[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small fixed blades for self-defense...do you carry one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
Small fixed blades for self-defense...do you carry one?
>>
Retarded. For one, carrying any blade for self defense is illegal in most states without a CCW. Second, of you have a CCW, carry a handgun. If you have to knife fight, you're better off running
>>
>>34226172

The kabar TDI is designed to be carried on the weak side if your dominant hand is pinned or wounded thus preventing you from drawing your firearm...retard. It's not carried in place of a gun, it's carried in addition to a gun.
>>
File: 20170611_135132.jpg (602KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
20170611_135132.jpg
602KB, 2304x1296px
>>34225758
yes, one of these

will probably get one of the Joe Watson Shivworks punch daggers once they come out and probably sell my Colonelblades Lowvz.
>>
File: 1496028576411.jpg (35KB, 552x528px) Image search: [Google]
1496028576411.jpg
35KB, 552x528px
>>34226172

>CCW for a knife
>????????

As long as you're not trying to tuck a machete in your pants, you'll be fine.

Typically there are restrictions on blade size, number of edges, or assist features. Those vary state by state.

Nobody is going to give a fuck if you've got a reasonable fixed blade in your waistband, or a folder clipped in your pocket.
>>
>>34225758
>>34226367

> two awkward edgy blades that are completely useless for anything but injuring the operator.
>>
>>34226484
never cut myself yet? if you think these are awkward I wonder how you shoot a gun without hurting yourself.
>>
File: French Fighting Knife.jpg (29KB, 400x165px) Image search: [Google]
French Fighting Knife.jpg
29KB, 400x165px
No, i carry this. If you're going to cause bodily harm to somebody you should just do it properly and severe some bodily parts.
>>
>>34225758
Carrying a fixed blade is a bad idea in my state.
>>
>>34226430
>Nobody is going to give a fuck if you've got a reasonable fixed blade in your waistband
Illegal in NC
>>
>carrying a knife is illegal for burgers
>guns aren't
Why?
>>
>>34226172
There's not a single state that requires a permit to conceal a knife.
>>
>>34226605
it's not illegal, anon is retarded or lives in a completely cucked state
>>
>>34226605
It's not, we just have a lot of cops that like to fuck with people and push "MUH ATHORITAY".
>>
>>34226727
If you conceal a knife, you have to be very cautious about state laws. With a CCW you are fine. Without you can be severely fucked. Even having a knife in the dash board is considered concealed and you can get fucked. In most states, you cannot conceal a fixed blade knife of any length. It must be visible on the body or in the vehicle. Don't trust me? Go commit a stupid infraction with your small fixed blade knife concealed without a CCW and enjoy the massive penalty.
>>
File: kbar.jpg (3MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
kbar.jpg
3MB, 4208x2368px
>>34225758
I carried one until my sweat did picture related to coating, not primarily for self defense but more likely as utility knife, now I'm carrying Spiderco Endura. You don't need any kind of permission for carrying any kind of knife here.
>>
>>34226850
Not always true. In NC, a CCW only applies to firearms. And it's illegal to conceal a fixed blade knife.
>>
File: Robert-Horrigan-013.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Robert-Horrigan-013.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>34226850
>tfw living in texas, can carry fixed blade and soon will be able to carry double edged knives and push daggers
>>
Another word of advice is never state to the police that the blade is used for self defense. Even with a CCW you could get royally fucked
>>
>>34226850
Wow, it's like you felt like repeating my post with different words.

A CCW does not cover a knife in any state, except when an officer or DA wants it to.
>>
File: 1496715889917.png (171KB, 549x413px) Image search: [Google]
1496715889917.png
171KB, 549x413px
>>34226910
>no brass knuckles
>>
>>34226910
When will double-edged be legal?
I got stopped at Houston Hobby once by the cops because the pocket knife I forgot in my backpack happened to have fallen on a grinder at some point and accidentally the reverse side of the blade was sharpened...
>>
>>34225758

I carry one some times. Given I'm originally from the Philippines, where dad taught me Eskrima. He teaches military and law enforcement, so I trust his training methods. I prefer a gun instead.
>>
>>34226172
This is wrong. I can carry a fixed blade, openly or concealed, even in the People's Imperial Republic of Jew York.
>>
>>34227543
Texas Knife Law Reform Bill, HB 1935, is on Gov. Abbott's desk now, call him and tell him you want it. IIRC it's supposed to go into effect in Sept.
>>
Theres easy things you can put together that you can leave in your car that will help u in self defense. Lock in a sock for example. Its not illegal to have either of them sitting around. Also, swiss army doesnt make a knife that locks?
>>
>>34226484

Enjoy your tacticool bullshit. I'll be over here using a normal folder, for normal daily knife uses, that normal people do.

You know, because I don't carry a fist knife, specifically designed for maiming people, and nothing else.

T. Fudd.
>>
>>34228051
I carry an opinel no.8, olive handle, stainless blade. I mean I could probably jam it into somebody's jugular if I really needed to. But it's just for opening shit, cutting little things here and there, snacking. Certainly not for fighting some one, but it's still a metal blade. My handgun is for killing people if the need arises
>>
I want to start carrying one soon to support my guns and I plan on taking Edged Weapons Overview with Shivworks shortly thereafter once I find one that works in my intended carry method. I have a clinchpick, but I don't really like the stubby/thick handle for what I need it to be able to do. Because of my dress requirements at work the sheath will have to have a tuckable strut, but I can make the sheath myself. I intend to carry the knife almost vertical inside my waistband at about 10:00. Since I'll be training with it a trainer has to be available for the knife I choose. I think the Benchmade SOCP would work well, but I've also considered the DMAX Karambit. Anyone have any thoughts?
>>
>>34225758
>self-defense with a knife
>when pretty much any other option is available
>>
File: img_3033-e1430756360320.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
img_3033-e1430756360320.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34228906
Wouldn't bother with the karambit, once you do EWO you'll completely regret owning one. Keep in mind that some of the Shivworks affiliated guys (Craig himself, Cecil Burch) come from FMA backgrounds where they have pretty extensive karambit experience but none of them advocate for it. Karambits are just not very effective knives in practice.

The SOCP has advantages and disadvantages. A lot of guys are down on ring knives cause degloving is a risk, and the knife itself is not really designed to cut at all, only like the first 2" of blade are even sharp.

You may be aware of the Spyderco Reverse? I stole a pic of it off the internet. Should have a flatter and longer handle than a clinch pick and a slightly longer blade. Should work well in the vertical tip down carry format you describe.
>>
>>34226727
>thinking cops make the law
>>
File: punchy.jpg (48KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
punchy.jpg
48KB, 1024x575px
>>
>>34226172
It's not for a "knife fight" like you're in west side story you retard. It's a tool to defend against a gun grab.
>>
>>34229094

Fred Perrin's designs would also be a good place to look.
>>
>>34229094
Hey thanks for the reply. I hadn't really considered another pkal style knife. That Spyderco would probably work pretty well for me if I removed the handle scales, but one of the things I didn't like about the clinchpick was when I tried to stab something either my hand wanted to slip up onto the blade or the back of the spine would bite my knuckle hard. I have the same concern with that handle; that's why the finger ring appeals to me and the unsharpened lower end of the SOCP. I might get one just to try though. Maybe more width behind the blade I could get a more secure grip. I do deadlifts and pull-ups weekly so my grip strength is at least decent. I didn't know Craig had FMA training or much experience with the karambit. Interesting
>>
>>34229810
Actually nevermind, it looks like it would be pretty tough to slip up on that blade with a firm grip. Thanks for the recommendation
>>
>>34229810
If the clinch pick isn't comfortable to stab with then the SOCP isn't gonna be any better, if anything the handle is optimized for gloved use. I have to note that I haven't had any discomfort come from the clinch pick handle in practice.
>>
>>34229867
Have you stabbed anything with a lot of resistance? For me it's either my thumb/web of my hand gets close to being on the edge or my index finger knuckle gets messed up. Same with my off hand honestly, and that's only after 1 good stab
>>
>>34229914
I haven't gone 100%-trying-to-destroy-the-world-with-one-stab against anything really solid like a tree, and my friend has my trainer so it'll have to be a while until I can do it. In my experience, using the amount of force I would use to stab into flesh, it's been a non-issue. May get a little uncomfortable on my index finger after a while but not enough to prevent me from continuing to use the knife. My hand doesn't ride up at all though.
>>
>>34229971
Ok yeah I practiced stabbing a tire with the live blade, so that's probably pretty tough compared to a person. The clichpick still wouldn't work unfortunately because I can't tuck my work shirt over it.
>>
File: IMG_4262.jpg (57KB, 463x729px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4262.jpg
57KB, 463x729px
Why do we have such stupid fucking laws? I carried a Gerber Guardian in Afghanistan and I fuckin loved it.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.