[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gulf War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8991.jpg (39KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8991.jpg
39KB, 600x425px
Was Iraq better under Saddam? Veterans feel free to share experiences and stories.
Also Gulf War general.
>>
>>34220423
I would say /pol/ , but lets be honest, /k/ is better for political conversation
>>
>>34220423
It's a shitty situation all around, do you want the potential for either A. Islamist group or B. Iranian influence (even though it would likely be both). DESU i feel for those people, they've put up with so much shit that didn't need to happen then it did and even worse decisions were made. I had an Uber driver from Iraq a few weeks ago, he says that most Iraqis don't really blame Americans or hold them in a bad light, kinda like the Vietnamese.
>>
>>34220423
Iraq would be more stable and ISIS wouldn't not been able to get a strangle hold on Iraq. Might've also prevented or at the very least slowed the domino effect that was Arab Spring.
>>
File: cpgw_150.gif (289KB, 513x700px)
cpgw_150.gif
289KB, 513x700px
gotta love the hilariously thorough dicking the Iraqis got in Desert Storm.
>>
Yes, Sadam was a good leader who would've been a much better alternative to what we have now. All of the Arabian countries outside of a few are meme countries and Sadam created a way for them to have an actual national identity and was secular enough to prevent a lot of autism. Inb4 he gassed kurds so he was had for Iraq as a whole.
>>
>>34223520
Nearly every war the US has been in since ww2 was for some greedy purposes, be it land grabbing, satellite making, or for ending self determination.
>>
>>34223520
>Sadam created a way for them to have an actual national identity and was secular enough to prevent a lot of autism

Saddam had created a rather powerful country by the late 1980s in the Middle East that was not Isr**l, so the US had to dismantle that. In fact, to protect all of its client states in the region from there being a real regional power there
>>
>Middle Eastern country ran by a dictatorship that reflects the native religion and traditions of that country

What's wrong with this again?

>>34223533
>implying it isn't all US moralfaggotry
>>
>>34223520
That beast is pretty cute 2bh
>>
>>34223984
Were not moral faggotry at all we just have systems to fool our population into thinking we are.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.