[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

buying online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: is gun..png (393KB, 954x924px) Image search: [Google]
is gun..png
393KB, 954x924px
I'm at a dilemma /k/

I found these online, they appear to be poly frames for a pistol, no visible serials on them, is the slide considered the functional component or is this some kind of shady frame for sale? i don't want my doggo to get hurt.

also, talk about experiences buying guns online?
>>
>>34212388
It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. For instance, any Glock brand Glock will have the frame as the serialized part. A Sig P320 has the removable trigger mechanism is the serialized part.
>>
>>34212388
Is is a p38T or a Lc-arrrrrrrr
>>
File: hellcats_2-tfb1.jpg (232KB, 900x723px) Image search: [Google]
hellcats_2-tfb1.jpg
232KB, 900x723px
>>34212419
so i can buy the frame but i need to have the insert sent to an FFL?

This is an I.O. .380, i just saw tha frame looked cheap, thanks guis
>>
>>34212499
Not if you own the serialized part already. If you have to permanently alter the serialized part (ie, bubba it with a hack saw) then I believe you have to file some sort of paperwork. Not sure to be honest. Just speculation there.
>>
Royal tiger is a shit outfit. buy from someone else if you can.
>>
>>34212388
It's like my Kel-tec p11, the polymer grip piece is not the actual receiver, there's a metal frame thingy inside with the rails that is technically the receiver. Therefore you can buy the polymer grips and swap them at a whim because the internal chassis is what is actually considered the firearm.
Another popular pistol that uses this exact same system is the Sig p320, that's what allows it to be "modular".
>>
>>34212499
>I.O. Inc

I opened this photo thinking those were Rugers and now I have fucking cancer. Thanks.
>>
File: p320.jpg (111KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
p320.jpg
111KB, 900x600px
>>34212580
To illustrate my point, here's a picture of the p320 disassembled. The metal bit with the trigger is the firearm, so you can buy a shorter slide and grip without a FFL or background check.
>>
File: 1493844405540.jpg (121KB, 607x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493844405540.jpg
121KB, 607x1080px
>>34212555

fuggg i bought some other shit from them already, how bad is it?

>>34212580

Ive been looking at the p239, I like tha DAK model, but its a bit pricey, how do you like the keltek i might need to look into that?

i'm in the market for a backup CC
>>
>>34212668

Royal Tiger is fine. I've bought from them for years.
>>
>>34212668
It's a very light and snappy gun, and the frame texture doesn't do much. It hurts more than it helps, literally, very slippery. Lots of FTF, but I suspect it was because we couldn't hold it tight enough. The DAO trigger doesn't help either, but I'm just not a fan of DAO.
I wouldn't really recommend the p11, but it's one of their oldest designs, my dad had mine since just before I was born. The PF9 is their newer gen 9mm, definitely feels better and shoots better. If you get a hold of any one that works, they're hard to beat at their used price range.
>>
>>34212668
If you get a product that works, then great. Their customer service is utterly shit though if you have an issue with what was sent.

I was involved in the wz48 bullshit, in which their last batch they were selling parts guns as excellent condition. They didn't pick up their phones and wouldn't reply to emails. It was only until people targeted one sales guy and just dumpped an assload of emails on him two weeks later did they respond and sent out refunds, sans shipping...
>>
>>34212388
>i don't want my doggo to get hurt.

I don't get it. Are you planning on giving him a gun frame as a chew toy?
>>
Oh man summer /k/ is bad.
The serialized part and thus what is legally considered the "firearm" is the receiver (the part that receives the magazine). For guns like this hellcat whatever and the sig p320 the receiver is a monolithic chassis that rests inside a polymer grip housing. So no this isn't a gun because it isn't the serialized part which legally has to be transferred to you by an FFL.
>>34212525
If you are referring to 80% complete receivers/frames then no you don't have to file any paperwork unless you live in a cuck state with a firearm registry or some other dumb unconstitutional law.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.