[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cross Eye Dominant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: index.jpg (4KB, 462x109px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 462x109px
I'm right handed but left eye dominant.

If I use my right hand and my right eye I have to close my left eye to see anything which has been working for me but I know its frowned upon. I want to be an amazing shooter.

It seems like becoming ambidextrous is almost impossible as progress is like a snail crossing the country. I can't even hold a rifle straight with my left hand.

What to do?
>>
>>34208198
Practice and find what's comfortable for you. This is the second most important thing to shooting next to safety.
>>
>>34208198
Same situation due to an injury. You actually have it easier shooting offhanded, since your favored hand will be tasked with steadying the rifle. Dry fire drills will bring your left index finger up to par.
>>
I'm still a novice myself, so take everythin I say with a grain of salt.

In archery, we're taught to shoot with the dominant eye, regardless of hand dominance. It's apparently easier to retrain your hands than it is your eye. If you want to retrain your eye, you can try wearing an eye patch on your left eye.
>>
File: 1493609378161.jpg (139KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1493609378161.jpg
139KB, 600x404px
>>34208198

I have the same issue anon. From what I understand shooting with both eyes open allows you to take in more of what's going on around you. This is useful for when Charlie is trying to sneak up on you. Closing one eye while plinking seems to be harmless. To get used to using both eyes I find that acquiring the sight picture with my left eye closed and then gradually opening it lets me keep my focus with my right eye. It doesn't feel natural though and I have no doubt that in a stressful situation I would close my left out of habit. I'm interested if any other anons have any tips.
>>
>>34208198
I'm not a great shooter but I squint my left eye to force right eye dominance. Still a curse as far as I'm concerned, a lot of the funs I own shoot hot brass in my face or just are total shit for left hand, for example an an and a ptr, plus I just feel awkward and unbalanced shooting left handed.
>>
File: 1491696222033.jpg (28KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
1491696222033.jpg
28KB, 500x356px
>>34208198
Its the same for me as well. It's awkward, but you get used to it eventually. It makes shooting my AK easier since I can actually reach the charging handle without having to move the gun. Sucks that I can't go buy an AUG without having to pay $300 for a left-side bolt.
>>
>>34208320
Forgot to mention it still gives me some degree of a larger FOB, not as good without squinting though.
>>
>>34208339
Fov fuck
>>
File: IMG_0398.jpg (72KB, 420x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0398.jpg
72KB, 420x298px
Same with my GF she just shoots with both eyes open now and mostly uses red dots an holographic sights
>>
>>34208198
I'm also a righty with left dominant eye. Do you use safety glasses? You can do a lot of good to counter cross-dominance with a pair, from placing a piece of scotch tape over your dominant eye to blur the weapon, forcing you to use your non-dominant eye. If they have replaceable lenses put a darker lens over your dominant eye for the same effect as the scotch tape trick. Red dot sights work wonderfully if you don't want to wear glasses. Scopes are a bitch.
>>
>>34208198
just close the left eye and aim with the right, and then open the left again.

FFS. I did this for 9 years int he army dozens and dozens of ranges. 2 deployments where I had to shoot at people. all I had was a M16A2 and iron sights.

I never get those people I saw at the ranges, taping over their left eye because they can't hold it closed and focus with their right.
>>
>>34208307
The trick is to Forest Whittaker your face and halfway close which ever eye is not on the sight. You'll regain focus and still have enough vision to see a bit the other direction.
>>
File: tape trick.jpg (24KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
tape trick.jpg
24KB, 300x254px
>>34208358
Here's how you can use the tape, works just fine.
>>
>>34208198
buy Scout Rifle type guns, and mount red dots
>>
Had same problem. Never an issue when shooting .22, then I shot a .3006 and the scope split my eyelid open cause u was shooting across my body. It's a bitch. Just practice op..
>>
use a red dot, problem solved
>>
Begin jerking off with your left hand until you start calling it "Brittney." Left hand problem solved. Learn to shoot with left hand. Honestly not that hard. Buy a Colt or vaquero. Become a cowboy. Build shrine to Bob Munden. Start calling left hand Bob. Now you have new problems.
>>
File: 1442055938336.png (103KB, 1008x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1442055938336.png
103KB, 1008x1356px
test
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.