease every revolver
>watch Smith and (Bill and Hillary and) Wesson go bankrupt
>Free Space
>Go!
>>
>>34230616

Lionheart isn't really a copy. It IS a Daweoo. Says MADE IN KOREA for a reason.

>>34230733
Damn that sucks. Mine has never had any problems.
>>
>>34229804

Bring back the HBAR a2 style and snake guns.
>>
>>34229804
-Start using their old practices in gunsmithing again
-restart production of old firearms at a reasonable price
>>
I'd suck a fat dick for a modernized Colt Walker in .454 casull
>>
>>34230311
the problem with the medusa is horrible case expansion. They're not worth it, trust me.
>>
>>34229946
>vietnam AR-15

Include the lower receiver reinforcements, brass deflector and include option for railed upper receiver with F marked front sight block.
>>
>>34230311
What about a 7-shot .327 as a little rival to Ruger's revolvers chambered in it?
>>
>>34231075
Do you not get the point of retro ARs or are you pretending to be an idiot for (you)s?
>>
>>34229804
Anon, have you ever seen Old Yeller?
>>
>>34229804
>make more revolvers

That's it, really
>>
Focus more on civilian market and less on military contracts
Make some decent pistols, rifles, and revolvers without any bullshit
Cut out any dead-weight
Buy/merge with Armalite?
>>
>>34229814
FPBP
>>
>>34230553
I think most of the Expanse is already from Mexico.
>>
File: Fallout Ranger Sequoia.jpg (821KB, 1342x752px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout Ranger Sequoia.jpg
821KB, 1342x752px
>>34231040

Colt Walker was designed for black powder.

I know what you want though.....
>>
bring back python
???
profit
>>
>>34229804
1. Make retro/repro styled ar lowers labeled M16/ 601/ m4 etc
2. keep up with production and sell for 100-200 dollaridoos depending on the model
3. ?????
4. profit
>>
>1. Trump forces all allies with a majority white population to drop their existing gun laws
>2.
>3.
>4.

Now they have a larger market to capitalise on!
>>
>>34229804
You guys haven't really been paying attention to colt, or the market.

I would push and market their AR-15s while also trying to innovate new tech into the guns. They are already some of the best AR-15s available. I would do the same with the 1911s, makes really good guns that people already want, but I would market them and focus on shutting up the old fudds who say stupid shit like "you are just paying for the pony on the side". While right afterwards they try and sell you a Stag Arms or Delton abortion.
>>
>>34233199
Also I would push for a gun that could be sold to the CCW crowd a lot more or just push my CCW guns out there a lot more.
>>
>>34233199
>They are already some of the best AR-15s available.
Their ARs are depressingly average.
>>
>>34230498
Why does the doe9mm even exsist?
>>
>>34229804
Bring back snakes.
Make wonder nine.
Make ARs that aren't hilariously overpriced.
Ditch the union workforce.
>>
>Sell it and/or liquidate it.
>Make money
>Spend the rest of my days drinking beer on the porch and fly fishing
>Money goes to my bastard child who enjoys fly fishing
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.