[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock or M&P?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: glockvmp.jpg (482KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
glockvmp.jpg
482KB, 1280x960px
Glock or M&P?
>>
>>34218854
Glock
>>
Of those two M&P because the Glock can't even fire two shots after being dipped in a little mud
>>
>>34218854
>>34218868

Glock. M&P chokes on tap water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okqt1_GVW5s
>>
>>34218854
SIG
>>
>>34218868
Have you ever seen a Glock torture test?

GUH
>>
>>34218854
Out of these two I'd say Glock but I'd suggest the P320
>>
Whichever feels more comfortable and you shoot better with
>>
>>34218854
Glock by a long shot.
>>34218885
Also, of course the SIG fanboi can't read.
>>
>>34218979
>can't read
both of OP's options were shit, so I recommended a third option that was not shit.
>>
Didn't several LEO agencies adopt the M&P but drop them due to reliability reasons? Are M&Ps even popular nowadays?
>>
>>34218854
>pretty much the same gun
>roughly same quality
>one has a big aftermarket
>the other is cheaper and made in America by an American company
>>
>>34218999
You don't get to bend reality to conform to your odd little brain, snowflake.
>>
>>34218868

I rather have my gun jam from mud, than for it to jam from some water.

Glock all the way.
>>
>>34219075

If U.S. made is so important to you, you can just buy a U.S. made Glock.
>>
>>34218854
Probably the Glock, but that's because I like the grip angle more than the M&P (or USP for that matter). Also, various agencies dropped the M&P. even in 9mm, because they were having reliability issues with it. Texas DPS was one of them.
>>
>>34219143
It's almost like I said made in America by an American company. I made no judgement either way, I just pointed out the secondary benefits I saw to two of the same gun.
>>
>>34219177

So in the end, you didn't need to include the American made part, when you can buy both that are American made. That's the point that was being made, dumbass.
>>
>>34219275
Some people care about everything being in America. Don't try to be a keyboard warrior about something this fucking stupid.
>>
To be honest, this is the first time I've heard anything about reliability issues the M&P
>>
>>34219368
the issues i'm seeing (like the texas DPS getting rid of the guns) are from a couple years ago, not with the 2.0
>>
>>34219396
What issues though?
>>
>>34219426
the article I saw just said that new recruits had a "unacceptable" number of issues and didnt really state what they were, so they were going back to their P226's in .357 sig

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/foghorn/texas-dps-ditches-sw-mp-handguns-reliability-issues-returns-sig-sauer/
>>
>>34218854
Glock.

The trigger is better and mags are cheaper.
>>
>>34219368

Because they don't exist. The M&P has a safety and I like Condition One carry so Glock might as well not exist for me, but I have no animus against the brand.
>>
Beretta 92A1
>>
>>34219462
Wonder what issues they had. Ive shot some really shitty ammo and gone hundreds without cleaning without any issues. Fuck does the trigger suck though.
>>
>>34219743
t h i s
h
i
s
>>
I have like 25 guns now. About 15 pistols, but no Glocks (already have two M&Ps).

I'm looking to get a Glock as a glovebox gun, but I can't decide on a 17 or a 19. Gen 4 or Gen 3? Help.
>>
What's the difference again?
>>
>>34220055

gen 4 glock 19 for slightly slimmer grip that can support beavertails or backstraps + oversized glock magazine release

you could possibly wait for the glock 19M if that thing ever comes out?
>>
>>34220055
G19 gen 4. The grip is better, the mag release is bigger and it comes with 3 mags instead of 2.

I hear the finish is more durable with the gen 3s but the only wear my gen 4 is showing is where some shitty holster I tried out raped it with some exposed screws.
>>
>>34218854
Sig 320.

Or Glock. But only 17 or 19, unless 20.
>>
>>34218868
Do you even shoot bro?
>>
File: BFG G19.jpg (78KB, 1308x886px) Image search: [Google]
BFG G19.jpg
78KB, 1308x886px
>>34220230
>>34220240

Thank you for confirming what I was thinking. I'm looking to get one with a green frame. mitebcool.
>>
>>34220301
Seems kinda expensive for a glovebox gun but go for it, you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>34220308

Compared to a lot of the other stuff I have, it's no big deal. Plus, I'm doing pretty good financially. I buy a gun every month. Sometimes two. Took me a decade of hard work to get where I can just buy shit willy nilly, but I'm thankful for that now.
>>
>>34220328
Go for it then. You'll probably end up getting another to have fun with.
>>
>>34220345

My previous glovebox guns were -
CZ PCR Compact (sold to my dad)
S&W Model 60 .357mag (gave to may dad because he can't deal with autos and he sold the PCR)
CZ-82 9mm Mak (now has reliability issues, 4 malfuctions in 4 mags last I took it out)

I figure a Glock will pretty much always work and I won't cringe putting it in my glovebox like I would with my polished S&W 1006 10mm, Dan Wesson Valor, ect. I can put a Glock in there and not feel bad, but at the same time have the piece of mind to know it'll work when I need it.
>>
Both will get the job done. Honestly just shoot a few dozen rounds through both and buy the one you like.

I personally go for Glock for the aftermarket.
>>
The Glock is better still. The MP has better ergos, sights, trigger, and features like optional safeties but comes with its own problems. The mp9s had some odd barrel inaccuracy problem and the controls are stiffer. So if forced, I would take anything else. It's not like the market is lacking for choice.
>>
>>34219462
NC state troopers did this too. There was an early 357 m&p in 2009 but the frames cracked after 1000 rounds so there was a full recall and discontinuation.
>>
>>34220431

Your reasoning is sound. It's why I choose to conceal a glock 26, I don't care if it gets confiscated but that little thing has grown on me a lot over the years. Though if I were you and I needed a car gun I'd look into a more concealable option that allows for quick access while in the car but not obvious places to check for when some a-hole decides to break into your car.
>>
>>34219462
I love my p239 in 357 sig. Is it true that it's going to be phased out?
>>
>>34220623

I don't have many places to put it because I have a BRZ that I don't really like, and there's not a ton of stash spots in it. I've been looking to get another car, because I've been kinda frowning about my BRZ for three years now.
>>
>>34220702
Gotta ask, but why? I've Been thinking of getting one myself for a daily.
>>
>>34220922

It's doesn't have as much torque or power in general as I would like. I used to have a normally aspirated 350z I built to 400hp/375lbs tq and it was fun despite having no AC.

Not to mention the backseats are just "backseats". Nobody can sit back there if they're older than 10, and the trunk is spacey enough to fit my Colt LE6920, jumper cable stuff, extra blankets, and after all that like three bags of groceries.

I have a guy I know that was my rackmate in boot camp and he works as a salesman now at a Ford dealership. I've been wondering if he can get me a good price on a Ford Focus RS. AWD, 350hp/350tq, and it's a hatchback. I can probably fit lots of groceries in that thing.
>>
>>34220922

I should specify - as a daily, my BRZ has been great. It gets me places reliably and looks kinda cool doing it. I just don't have any delusions that it's as fast as it looks.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.