[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k, I know its been asked and debated a thousand times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (99KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 960x720px
Alright /k, I know its been asked and debated a thousand times over already, But I want fresh opinions.
Which rifle is more effective in a combat situation?
>AK47 7.62x39 VS AR15 556

> The situation -
You are surviving after a national catastrophe. Your environment ranges from urban setting, to mildly forested creek area and grass land. You often run into hostile groups of 1-2. Sometimes 5. (Keep in mind, if disaster ever happens, people will be starving, so hostile combatants will be more thin and lanky, so this can affect tumbling and mushrooming.)
The 556 is a great adaptable round. Meant to stay flaying flatter and longer, and also more light weight so one man can carry more ammo, and less recoil. Added bonus of occasional tumbling. However many call this round underpowered and it can easily slide through meat just leaving a 22 sized hole. The military now wants a 762 platform over the 556.

The 762x39 is also a fantastic round, with a heavy hit, and added barrier penetration. The rifles associated with this platform are also nearly indestructible. However, these round are slightly heavier, have slightly more recoil, and sometimes dont mushroom or deform correctly.

Given this varying environment, which is the more effective man stopping round?

I have heard many operators bitch about the 556 and how it can pass right through, but ive also heard others tell horror stories about what theyve seen them do.
>>
Bump for sad op
>>
>>34210805

Whichever one you have and can wield effectively.

A thread fucking died for this bullshit.
>>
>>34210805
I'll give you a bump, but you seem a bit newfaggy. Don't worry, I didn't sage.

Anyhow, 5.56 and 7.62x39 come in different of bullet types and powder loads, and there are different AK 47/AR-15 variants.

Also please use 5.56 with a dot instead of 556, otherwise you sound like you're talking about the gun not the cartridge.

>I'm a phone poster
Not an excuse.
>>
>>34210805
OP your shit's mostly retreaded and it would take way more time than this low effort bait is worth to point out all of your inaccurate assumptions to you especially if you start throwing out "why"s like a 5 yr old with their least favorite uncle

Personally id take the AKM because they tend to take better to being ran dry and washed out with stream water. Also notably better performance against vehicles and against soft targets to if you can somehow find quality ammo. Stash the guns of your victims in various areas so you can have backups of different calibers/forms for various specific uses.

May your attempts at post apocalyptic survival be as sort lived and pointless as this thread.
>>
>you're surviving a national catastrophe...

Ok John Goodman, any assault rifle is fine. I'm not reading your entire fanfic, just buy ammo for what you have/want to buy and spend the rest on the survival manual that you'll actually use.
>>
>>34211410

Ditto
>>
They'll both work perfectly fine, choosing either/or will not give you a greater chance at surviving.
>>
First. What's that picture?

Second why a rifle like these two and not somthing else?
>>
>>34210805
30 caliber is better than 22.
>>
>>34212125
Thats what happens when tou get shot with a broadhead arrow in the ribs, survive, and live to see the healing process of bone.

And why not? Beautiful rifles, easy to find, and not thousands of dollars
>>
>>34210805
it's going to be 5.56. It is the main round of the US military and the overwhelming majority of local police have stockpiles too. practically every gun owner who owns semi-auto rifles at all is going to be in possession of an AR at some point, however brief. There is an absolute glut of AR parts, and AR manufacturers as well. It will likely be one of the first rounds to be made in the new post-apocalyptic society, as well as one of the first guns brought back into production due to the vast array of AR machinery in existence in the US.

You are better off with the AR from a purely logistical standpoint, to say nothing about weight, recoil, and the round itself being very predictable.

I like AKs, but... in a post apocalypse in America it's pretty hard to top the AR. You can run the AK OP, just make sure you have a LOT of extra ammo that you get gud with and extra parts, especially parts that are important...
>>
>>34212382
to be honest i'm surprised it didn't get a terrible infection and die.
>>
>>34212382
I thought it was an elephant with an Rpg in it. Now I get it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.