[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amd 65 build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20170609_125833.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170609_125833.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
So /k/ I fucked around and got an amd 65 kit for my first build (pic related). I have access to all the tools needed and a general idea of what I need to do but cant seem to find any decent in-depth information. Could any of y'all point me in the right direction?
>>
>>34222490
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YKbkqgHhVSY

I found this before I found /k/.
I always found that amusing.

Anyways, just follow this, don't egg your holes, and you literally can't fuck it up.
I know a 14 year old who built one on his own (his father was a POS who didn't want to help)
>>
>>34222675
Also, a drilling template for you good sir.
I don't feel like saving it right now (sorting out ICloud BS with some family that would probably rather I not somehow have fun shit filling up theirs phone)

http://i41.tinypic.com/vsfcz4.png

Frankly they'd be pissed if they knew I was surfing /k/ but that's another matter entirely.
>>
Thank you y'all are life savers
>>
>>34222720
Just out of curiosity, please define "I have all the tools"
Are we talking a shop and drill press?
Does that include all the riveting tools or not?
>>
I have a kit minus receiver

What do I need

Any guide videos like for ar build
>>
I have a small work station in my bedroom (i live in an apartment so no garage) with an 8" drill press, will be getting a hydrolic press next week, and know someone that will let me use their spot welder
>>
>>34222778
I won't lie; I made mine on a 100% receiver.
Never welded any of the rails in so I haven't got any advice.

BUT.
A 12 ton press and a drill press are all you need.
Go out and buy yourself a tool steel bolt (tungsten carbide, 4140 HT, something like that) and put a small notch in the one end (the threaded end) so that you can sit an old Allen key in the hole in the arbor plate and then rest the notch on the Allen key.
Place something to keep the Allen key from bending.

Now.
Take the bolt and make a fairly large divot in it (large enough that one of the parts of the rivet you'll be smashing can kinda sorta fit in it)
Congrats.
You now have a riveter.

I used to have pics to illustrate but that device was old.
And dead.
Eventually I'll redo this and just make a guide, but for now you just have this.
>>
>>34222798
Please note the divot in in the the bottom face of the head of the bolt.
>>
>>34222798
I pressed a barrel into a trunnion with a threaded rod setup. It works if you're dirt poor.
>>
>>34223124
Got it.
I couldn't find a Toth tool when I was doing mine.
I honestly wished I could have.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.