[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such a thing as a useable spotting scope under $100?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: spotting scope.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
spotting scope.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
Is there such a thing as a useable spotting scope under $100? I only need it to work in daylight out to 100 yards.
>>
>>34228984
as long as you dont touch them at all and theres no wind, sure.
someone will be along shortly to say "well i have a so and so brand scope which only cost me $100 and it works fine" but theyre all shitty ime.
>but its only for 100 yards
i get that, but they all wobble and vibrate like crazy, youd be better off spending a more or going with binoculars
>>
>I need a spotting scope for targets within 100 yards
>>
What is the first breakpoint of good entry-level ones, then?

I played with a cheap Leopold, once, was unimpressed.
>>
>>34228984

I paid like $80 for my no-name scope off a milsurp store in Norway a few years back. I wouldn't trust my life to that thing, but for having something at the range it does the job just fine.

http://www.nordiskfritid.no/products/feltteleskop-15-45x60

Webpage is in Norwegian, but basically the price is listed at $83.
>>
I got a barska off Amazon a couple years back for $70, works just fine. Mind you the key is not to use a retarded tripod, they take any generic camera mounts.

Course I've literally never used mine at the range and only use it to spy on my neighbors so grain of salt.
>>
You want any 20x + optic to have ED glass or you'll have to much purple fringing to be usable.
>>
>>34229275
Seen your neighbors doing anything interesting?
>>
>>34228984
what you need is a pair of eyeglasses, dimwit
>>
>>34229058
They're good for instant feedback/seeing group size without waiting for a ceasefire.
>>
>>34229058
Can you see 7mm holes from 100 yards w/o a scope?
>>
Just get a decent pair of binoculars
>>
File: Mr Magoo.jpg (8KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mr Magoo.jpg
8KB, 240x300px
>>34233169

I can't. But then again I gotta wear glasses all the time.

A spotting scope is great for off the bench work and gives an instant reference. I found using my hunting binoculars a bit wobbly and had to put the gun down to get an accurate picture. With the cheap ass scope on a small tripod, all I have to do is lean over and a quick glance is all you need.
>>
>>34228984
My Grandpa gave me a 15-40x Barska spotting scope like in the OP pic. I appreciate the gift, but it's a piece of crap.

Honestly my 1-6x AR scope or a pair of 10x binoculars work better for spotting. Past about 15-20x the optical quality degrades quickly, and by 30+ it's basically only good for looking at large scale terrain. The images looked faded and washed out, edge performance is abysmal, and the little tripod thing it comes with is nearly worthless.

If you want to cheap out get a pair of cheapish 10x42 binoculars and be done. Don't both with spotting scopes for 100 yards, and when you do get one get a good one.
>>
File: noscope.jpg (192KB, 447x1043px) Image search: [Google]
noscope.jpg
192KB, 447x1043px
>>34228984
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.