[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are the responsibilities of a country's police force

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Jessie is a faggot.png (162KB, 970x397px) Image search: [Google]
Jessie is a faggot.png
162KB, 970x397px
So what are the responsibilities of a country's police force when that country is invaded? Are they treated as civilians or paramilitary? Does it vary from country to country?
>>
File: 1496924961978.png (652KB, 733x507px) Image search: [Google]
1496924961978.png
652KB, 733x507px
Interesting
Bemp
>>
>>34222220
Thank you for the interest. Bumping to survive the night.
>>
File: 1496462863424-k.png (182KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1496462863424-k.png
182KB, 500x371px
Interesting question.
>>
>>34222032
Most are often replaced by officers and are often set at civilian work if it's current wartime. As time moves on, they proceed to move them back to being officers after retraining to new laws.

If it's a looser terms of occupation, they're either going to rebel against the occupation or forced to act the martial laws. Granted, it'd be for an interesting story.
>>
>>34222032
>i'm no military or invasion expert
i suppose it would depend on how disciplined the police force is and how severely the invading force is bending them over. If it's some Somalian-tier country getting fucked over, i'd expect the local police force to fold quickly: If something like USA, i'd expect the police to become paramilitary
>>
>>34222032
In theory they keep law and order and prevent looting and civilian chaos and manages evacuation from combat zones. They are supposed to fold over to new rulers as best they can to maintain the public good. This is best case disciplined local police forces that don't answer to the occupied national gov't. In Fact in preparation for the invasion of britain when town had prepared secret resistance cells The only ones who knew all the members where the cell leader and the town sheriff and as soon as Jerry invaded their town the sheriff job was to be killed by the cell leader as soon as possible. The sheriff's deputies would keep order and the cell would fight back.

Most shithole countries police desert immediately and if they don't they are considered enemy combatants because they usually are servants of the dictator first and the public second. For the invasion of Iraqi police were enemy combatants until a couple months in when the police administrators who remained, I don't remember who surrendered and folded the remaining police over.
>>
>>34223012
edit national police, FBI, marshall, gestapo, border patrol, ATF are considered enemy combatants or similar unless a regional office surrenders
>>
>>34222032
I think usually the invading force would just disarm them, tell them to go home, and keep order with their military. In practice, I think it varies a lot between countries. In a docile Eurocuck country whose people are historically used to being invaded by different countries and just kinda rolling with it and keeping life as usual no matter who's in charge? The police would probably just keep doing their jobs, even if there was uncertainty about what laws were now in effect they'd probably just try to keep the peace in general using their own judgement. However, in an angry and patriotic place like Burgerland, there would probably be huge numbers of them joining militias or resistance movements to fight back. I doubt they'd do it in their capacity as police though, just as citizens.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.