[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>put modern optics and stock on dime a dozen mosin or mauser,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

>put modern optics and stock on dime a dozen mosin or mauser, one of 6 gorillion mass produced cheap milsurp shit
>/k/ erupts in orgy of autistic screeching about muh historical value

>sporterize a classic fighter plane, one of very few remaining in flyable condition
>nobody gives a single fuck
>>
>>34207937
>>
The difference here being that race planes are also badass, and aren't really the equivalent of cletus slapping on some cheapo airsoft rails on a mauser
>>
>>34207937
because autistic sperglords could never afford a classic warbird, but a classic straight pull Swiss rifle? sure, I could buy one, if those faggots at the gun show didn't have a "no touchy! REE!" sign on them and think I'm going to pay $1200 plus for one.
>>
File: 0817.jpg (42KB, 800x490px) Image search: [Google]
0817.jpg
42KB, 800x490px
>>34207949
>>
Yea, but they actually get looked after.
>>
>>34207949
>>34207937
It's shitty that they used one of the last aircrafts for that, but at least it's cool and probably better than before.
Also better than let it rot in some shitty museum or whatever.
>>
>>34207972
>>
>>34207937
Most race warbirds have been in some degree of modification since they were sold off after the war and they weren't considered rare, and have been modified enough that returning them to standard configuration would be almost impossible.

What is a real shame is the fucking retards that perform aerobatics with warbirds at airshows and manage to crash them into the ground due to shit workmanship in restoration and maintenance, or simply pilot incompetence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhbcxqKPXR4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag5ut3tP3ZM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_A4xdGFXoE
>>
The thing about flyable historic aircraft is that they're pretty much all replicas at this point. They may carry the serial number and a few parts from an original plane, but 95% of them is new.

I'd rather see authentic configurations than race planes, but I'm not that bothered because converting a race plane back into a "historic" one will result in something that's no less original than a supposedly original plane.
>>
Okay, doing this sucks too. There - satisfied now, OP?
>>
I got triggered when I saw that modified P-38 racing plane with the Red Bull logo on it, until I saw pictures of what it looked like before. It was a scrap pile that no one but a big corporation with a thing for cool airplanes could have likely afforded to put back together. So as far as I care they can modify it and put whatever logo on it they want. It probably would never fly again otherwise. I imagine the same is true of a lot of these racing planes. I could be wrong but I doubt they're out there butchering museum pieces. Also I think a lot of them were bought surplus and have been constantly modified as racing planes ever since.
>>
>>34207972
>that cannopy
wait
don't tell me it's what i think it is
>>
>>34208436
The logo is just paint or vinyl anyway, so it's easily removable. As you say, most of them were bought surplus and haven't been in their original forms since WWII as well.
>>
>>34208517
rebuild form a wreck you spurg
>>
>>34208573
Is engine orignal then? or is it just salvaged wings and cannopy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.