[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CZ P07 Rail Burr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Burr 1.jpg (3MB, 3900x2925px) Image search: [Google]
Burr 1.jpg
3MB, 3900x2925px
Hi All,

I have a new CZ P07 that I have put about 700 rounds through.

I noticed when cleaning it today that a small burr has formed on the left front rail insert. Should I send the gun in? Or try and remove it myself? Or simply shoot it until it goes away?

I'm not exactly sure what protocol is with something like this. Is it something I should worry about?
>>
>>34219603
Just shoot it.
>>
File: Burr 2.jpg (2MB, 2816x3440px) Image search: [Google]
Burr 2.jpg
2MB, 2816x3440px
Here is another view.

>>34219796
It doesn't run the risk of damaging anything else does it? I can see it has obviously removed some of the finish on the slide where they contact, but that shouldn't be a big deal right?
>>
>>34219603
>>34219834
You bought a CZ that wasent heat treated properly and its peening itself to death. It might be just that spot, it might be the whole frame.

If its just that teeny spot it could sort itself out and never have anything happen in its life, it could just end up deforming even more and ruin the rail. If the whole frame is shittily heat treated itll make more burrs, tearing up the slide, causing burrs on the slide, which tear up more of the frame until your gun shreds itself if the whole thing is fucked up with the heat treatment.

Id send it back and get the whole thing replaced. Or better yet, a refund and then buy a gun from a company that isnt rife with this kinda shit.
>>
>>34219603
CZs are trash, what did you expect?
>>
The thing I find odd is that it is only doing it on the one side.

I have sent CZ USA an email, hopefully it gets sorted out.
>>
>>34220072
I have no idea what CZs customer service is like, but like so many other quality related things, CZ just dosent have the quality of care to catch these things. Its really hit or miss, tool marks, bad heat treatment, bad slide fit. This shit keep happening when people buy their guns.
>>
>>34220101
I guess I wish I hadn't of bought into the internet hype machine.
>>
So, am I fucked?

Anyone have any experience with CZ USA's customer service?
>>
>>34220232
I read they are SUPER shitty about responding to emails and calling is your best bet.
>>
>>34220288
fantastic. Guess i'll give it a try monday.

I'm only in the gun 350 bucks, so at least its not all horrible.
>>
>>34220298
Next time get an HK.
>>
>>34220315
I regret not doing so.
>>
>>34220298
350isnt too bad, hopefully you get your money back or a fix.
>>
>>34220354
Unfortunately I bought it used but unfired from my cousin.

I don't think CZ will even warranty it based on their warranty policy.
>>
>>34220334
Take it as a lesson if CZ doesn't fix it. I owned a CZ P01, never again. On the plus side you can find USPs for like 500 used.
>>
>>34220387
What happened to your P01?
>>
>>34220410
He stuck it up his asshole and absorbed it into his bloodstream.
>>
>>34220410
I replaced it with a turkclone due to the better finish on the clone. Eventually ended up selling that too because I was a college student at the time and needed the money for books. Shortly after I was able to buy the USP so that's what I'm sticking with forever. It needed no modification to be perfect for me.
>>
>>34220066
>>34220151

Kind of

Some CZ is nice kit, some is European Ruger.
>>
>>34220540
I had ready several good reviews on the P07 and took a gamble.
>>
>>34220529
I probably should see if they'll fix it, and then flip it.
>>
>>34220315
Fucking hell...
>>
>>34221785
Whats the issue here?
>>
>>34220066
You own two guns you broke ass bitch ahaha
>>
>>34219603
>>34219834
hey man. here is a super solid peice of advice. Spend the 25-30 dollars, and take it to a real gunsmith. He will tell you what is up. Quit fucking asking /k/ for professional advice, you will get retarted answers like some tripfag telling you to just get rid of it.

Question: do you like the gun? if yes, to the gunsmith

If no, fix the blemish and trade it in.

Every single foreign gun maker has absolutely SHIT, shit, shit, customer care. Why? You are half way across the globe, and its a pain to deal with US customs when it comes to gun parts and care. Its costly.

tanfoglio is where you go next time you want a CZ, or anything. Pastaniggers make the best guns. Still shit service, but thats life.
>>
>>34222652
I shot an email to CZ USA to see if there is anything they can do. I don't think its that big of a deal in terms of wear, but what scares me is that its got such a low round count. If CZ won't fix it, I'll shoot the shit out of it until the rail sheers.
>>
After doing a bit more sleuthing, evidently the frame rail inserts are replaceable on these guns, and are cheap. Worse comes to worse I'll just replace the parts myself.
>>
>>34221913
The issue is hk lovers are retarded and apparently love over priced guns with middle of the road quality.
>>
>>34222652
>Every single foreign gun maker has absolutely SHIT, shit, shit, customer care.

They have a US distritbutor, are not a small company, and definitely have procedures for this kind of thing. I think that it might work out for him. possibly.

Every CZ I've been fortunate enough to own has had superb fit & finish. They're certainly on par with other major manufacturers that routinely cost much more
>>
>>34224649
>HK
>middle of the road quality
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
lets see your quality guns anon
>>
>>34224712
You must be 18 to post here no guns.
>>
>>34224724
>muh no guns
>coming from a no guns
That's nice, so are we going to see the guns you have that are better than HKs products?
>>
>>34220298
I had a tritium bulb on my sp01 tactical go out. I emailed them and got a response next day with a shipping label. Got it back in about 5 working days.
>>
>>34219603
What's with this shit that all you faggots, especially cz owners, are all so fucking petrified of their guns ever looking like they've been used

You all argue about who has more experience and who can add more zeroes so their round count but the second there's any proof you freak out

You probably put a finger print on the frame too so you better send it in to get refinished
>>
>>34224965
>>34224965
A burr on the slide rail is a big deal retard. We're saying incorrect heat treatment or bad parts fit can lead to catastrophic failure you shill.
>>
>>34224761
I hope this is what they do for me, but being that I am not the original owner, I am technically out of warranty.
>>
File: Colt_Delta_Elite_right_view.jpg (127KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Colt_Delta_Elite_right_view.jpg
127KB, 800x600px
>>34224731
Ok
>>
>>34220232
>>34220288
they were very responsive and helpful for me
both email and phone
so YMMV
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-11-13-57-36.png (196KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-11-13-57-36.png
196KB, 720x1280px
>>34225479
Google image search is a thing you idiot.
>>
>>34225944
That reply wasn't me. I'm at work. Unlike your faggot ass who lives with his mommy and only dreams of hk.

Hk is gay. Gaaaay. Gay. G. A. Y.
>>
>>34225479
Non rubber grip
Not a ducktail
Screws not aligned

Your taste in other people's guns is lacking, senpai
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.