[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

let's talk about intelligence and terrorism for a moment...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: SADM(cropped).jpg (15KB, 227x269px) Image search: [Google]
SADM(cropped).jpg
15KB, 227x269px
Just how 'strong' or omniscient are intelligence agencies, /k/?

hypothetical scenario:
>terrorists from bumfuckistan got their hands on 4 Russian suitcase nukes and they're trying to smuggle them to TelAviv, London, Moscow and Washington

for the terrorists, just how hard would successfully smuggling and detonating the nukes be?

and for the respective intelligence agencies(CIA and NSA/SVR/MI5 and MI6, Mossad and shin bet) , how hard is it to detect the terrorists, considering the they would try to get in the country by hopping the least protected border areas?

'if' the terrorists were caught, would they be caught in the borders or inside the country?
>>
they don't even have total cooperation within their own agencies, I hope some internet autists don't repeatedly confuse them and leak their secrets, oh wait. Rest assured your intelligence is safe in the hands of fudds who still think they are the best.
>>
>>34209766
It's easy to know the terror when you're the one manufacturing it.
>>
>>34209789
/thread
>>
>>34209766
basically they are fucking retarded. a faggot from /mlp/ posts on 4chin and twitter about some fucked up shit, and ends up doing a shit job of shooting up a mall. Isn't the NSA supposed to watch for this stuff? Isnt that why they read all of our emails?
Most of the time they're just setting up retards to agree to do some terrorist shit in a sting like selling them bomb making materials, then that gets blown way out of proportion by fakenews to justify spying and their budgets.
fuck those guys
>>
File: 1496959751298.png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
1496959751298.png
200KB, 356x256px
>>34209782
>>34210640
So.. that's western intelligence for you

what about the lesser known agencies like the mossad, shinbet or the russian SVR, what do we know about them?
>>
>>34210677
terror attacks happen in jewtown and vodkaistan all the time too.
They just kill the family members of the people who commit the attacks.
which i'm totally in support of.
>>
shameless self bump
>>
>>34209766
/HLS/ fag here. its my major, I grad in 2018.

Basically the intel agencies track the nukes before they are lost. Who has, who lost em, where did that guy go, ect. Suspected locations of the nukes WILL get droned and then inspected, because this is a nightmare scenario and risk/reward is accepted. Remember OPenheimer and what he said about bombing nukes before feeding me (you)s. Simultaneously, the Intel agencies will communicate findings, possibly establishing dedicated liaisons for this case. For those that worry about the deep state, it does exist, it exists in all agencies which hire people not elected by definition. And it will do something good for once, because it exists for situations where an election cycle mindset gets people killed. Deep state folks will run risk assessments, examine possible attack locations. Since you stated the locations, lets presume the deep state guys know the same as what you've said. They already have Attack scenarios prepared, contingencies for each possible scenario, but this is frankly a response and not a prevention. Supposing Ahmed and Habeeb don't get droned, sneak past the DHS, USCG, NIS and ICE and the other alphabet letters, then only flukes could prevent the attack going off.

I cant speak for other countries but all intel agencies share intel. the DHS talks to CIA, and CIA talks internationally. IIRC DHS doesn't speak internationally directly, but through CIA. Let me find my HLS 101 powerpoints.
>>
>>34211107
what if the dirty bombs are manufactured by the terrorists?
>>
>>34211107
i am listening
>>
>>34211158
The name of the game is being one step ahead.

Dirty bombs are complex, you ogtta have a network of niggas wanting to kill people.

Thats harder to pull off than you think.

Ever see that /pol/ A. Waytt Man comic, of an FBI undercover as a nazi talking shit and giving a white boy a baseball bat?

The intel agencies do shit like that, but not often.

Radical terrorists want to get blood drawn NOW, and chomp at the bit to kill, they hate waiting.

Because time sitting around lets them rethink jihad, and some loose nerve.

Even then, you have infiltrators. As more people are involved, the greater chance info will leak out or be spied by big brother but that never stopped anything desu.

But it is possible to pull of that attack, however the complexities make simpler high damage and high publicity attacks more desirable..

Less often than those FBI entrapment, do terrorists actually try dirty bombs or large IEDs. Its easier, quicker, and less likely to be uncovered, to use a truck to pave the street a gory red in a surprise 9 minute attack through rush hour in downtown.

This is the new money maker for ISIS and other terrorists.

Cops cant shoot a driver, who is a 35mph target the size of a grapefruit or a basket depending on angle of fire, you cant stop a 10 ton truck without bollards (Ever see large ugly concrete flowerpots, or yellow dildos in a parking lot?) , you cant react in time to truck attacks.

Now America uses bollards, and high value cities especially.

Cant speak for Tel Aviv, but England is using them as well.

Trouble is that those are usually limited to govt locations, not a shopping mall, because what kind of store owner wants some fugly concrete cocks in front of the storefront??

Countermeasures to truck attacks are
A - Ugly bollards
B - An immovable object to halt and unstoppable force. lol jk Just a dumptruck filled with sand, heavier than the attackers truck.
C - Roadspikes built into the road or thrown by a lucky fucking cop
>>
File: el Operator.jpg (351KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
el Operator.jpg
351KB, 1000x750px
>>34211172
>>34211158
Dont you niggers go and kill people now
>>
>>34211309
Melbourne, Australia is talking about putting remotely raisable bollards through at-risk areas in the city. 'course they wouldn't exactly have much time to raise them
>>
>>34212168
>remotely raisable bollards through at-risk areas in the city.
Sounds plausible but the benifit is aesthetic mostly. They aren't any less strong, but hella more costly.
They might have reasoning I am unaware of.
>>
>>34211309
Ban assault trucks. We have trains for a reason! Nobody needs to haul that much cargo on the road! The risks are too great!
>>
>>34212168
>Melbourne, Australia is talking about putting remotely raisable bollards through at-risk areas in the city.
What "at-risk areas"?
>>
File: 1326767342700.jpg (283KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
1326767342700.jpg
283KB, 800x640px
>>34209766
There is no such thing as suitcase nukes. Never was. Never will be. Smallest they ever came was tactical nuclear artillery. Then they figured out there really was no role for tactical nuclear weaponry in either conventional warfare or a nuclear exchange.

All nuclear warheads are beyond the realistic reach of any terrorist organization. The closest there has ever been to nukes being seized was actually in China by rogue generals.
>>
>>34212320
That is a serious consideration. Zone large trucks out and use limited height overpasses (like how McDonalds has a 8'4" height allowance drivethroughs) as a means of preventing large trucks from entering. This can be done with low hanging stoplights and pedways. However, that is a major cityscape redesign and cocks up buisness logistics.

More than likely, simply legislating access to large trucks and where they are permitted to drive in a city might curb attacks.

Think this - Abu al Muhamhead hijacks a truck because CDLs are being examined for terrorists like Pilots lisense are. Abu crosses the legal limits, 12 minutes from the target. that is 12 minures for him to be spotted and responce ot begin
still a shitty sitituation
>>
>>34212452
>More than likely, simply legislating access to large trucks and where they are permitted to drive in a city might curb attacks.
How about you just have a serious talk to the Judges in this country about what demographics are most likely to commit terrorist attacks, and we fix this problem once and for all?

Seriously. You can plan a terrorist attack and nearly murder someone in this country, and STILL go free, just because you were a good boy who dindu nuffin in Africa when you were little.

We need to keep our alliances with international intelligence agencies, and we need to do a lot of investigative work at home, but the most important thing we need to do is to allow our LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES TO ENFORCE THE FUCKING LAW.

Come on, mate. "Oh, don't mind me AFP, I've just been, uh... Connecting to TOR every time an ISIS media release comes out for the last 9 months because of... completely legitimate reasons. Don't mind me, I'm over the whole terrorism thing." Do you really think that anyone at the AFP, ASIO, ASIS, ASD, NSA, GCHQ, etc looked at that Muslim cunt and ignored him?
>>
>>34212533
Its politicians who control and confine. this is why Deep state people are always butting heads with them.
>>
>>34212533
>we need to do a lot of investigative work at home
>proceeds to mention ToR being a bad thing
I do not like where you're going.
>>
>>34212563
The politicians like that slimy rat Turnbull and Shortkike are simply in it to keep their jobs. They will topple countries, rape women, and throw away their own countrymen if it means keeping that sweet, sweet government pension.

The problem is the Judges. They know what they're doing. They're so radicalized at this point it really wouldn't surprise me if they were on the Chinese payroll. Like that mayor in Ipswich. "Don't mind me AFP, I'm just giving $50,000 to a Chinese contact at an airport! Wait, what is this 'SWIFT' you speak of?"

>>34212578
It's not a bad thing, I'm saying that they know damn well people are connecting to it. The entire point of metadata collection (and I'm not saying police level metadata collection is a good thing, but let's be honest the ASD will collect it anyway) is to get enough data to perform statistical analysis on suspicious people.

I'll put it this way: If a Chinese guy you know meets with a suspicious Asian looking man in Parramatta once, there's probably nothing going on there. If he does it every month, maybe he has connections to drug smugglers. If he does it every week... Well, maybe you should contact ASIO.
>>
>>34212322
Pedestrianised shopping or tourism precincts and the cafe-filled laneways as far as I can tell. Bourke Street Mall and Federation Square are at the top of the list naturally.

>>34212213
Or if the assumption is that they will be up most of the time then I guess the advantage is that they can be lowered to allow food trucks, ambulances and delivery vehicles access.
>>
>>34212446
>There is no such thing as suitcase nukes. Never was. Never will be
>implying /k/ won't make one in their backyard
>>
>>34209766
They are very good at apprehending neets buying airsoft guns from other countries, but they sure as fuck suck at finding extremists
>>
>>34211107
You named one intelligence agency in this post... Get another fucking major...
>>
File: 1490887083760.jpg (40KB, 600x567px) Image search: [Google]
1490887083760.jpg
40KB, 600x567px
>>34212533
>>
>>34209789
>>
>>34214499
oh yeah because the CIA stand at land border checkpoints and the NSA poke around docks, the NGIA will hold a metal detector to your pants and pat you down at airports, and the DIA get to examine all immigrants and interact with them and the immigration process... oh wait....

Nigger, Intel agencies focus almost exclusively on analysis and passing around findings.

In >>34211107 , I am examining what will occur for OP's situation to happen.

Thgat will namely be failure of the IC to find and drone the threats, followed by the failure of DHS and other hands on agencies under DHS to stop the threat at borders or in the street, and the failure of random flukes of good luck like a cop seeing illegal AK47s under a tarp at a red light or some shit.

You see, I think you mistakenly believe CIA are operator, that is wrong.

DHS sits on top of the vast majority of agencies which actually do shit.

So Ahmed will have shimmied past the intel community in order to bypass the DHS and border agencies to deliver the 'suitcase nuke' to the US target city.

Inelegance gathering and analysis does a lot of good when you got time on your side, but once that threat is inside the US, they have many more options to strike than just Washinton DC; and under the slightest pressure Ahmed would surely opt for a early boom rather than risk blowing cover once that deep into their mission.

>Get another fucking major..

How about you think, nigger.

>>34212619
That is true, and makes more sense than what I had first guessed at.

But consider who would pay for it?

If private company, it is less likely they will have stringent security standards, much less adhere to existing policy.
>>
>>34209766
>Russian suitcase nukes

Just because they are Russian does not mean you get to discriminate brah, seriously, it's 2017.

>be crafted with love and care by Ivan Vasilyev Miloradovich
>dream to protect the Motherland
>always shunned and kept in isolation just because Russian, even though Pakistani bombs are all crazy, unstable, and smell like shit
>no Russian bombs found, no Russian research material found

Don't discriminate the good bombs, discriminate the bad.
>>
>>34212533
>tfw read inspire on an unsecured connecction
wonder how many lists im on
>>
I have a question regarding this thread.

We know about the 9/11 attack (inb4 /pol/ rush in and starts screaming DA JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS) TSA, patriot act and other stuff that is to prevent that attack from happening again but what is really keeping it from happening again though?

I mean think about it, a pilot can one day while flying from point A to point B and suddenly mentally change his mind and just fly into another building but ever since then there have not been any attempts or anything regarding flying a plane into a building.

So what's keeping pilots from doing that exactly and I'm including pilots that happens to be arabians or some other middle eastern country or just simply a muslim pilot so seriously why have there not been any attacks with planes when the pilot has full will of doing so once in the air?
>>
>>34215573
psycch evaluations.

seriously, no one cares for a clerk or something, but yeah, it's clear there are A LOT of people with issues in the 21st century
>>
>>34215586
Yeah but that's is only effective as someone that is likely mentally ill or loose hinge that walks into a gun store and fill out the paperwork and get the gun all without raising the suspicious because the guy knows not to show off his bad side.

So a pilot can likely just pretend to be a good boy that didn't do anything and right the moment he gets in that pilot seat and in the air with a giant plane he can just slam dunk some building with the plane.

I'm just guessing and curious.
>>
>>34215611
> just pretend to be a good boy

actually that is probably the reason we dont see terrorists being pilots - too high stress lel
>>
File: 754.jpg (622KB, 1876x2739px) Image search: [Google]
754.jpg
622KB, 1876x2739px
>>34215586
>psycch evaluations.
still can't stop em all
>>
>>34209766

>for the terrorists, just how hard would successfully smuggling and detonating the nukes be?

Depends on the time they have to get there.

Give them a year and a boat and the process, though slow would be easy and one could without any risk of detection plant the nuke anywhere.
>>
>>34215573
Why don't you swerve off the road and hit people

Why do you not shot everyone st the gun range when they are down at the targets

Why don't you poison the buffet line

Because you're a normal fucking person.

>>34215763
Gotta get past the USCG and open sea surveillance.

>>34215611 like I said, crazy people don't think lo term. They loose nerve or nutt too early.
>>
>>34215803

>Gotta get past the USCG and open sea surveillance.
Canada and Mehico is a thing if you remember. Dump it in one of the northen provinces or in Mexico, or just smugle it on a legal ship.
>>
File: 31.jpg (44KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
44KB, 500x333px
>>34215244

>because the CIA stand at land border checkpoints and the NSA poke around docks,

DHS does this, most doxks have truck level X-RAY and scanners ,in addition to super sensitive radiation detection techniques.

you need DOT passes to get into facilities and get background checked. In the event of terror threats via the water, the coast guard has MSRT who can do CT in CBRN environments

https://www.gocoastguard.com/about-the-coast-guard/experience-the-coast-guard/neutralizing-the-threat

>entire scenario to show how coast guard wins

the biggest threat is transportation over land borders (canada and mexico) and a memewall will not protect from that, because obviously tunnels, catapults and drug drones are very successful.
>>
>>34215816
There is at least some issue with moving a nuke thru mex.

The smugglers want business.

nuking USA means USA is gonna go 2004 on your ass.

If from Mexico that means we are gonna fick up Mexico. At the least an imposed martial law in northern regions f mex.

That will fick up a smugglers buissness. They won't want te nukes to move through.

But if they nukes do move thru by smuggler you got dunecoons in a pickup truck with 40 beaners and don't act like the first one of the beans to be picked up will not rat about the bomb to save their own ass.

If the terrorist cell can operate the smuggle all alone then is is large enough to be infiltrated in advance.

>>34215846
Yes. I don't see what you posts contradicting me. What you said there is truth senpai.
>>
File: faemap.jpg (322KB, 960x725px) Image search: [Google]
faemap.jpg
322KB, 960x725px
>>34209766

using advanced facial recognition and city wide surveillance, there is a high probability of detection, the size of the country is a determining factor for internal detection, but the border security is the factor for external detection,

in your scenario

>TelAviv
border security- questionable
surveillance- high* (most Israeli actions are preventative, using Intel to neutralize the threat via assassination prior to operation commencement)
internal security-paranoid status,fail with lone wolf attacks with improvised weapons

result: mossad would infiltrate organization, kill everyone right before they smuggled in the nuke

>London

border security -strong
surveillance- high
internal security - not perfect

result:London might be able to preemptively stop it from happening, but given the degree of success in stopping watch list suspects/known threats, there is a possibility that they might not be able to stop the attack, but they would certainly know who did it right afterwards

>Moscow

border security - strong to some degree (large land mass)
surveillance- high
internal security - specialized task forces for threat detection and direct action

result:likely Chechen extremists as the threat, since most major terror organizations focus more on EU/USA. Though the likelihood of success is questionable, a major deterrent would be the fact that russian retaliatory action would be devastating to whomever did it, so the incentive would not be worth the risk in most scenarios

>Washington

border security - strong to some degree (large land mass) but good detection at key points of international trade
surveillance - high
internal security-

result: large land mass means detection at border most likely, once inside the country, detection would be hard. inside major cities like DC, there are mobile detection technologies for early warning, paired with advanced camera surveillance, the threat would be stopped before initiating attack in a large city.
>>
>>34212452
You don't need a large truck to kill people just kinda tall enough so that they don't get thrown up over the hood. A Jeep is big enough. The point is banning trucks a ridiculous idea. We can't just keep chasing terrorists legislatively to keep whatever tool they are using hard to get. They will end up using a sharpened tooth brush and we will all be living in a prison. Just be happy that the terrorists are not creative in general.
>>
The major thing is how much communication is going on with this group. Shit almost never gets seized because a cop or inspector just stumbles across it, it's usually all to do with who's talking to who, and how they're talking.

So, a Russian nuke in Washington would be easy to detect. There'd have to be a lot of coordination between different cells, as well as people external to the terrorist group, eg. buying a cargo container, organising shipping, all that sort of stuff. Then you've got phonecalls across different timezones at strange hours. Plenty of things out of the ordinary.

Moscow would be easiest. The group has established roots in the same place they're acquiring the nukes as they are using it. You can keep a lot more stuff in house, and easily restrict communications.
>>
File: 1495412554625.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495412554625.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>34211309

>Radical terrorists want to get blood drawn NOW, and chomp at the bit to kill, they hate waiting.

This, I went to a seminar on bioterror, and one of the speakers pointed out that al-quaeda had plans to destroy Americas food supply with viruses, but deemed it too destructive to achieve its goals. DHS did a war-game drill / feasability study to see how long it would take for animal viruses to spread and found an actual scenario would cause billions of dollars in economic damage and soaring food prices. terrorists want to instill fear to get compliance with their goals, not actually piss off people enough to have a full blown war, so CBRN threats usually end up being far more risky unless the objective is to absolutely decimate a population or an economy. The problem is somewhere someone usually makes a mistake and the entire plan falls apart, like the cult that tried to use bioterror to win an election by poisoning salad bars at restaurants. also modern detection and early warning systems can help finding suspected threats.

here is a summary of attacks:

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/terrorism/chembioattacks.html
>>
>>34216161
Large trucks and even uhaul type cars are big ramming machines. Very scary to see one bearing don on you.

Might even be terrorfying. Ehh. Geddit?

It's partly also that large tucks are tougher to damage or counter attack. But it is fundamentally true that smaller large cars can fuck up folks too

>>34216180
props for deep analysis m8
>>
>>34216161
>They will end up using a sharpened tooth brush and we will all be living in a prison
sounds like britain
>>
>>34209766
>4 Russian suitcase nukes
No such thing ever existed. And on your photo is US one.
>>
>>34216295
The only way that the police stop these trucks is to shoot the driver through the windshield. I imagine it would be the same with a SUV.
>>
>>34216663
or shoot the wheels?
>>
>>34216663
You can shoot through the sheet metal too. Large trucks have rather lightweight cabs because payload is vital. Cabs are often aluminum. Any decent rifle would go through typical truck sheet metal laughing all the way.
>>
>>34209766
They had no idea Saigon was falling till the tank rolled through the gate and no idea communism was falling till the protesters tore through the wall.
>>
>>34209766

>Washington

Plz let them take out Seattle. The state would become a 100 times better.
>>
>>34216663

vehicle steel is really nothing special, even a 22 can pass through it with ease. That's why they say if you got to use a vehicle for cover, use the engine block and try to make yourself small as fuck.
>>
>>34210640
>Isn't the NSA supposed to watch for this stuff?
No. The NSA is foreign signals intelligence. Americans might be surveilled by them if contacted by a person of interest, but that would be handed off to the FBI if continued. The FBI would then supply them with bomb making material, like normal.
>>
>>34216183
If sufficiently attacked then not only rules but what is considered by pussies to be moral obligations go out the fucking window and you get free reign to slaughter anyone including tactical nuclear warfare. If Russia and China are safe (and they won't sucide for sand niggers because they have worse problems like Chechens and Uighers) we could erase countries. Fuck the world court, we could kill them too. I'd like to see the full violence of which the US is capable unleashed on Islam. Desert Storm wasn't shit. Nam wasn't shit. Those were not Total War, and Total War is beautiful.
>>
>>34219629
Wrong on Saigon. That took years to collapse under conventional NVA attacks.
>>
>>34209789

Came here to say it.
>>
>>34209766
Depends entirely on the size of the cell, is this 4 guys with 4 destinations? Or a group of hundreds trying to organize this?
>>
File: SturmDoggo.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
SturmDoggo.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>34216663
>shoot thru a windshield
Someone shitpost windshield ballistics tests.

Try blasting a driver in a large truck or lorry, going 60 through a crowd of screaming people, in a narrow chaotic street.

hard but not impossible.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.