[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Utah General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: Utah.png (199KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
Utah.png
199KB, 500x268px
A thread for /k/ goings on in the mountain west.

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=772301

Be sure to update the map with your favorite spots

Have any of you been to the John Moses Browning Firearms Museum? Thinking about making a trip.
>>
>>34208911
Utah should change its state firearm from the fuddy M1911 to the master race Hi-Power
>>
>>34208911
utah is a fucking shithole.
>>
>>34209745
>lose gun laws
>desert
>mountains
>like 90% public land
>john browning was fucking born there
>very conservative
>wacky reilgon, but nice people

Ya that sounds awful and not /k/ at all
>>
I dont think he was born in utah
>>
>>34208911
Where could one stalker here? Me and my buddy have been hyping up doing a stalker type thing, but I dont want to go out of state

-south jordan area
>>
Reeeeeee where is muh public land in Ogden area. I live right by the mouth of the canyon
>>
>>34211874
It feels like you are never more then 30 mins away from public land. I just dont know where to go to safely larp with my buddy and my AR-15
>>
>>34211916
There was a small shooting area up by the U in Layton by the canyon. Some cuck tells people not to shoot there despite the fact you can, but Id like to not get the police called. Either way it's like 15 yards at most so it's no big loss
>>
>>34211916
publiclands.org
>>
Utah fag here, also veteran fag.
I want to get my first gun soon but know absolutely nothing about Utah gun laws or how good or bad they are. A friend of mine wants me to take a concealed carry class with her soon.
>>
>>34211995
Pretty fucking good

Only thing that actually is very suprising is that we dont have constitonal carry, which is odd.
>>
Anyone here live near Heber? A buddy and I are going out to Big Hollow to go shoot some steel that we built a target for. Probably this Wednesday at 3:00 PM.
>>
Funny, I was going to make a Utah thread yesterday but never got around to it. I'm in the Orem/provo area. Currently a nofunz but as soon as I move out I'm buying an SKS and probably a 22
>>
File: 1496540189545.png (175KB, 384x390px) Image search: [Google]
1496540189545.png
175KB, 384x390px
>>34212271
I have gone shooting before and if anyone needs someone to go shooting with, I'll pay for ammo or snacks or something. Please help I'm lonely and bored and don't do anything except work and gym.
>>
Anyone in Sevier county? Everyone seems to be up north.
>>
>>34211865
I'd like to know too
>>
>>34211817
you forgot the shitty drivers
>>34211865
>>34211874
>>34214913
http://publiclands.org/Get-Books-and-Maps.php?plicstate=UT

Why the fuck don't we just have a Utah meet-n-greet? I live in Spanish Fork and would love to chill with some fellow /k/omrades.
>>
>>34215012
>"Latter-Day Nugget Fest"
>>
>>34215012
nutnfancy would probably go and gay the place up
>>
>>34212133
Constitutional carry is about the only thing that kept Utah from being ranked #1 in a "best gun laws" article done by a big gun rag.

Other than being able to carry concealed without a permit, we have just about the best gun laws in the US. At best, there are maybe 2 other states that MIGHT tie Utah for #1 if we had constitutional carry.

Utah has insanely good laws regarding the use of force in self defense, particularly on your own home/property. You can even use force in defense of property (appropriate level of force, given the situation).

False prosecutions can happen, just like anywhere, but they are at a minimum. The State legislature pretty much whipped the local jurisdictions and courts into line back in the mid 90s when we passed the shall-issue law for CCWs.

Around that time Utah was one of the first states with an instant background check system and most other states used Utah as a template for it.

There is TONS of open space for shooting. Unfortunately though, due to douchebags who are unsafe while shooting or who litter at shoot sites, the absolute best shoot sites we used to use throughout the 90s are all closed now. Still lots of places to go, just sometimes now you have to drive a little bit further, depending on where you are.

Hell, in college at BYU I'd shoot every weekend and had an awesome and very safe shooting location less than a 5 minute drive from my dorm on campus. Because of the topography of where I shot the noise was directed away from inhabited areas so there were no noise complaints despite homes being about 200 feet away.

Back then it was even legal to shoot and hunt right inside Provo city limits as long as you were a certain minimum distance from any structure and weren't shooting towards any structure or across a road. There were dozens of places right inside city limits with awesome upland game hunting. It only took a couple of careless assholes to ruin it for everyone and now you can't shoot inside the city.
>>
File: 1468720433121.jpg (41KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
1468720433121.jpg
41KB, 600x398px
>>34215012
I'm down as hell for a /k/ meetup. Like I said, nofunz yet, but I'll contribute money for ammo or snacks, and I have some pretty cool knives. I'm in orem/provo so not very far from fpanish fork.
>>
>>34215012
Sounds good to me, I'm in the Ogden area and can bring a few gats
>>
File: 1454739460245.jpg (10KB, 196x258px) Image search: [Google]
1454739460245.jpg
10KB, 196x258px
I have cool flags for pictures too. Please, I'm so lonely.
>>
>>34208911
If you guys ever have a meet & shoot my Arizonan ass will definitely be there.
>>
File: 1496370842471.jpg (124KB, 704x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496370842471.jpg
124KB, 704x768px
>>34218136
What part of Arizona are you from?
>>
>frontrunner trains will be electrified within ten years
>utah will not only have the best gun laws but also the best mass transit of any noncucked state

and I only had to sell my soul and 10% of my income to the LDS
>>
File: UTFH.gif (84KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
UTFH.gif
84KB, 800x800px
>>34218313
It's totally worth it. I mean, sure the LDS are little, okay a lot crazy, but I live 10 minutes from 3 different waterfalls, all of which are year round and totally beautiful. I live with in 10 minutes of 7 different gunstores that sell real guns, not just hunting rifles and shotguns. My only gripe with the state is that salt lake city is a liberal shithole.
>>
>>34212271
>>34211995
How the fuck do you browse this board and not own a gun already.
>>
>>34208911
>>34218136
My Colorado ass too.
>>
File: IMG_20160420_205115873.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160420_205115873.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
NEVER FORGET BOYS
>>
Anons, I've been thinking a lot about Utah as a possible alternative to where I live.

I love the climate/scenery, know it's gun friendly and mostly white, but my question is with the Mormons/LDS

I don't give a shit about any religion really, not religious myself, but I've met 3 of them in my life, all 3 were from Utah, and they are/were all the most polite, helpful, genuinely nice people I've ever met. Are they all like this? Is the whole state just ate up with friendly nice white people, religion aside?

I like to imagine my biggest problem living in Utah would be constantly having to politely decline offers to go to their church/temple/whatever, and that isn't much of a problem
>>
>>34218313
You could have just gotten in with the Greeks.
>>
>>34218394
Utah is so awesome that I'm very willing to get out of the Army and leave my guaranteed - and fairly decent - paycheck that I'm supporting my family on right now so we can be back there.
Mormons are a little wacky and the liquor laws are kind of weird, but Utah is fucking amazing. Three more months and I'm home, lads.

>>34221052
Out-of-Utah Mormons are a lot nicer than Utah Mormons in my experience. Utah Mormons can be great people, but they also live in a self-perpetuating religious bubble and there are a good number of them that are really fake virtue signallers who feel like it's their duty to run your life.
>>
>>34214378
there's not enough room for both of us.
>>
>>34221052
Depends (Mormon fag here)

For the most part, we act nice and charitable, but sometimes we can be stuck up assholes if you get to know us. However, they seem contained in Utah county, so stick to the salt lake area, and you will be fine.

Overall we raise good kids and go on to be very successful and live good lives. DESU this is the only place in the US where I would be comfortable with my kids in school
>>
File: DA2TdAWXoAAHuND.jpg-large.jpg (8KB, 320x229px) Image search: [Google]
DA2TdAWXoAAHuND.jpg-large.jpg
8KB, 320x229px
There's at least a solid ten of us. Which is enough for a get together. Let's do it. We just need a place and a date.
>>
>>34222348
My mom said not to meet other people from the internet
>>
File: Cq3eQe5WEAAm6HA.png (438KB, 540x782px) Image search: [Google]
Cq3eQe5WEAAm6HA.png
438KB, 540x782px
>>34222468
Well your mom has no idea what she's talking about.
>>
>>34221443
As someone who grew up in california, I truly do appreciate it here. Plus there's tons of cute blond teenage girls. Mormons are wacky but they have good genes
>>
>>34216951
>Unfortunately though, due to douchebags who are unsafe while shooting or who litter at shoot sites, the absolute best shoot sites we used to use throughout the 90s are all closed now.
Don't attack our own. The blame lies with the real estate developers who lobbied with local politicians to make that land more suitable for super high end housing developments.
>>
>>34222334
>this is the only place in the US where I would be comfortable with my kids in school

another reason I'm moving back. They're still gonna have to un-learn a ton of stuff, but the damage is a lot less in Utah. They're pretty good about homeschooling from what I've heard.

Also, given the highly uncertain political and economic future we're increasingly likely to find ourselves in over the next few decades, being in Utah around the Mormons is by far the best place you could possibly be when/if SHTF.
>>
>>34222886
Tbh as a mormon I have seen the church become far more libertarian in the past two years

If SHTF happens the salt lake valley will probably be the safest place to be. Mormons are so tight nit as a community, the church will serve as a governing body until anew one comes along.
>>
>>34222993
Beer would probably remain legal, weed would probably be little more then tabo, and taxes would be volentry, its not like mormons have secret police that send you to to the gulag if you dont pay tithing, litteraly all that happens is... well nothing.
>>
>>34222993
>far more libertarian in the past two years
Yeah, it's got upsides but I'd also argue it's got some downsides. Conservative Mormon values are good to have...and I'm saying that as an ex-Mo. Even though I've been out for quite a while, I can recognize and respect the good that the Mormon moral system has and how it plays into forming strong communities that you literally can not find anywhere else. Mormonism is ultimately strong because the religion and culture are largely one and the same without becoming Islam-tier overbearing. A little libertarianism isn't bad but it can become a corrupting force and weaken what makes the Mormon social dynamic so strong.

>the church will serve as a governing body until a new one comes along

That's a huge part of it, you won't have as much anarchic power struggling and social collapse. You've also got a huge advantage in that most Mormons are preppers, or at least have a food storage set aside, and just about everyone in Utah shoots or hunts. It won't be too difficult to see wards and stakes organizing in a way that allows them to become self-sustaining communal cooperatives.

You won't find that kind of thing, with that many people onboard, anywhere else in the US.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.