[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tikka T3 Lite w/ boyds new stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: rifle.png (115KB, 917x448px) Image search: [Google]
rifle.png
115KB, 917x448px
did I fuck up or will I be happy with my purchase?

And sorry for making like three threads today I was scrambling to see if this was the right thing to do or not. I'll post a picture of it when everything is all set up in a week.
>>
Tikkas are good shit. Thats about all I know, can't comment on the stock.
>>
>>34221421
What about them is good? I hear the bolt is smooth, that's about all I know.
>>
>>34220344
Tikkas are fabulous rifles. Incredibly accurate. Boyd's stocks are good too, but be careful not to torque the action screws too hard. They will sink into the wood until they go through to the inside of the receiver and prevent the bolt from turning. You best invest in a good torque wrench.
>>
>>34220344
Can't go wrong with Tikka. How much do you have to spend on a scope? What is your intended purpose for the rifle?
>>
>>34221436
Butter smooth out of the box for sure. Lightweight, accurate, reliable, and available in all your favorite cartridges for a reasonable price. What's not to love?
>>
>>34221444
>good torque wrench
also this
Borka tools is my preference
http://www.shooterstools.com/Pages/ATD/atdkits.html
>>
>>34221446
Probably whatever will get me a good scope, I want something cheap though. Recreational/SHTF, maybe hunting.
>>
>>34221540
Don't be a cheapskate. Get a good scope, and it will last for generations. Get a Swarovski or Meopta. They have good glass without all the bullshit features that you don't need. Tikka is a 1st rate rifle, and it deserves a 1st rate scope.
>>
>>34221436
sub 1 moa out of the box guarantee or you can send it back and get it replaced. also they are built using sako barrels and actions
>>
>>34221540
vortex makes some great scopes for lower prices
>>
>>34221569
I've heard that the scope is the second most important thing after your own skill (in other words the quality of the rifle doesn't matter if the scope is shit). How true is this?
>>34221672
I'll check it out
>>
>>34221843
>How true is this?
very
the scope is how you interact with the gun.
a great gun with a shit scope is like a 2000 dollar gaming computer connected to a 800x600 crt.
a complete waste of potential

id argue that you dont need the absolute best scope just something good enough for your purposes.
>>
>>34221939
For a somewhat newer shooter shooting .308 what scope and yardage do you recommend I shoot at?
>>
>>34222027
Establish a good group at 100 first. Your rifle is well capable of shooting under an inch. As far as scope magnification the higher you go the more you want to spend. Magnification means nothing if you don't have good glass.

Low power variables are better for hunting because you have a larger field of view. Scopes with large objective lenses let in more light.

I like scopes around 4-16x50 for all around shooting.
>>
>>34221569
>Swarovski or Meopta
swarovski maybe, better off with leica, nikon or steiner than whatever meopta even has out
>>34221843
get a Vortex or IOR Valdada. Tract is also good and cheap because they dont do re-sellers.
also czech out Tiborasaurus Rex on youtube
>>
>>34222196
Also get something with that is FFP (first focal plane). That means no matter the power the scope is set at the point of impact won't change. The reticle will shrink and grow.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-gen-2-3-15x44-ffp-riflescope-with-ebr-2c-mrad-reticle
>>
>>34222201
I forgot SWFA. you probably want something from them or vortex as a first scope, also this >>34222216
if you go variable power
>>
Why the Boyd's stock? Also which caliber?
>>
>>34224499
I prefer wood but I couldn't find what I was looking for in the hunter version (stainless barrel, .308, left hand and stainless.)
.308win
>>
>>34220344
You should have bought the heavy barrel version and keep the factory stock.
And only change the stock if the groups were above 1 MOA after trying some loads or factory ammo.
>>
>>34221540
SWFA ss 10x42, best scope you can find up to $1k.
>>
>>34222027
Get a x10 fixed magnification, those scope are easier to build so manufacturers focus on glass quality.
see >>34225757

with 308 caliber you can shoot until 900 yards, after the bullet go subsonic and become unstable.
For 900yards, the x10 magnification will do the trick.
>>
>>34225719
tikka will replace ur rifle for free if it shoots more than 1 moa out of the box
>>
>>34226003
I just checked the tikka's website and you're right, its 1moa guarantee but its tested on sako ammo.
The rifle could be sub MOA with those sako ammo but he could be stuck with these and not having the choice for other brand.

The main benefit of 308 is cheap ammo, what is the point of being stuck with sako ammo wich is not cheap.
>>
>>34225564

Can say that the t3 lite is too light for most calibers if your getting in some decent shooting, especially in poly so maybe the boyd is a good choice if it is heavy enough.

I have a T3 lite in 65x55 in poly and it's more then accurate enough to 800m after bedding.

That said they can be quite temperamental on new stocks, and also on original stocks if you fudd out and add a bipod as both will fuck the harmonics and can lead to long term rage.

It's a good gun for the price regardless. Most miss the fact that post gun it goes:
Ammo
Scope
Bedding
Ammo (h/l)

Things like packs, paper, mat etc on the side.

But I think 65x55 is quite expensive outside of scando.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.