[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

talk me out of getting a su-16c /k/ ;(

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

talk me out of getting a su-16c /k/ ;(
>>
Hold one before you buy. You won't want it anymore.
>>
really though, anyone have any experience with them as far as reliability, durability etc? i'm very interested in picking one up soon
>>
ive heard they don't last more than a few thousand rounds. maybe 3k-5k or something?
>>
>>34224944
No.
It's one of the KelTecs that I fucked around on and it kept up. Get one for 600ish and you're good.
>>
>>34224944
Every dollar you spend on a su16 is money that could be spent on a better rifle. If you keep that in mind and still want it then go ahead.
>>
Ive got around 600 rounds through mine, its a fun little gun. I ended up getting the pistol grip for it, and that makes it a whole lot better to shoot. Though it looks rather stupid with an ar stock.
>>
Do it senpai, 2kg rifle with AR-15 firepower, just don't go smashing it into things, also probably don't shoot the hottest loads around on your basic range trip.
>>
>>34224944
Because it sucs
>>
>>34224944
The price is insane for what it is. Otherwise I kind of like the design and have no other complaints, just consider building an AR from PSA first
>>
File: 1476916136999.jpg (77KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
1476916136999.jpg
77KB, 777x728px
>>34224944
Ig it's just a range toy go ahead and buy it
>>
>>34224944
There's literally no reason for it to exist in the era of $350 AR15's
>>
>>34224944
They are sort of flimsy and generally just not good quality. Barrels are crap too.
>>
I kinda want to pick one up and make an aluminum receiver for it, myself, but I have more important things to spend money on right now, like food and shelter.
>>
I wonder if the bolt has enough space to slow down by spring pressure alone or does it hit the back of the receiver? I mean a plastic receiver can't like getting hit by the bolt every shot, right? Other than that the design is pretty nicely thought out, having the recoil spring brace against the barrel is a good idea since you wouldn't want the receiver to be subject against that kind of stress.
>>
>>34226682
Just attaching some thin sheet steel inserts would probably enough to make it strong enough so that it wont crack. Atleast i wouldn't want to bother replacing the whole receiver.
>>
>>34224944
>LEL KEK

They are fucking garbage. Dont.
>>
>>34224944
It feels inadaquate in the hand. Cheap feeling polymer.
>>
>>34226364
350 ar...lmao prove it.

No build it yourself shit. Just a single off the shelf at for 350. And yes del transfer counts as cost.

So prove your bullshit claim.
>>
>>34227400
Half the fun is making the model and machining it, desu.
>>
>>34224944
SU-16E, PLR-16, and SU-16B look like better options.
>>
File: 47jvwo2.jpg (63KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
47jvwo2.jpg
63KB, 1024x682px
>>34224944
>>
File: su16cfoldedrightside.jpg (90KB, 1024x404px) Image search: [Google]
su16cfoldedrightside.jpg
90KB, 1024x404px
>>34229042
the su-16c is the only one operable while the stock is folded
>>
I have one and I enjoy it. Just shot it again today. Its really lightweight and folds into a decently small package. Obviously it is not meant to be thrown around and beat on skulls, but it has its place. It is a fairly simple design, that comes apart rather easily. I have fed it everything from high dollar brass, to the cheapest steel, and it hasn't rejected anything. The only malfunction I've had with it was today, when it had a light primer strike. My buddy was shooting it and I wasn't there to see what he was doing, so ill take it with a grain of salt. It takes surplus aluminum mags and Pmags just fine. The operation and front sight of the gun remind me of an AK. I mainly shoot AK pattern rifles, so I find this rifle easy to switch to, but also refreshing. I think that it would make an excellent gun to keep in a vehicle or a backpack. It's not meant to replace an AR, but I feel it compliments one well. I paid $400 for mine about 6 months ago. Mine is the "B" variant with the aluminum front sight.
>>
>>34230962
/thread/

problem with polymers and the retarded bolt overtravel issue were never fixed. Usually the receiver cracks irreparably right where the fucking hardware bolt keeps the stock deployed.
>>
>>34231365
So the bolt slams into the back of the receiver with every shot?

If so that's a pretty retarded design, surely they atleast have some kind of buffer to slow it down a bit so it isn't just slamming straight into the plastic?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.