[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can standard earbuds work as impromptu earpro? Would it give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

Can standard earbuds work as impromptu earpro? Would it give good protection against the eeeeeeeee?
>>
>>34221956
No. No.
>>
>>34221956
if stuffing 5.56 cases in your ears works, anything will.
>>
Yeah but only if you turn the music up really loud
>>
>>34221956
Use some pistol brass for earpro. Not great, but works.
>>
>>34221956
better than nothing, not good enough to really prevent hearing damage.
>>
>>34221956
Well, if good earbuds are used with long gun .22LR maybe.

Anything else >>34221970
>>
actually yes earbuds work for outside shit. Not wonderfully. But yes. Yes I have done it. Yes it lowers db's
>>
Better than tissue papers I guess. Best to get ones that block out outside noise.
>>
>>34221976
This, you need something really loud to cancel out the loud gunshots.
>>
>>34221956
Cigarette butts are more better.
>>
File: girl-killed-earbuds-z5bwje.jpg (35KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
girl-killed-earbuds-z5bwje.jpg
35KB, 620x300px
>>34221956
depends what type, the one's in your pic will work fine for most guns.

ones like pic won't work at all.

the difference is how well they seal up the ear canal.

p.s. just buy actual earplugs
>>
>>34224083
This, earplugs are cheap as hell. 50 pairs of the cheap foam ones are like $12-15.
>>
>>34224105
If you go to an outdoor power tool equipment dealership/store, they'll have them even cheaper than that.

Do you guys use reusesable or disposable ear protection?
>>
>>34221956

No fuck no

Doubling up on ear plugs and muffs is top tier
>>
>>34221972
What if I stuff whole bullets. Is that better?
>>
>tinnitus by Dre
>>
no, you WILL get hearing damage
it's better than nothing but still horribly worse than simple foam earplugs
go to the store and get some fucking earplugs
>>
>>34221956
if you want impromptu ear protection, just carry 2 9mm cases in the pocket. Not very comfortable, but better than EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
File: 3044852_rd.jpg (29KB, 408x550px) Image search: [Google]
3044852_rd.jpg
29KB, 408x550px
>>34221956
I've been curious about this. What about over the ear headphones like Dre beats that have that noise canceling feature? Would a range even let you in?
>>
>>34224139
I use 9 mm cartridges as ear pro regularly. They work exceptionally well for me.
>>
>>34224136
thats kinda like a belt and suspenders and i would never trust a man that cant even trust his own pants.

if you need both plugs and muffs then either your muffs suck or your plugs suck.

>>34224443
they'd laugh at you for being a poser with too much money and not enough sense. if you show up with a set of sennheisers, maybe. but not beats toys.
>>
>>34225403
But what's the point if you still have to shoot two bullets to get the casings? You're still damaging your ears, even if a little bit.

I just use the really good earpro they issued me at BCT, mine and 2 other plebs who left theirs on the ground with the case and everything. Lel.
>>
>>34221956
It'll give "some" protection, no doubt.
But it's not a substitute for the real deal. I'd never trust it if I was putting down any real volume of ammunition.
>>
>>34224105
I bought a small box of those foam ear plugs and i put a pair in the little change pocket in every pair of pants i own. One of the best investments ive ever made. i've used them at movies, a nightclub, and a concert, as well as improptu range invites. Apparently the new hip thing at the Regal 3px deluxe cinemas is to just crank up the volume to 11 and push up the bass to heart-flutter levels

i HIGHLY recommend all you anons do the same.
>>
>>34225529
No, i use loaded rounds.
>>
>>34224443
>>34225421
>tfw no beats licensed earpro

https://youtu.be/qYNhB0R-bIQ?t=205

just pull the trigger, and walk away
>>
>>34226356
huh let's see if this works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNhB0R-bIQ&t=205
>>
>>34225421
>if you need both plugs and muffs then either your muffs suck or your plugs suck.
Or you are shooting indoors
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.