[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunting With A Semi-Auto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

I'm trying to clean out my safe and I'm considering selling my bolt gun. I have an AR-10 and want to hunt with that. It's legal to do so in Colorado, given you comply with a retarded <10 round mag restriction. Clearly, a lot of fudds are hunters, but I'm wondering how much bullshit I can plan to deal with if I do use the AR. Will Parks & Wildlife people give me flack? Any experience hunting with a modern rifle out there?
>>
>>34207766
Just hunt is with a bolt action rifle. It's not like you need follow up shots.
>>
>>34207839
Uh, sorry no. I didn't say that I NEEDED more firepower while hunting. I said that I WANT to hunt with a semi-auto, am American and have the right to do so, and you should kill yourself.
>>
>>34207766
If the gas gun is light enough that you're not going to whine the whole time and you're accurate enough with it, I say go for it.

If anyone gives you shit, ask them why the fuck they climbed up your deer stand or to please be quiet and stop following you around while your trying to stalk.
>>
>>34207766
just do it. if it's legal and you hit what you're aiming for then there's no problem. old fudds giving you shit are not worth replying to anyways.
>>
>>34207839
>fuddery right out the gate
Oh Lord, it doesn't look good.
>>
>>34207881
>>34208096
No, he's right. If you need a follow up shot when hunting you don't deserve to hunt.
>>
>>34208123
I don't think his semiauto choice is about followup shots while hunting..
Go for it OP. Bonus points if its got a shorter barrel and a loudener, make it as obnoxious as possible.
>>
>>34207881
what a fucking faggot fucking choke on a cock
>>
>>34208308
niggers like you are the reason the why people are afraid of firearm owners
>>
File: savage_msr10_hunter_4.png (333KB, 1000x372px) Image search: [Google]
savage_msr10_hunter_4.png
333KB, 1000x372px
>>34208123
Assuming Savage doesn't drop the ball, I will be popping the ever-loving shit out of porkers with one of these.

And every time I take a second hog on the run I'll think of your giant erroneous post with fond memories, anon.
>>
>>34207766
I do. AR15 for sitka deer and an AR10 for everything else up to and including moose. People think you need a magnum belted cartridge to kill anything biffer than a man, I say fuck 'em, they don't know what they're talking about.

Haters gonna hate.
>>
>>34208363
We get it, anon. You're an Alaskan. You don't have to rub it in.
>>
>>34207839
>>34208123
Jesus Christ do you mongoloids fucking read? He's not using an AR for "follow up shots".
>>
If you're going to hunt with a ten round semi auto, make it a Garand or something with the same action (Ruger Mini, M14/M1A) so it sill looks like a harmless durr rifle and doesn't have shit hanging off it every which way.
>>
>>34208730
I use an SKS for deer. No need for sights in western Oregon. Never got any shit for it due to wood. Fudds are dumb.
>>
>>34207839
>>34208123
>>34208730
Fuck that bullshit.

>>34207766
Just use the AR10. Retards were saying the same shit about bolt-action rifles in the 19th century. Eventually, everyone will come around. The quicker we use modern rifles, the quicker people will accept it.
>>
Slightly different question: why the fuck can no one seem to make a 7lbs AR-10? I get the buffer spring and BCG need to be bigger, but why does every rifle start at 8lbs unloaded despite having a barrel +4" shorter than most lightweight hunting rifles?
>>
>>34208715
Then why? To be a special snowflake? Purposefully antagonize people?
>>
>>34208340
Go shoot off your own balls with your "sporting shotgun" you fucking fudd nigger.
>>
>>34209253
Because he likes his gun and wants to hunt with it you commie faggots
>>
>>34209253
Not OP, but i, dead serious, like the ergonomics of an AR better than most bolt guns.
>>
>>34208123
Implying that when hunting animals bigger then deer, no one ever needs follow,up,shots.
>>
>>34210326
Case in point
https://youtu.be/mwF02n-015s
>>
>>34209253
>having a gun is antagonizing
Ugh, gun grabber detected.
>>
>>34210350
not gonna lie, that was a pretty amusing video.
>>
>>34207766
>Colorado

You been to Liberty Firearms Institute yet?
>>
>>34208814
Richard?
>>
>>34209253
If it irritates stupid faggots like you then I'm all for it.
>>
My two cents

I have only gone "hunting" a few times, and I can regretfully say that having a semi-auto is glorious in making sure your prey is dropped.

I have gone hunting several times recently but only in the past two days have I seen success. I have made shots prior to this but they missed and due to how long it takes to reload I was unable to get off a followup shot.

>be two days ago
>trackin my prey
>fucker comes out of nowhere and runs infront of me
>take a shot and graze his back
>takes off and hide
>find hiding spot and shoot him in the head
>had to do it twice because not dying fast enough

>be today
>herp derpin around getting things closed up
>saw this fucker just hanging out and shot him
>again in the rump so he takes off, slowed down enough that second shot got him in the head
>second fucker corner of my eye took same route as one from yesterday
>set some traps and predicted when it tries to flee will jump into wall and fly into glue
>stomped around and it took off as predicted
>shot in back and it tumbled into trap.
>two kills one day

Tldr rats in walls my life is living hell. Exterminator has ranked up 0 kills, I have done two by trap and three by shot. Just heard two more fuckers. Fuckin uncle did house"work" and fucked up the barier leaving hole they can get in through. They refuse all traps and are magic smart. Now its thunderhouse.

Old BlackBerry gun needs 7 pumps to kill one shot. Wish it took less because damn its annoying
>>
>>34207766

No reason not to, but no real reason to hunt with one either.
>>
>>34210350
>case in point
Oh, like after purposefully taking a bad shot? He even admitted as much. His buddy there had to put him down. Rinella can be fun to watch and listen to, but he is a bit of an idiot sometimes.
>>
>>34214075
you sound like an expert fucking marksman.
>>
>>34213220
And to what end? Purposefully piss off enough "stupid faggots" and you get California.
>>
>>34213112
>You been to Liberty Firearms Institute yet?
Holy God, no I didn't even know it existed, but I'm going today.
>>
>>34208412
Fuck that, rub it in! You did the necessary to live in a tough environment and kill delicious animals.

Post AR 15 kills to piss off fudds.

>>34208715
>Jesus Christ do you mongoloids fucking read? He's not using an AR for "follow up shots".

Of course not, that's what the custom bullet trap rifle grenades are for. (Yes, a bullet trap works with 5.56 and I've made them. If you want to, buy a rifle launched grapnel off Ebay, dissect it then turn a trap from 4140 or stainless and the body from billet. Take your time, start heavy and thick.

Copy rifle grenade adapters from WWII for the body and you have a legal, inert dummy rifle grenade you can fit with a real grenade or a dummy. Expensive but machinistfags will enjoy this. I will not supply prints because you can seriously hurt yourself if you are incompetent.

Our version tossed a cylindrical weight/shape match to a typical smoke or WP can-style grenade over ninety meters. It resembled a German potato masher.
>>
>>34214075
>Tldr rats in walls my life is living hell.

They were mine. Not anyfuckingmore. I use peanut butter and rat bait placed where they run and outdoors, lots of it. They go out to eat and get water. Ensure they've no water access in the building.

Rats can gnaw through fucking conveyor belting! I used a strip for threshold seal on my shop. When I found the hole I baited the entrance. Bait nibbled, no more rats.

Get bucket of chinese bait off Ebay.

You are welcome.
>>
>>34207766
Who cares? It's legal, do what you want. IDK why these guys are sperging out. I've seen people hunt with ARs
>>
The first rifle I carried deer hunting was my grandpa's 742. I also killed my biggest deer with it. I pulled the first shot and hit way too low. Having an instant follow up saved my ass.

Don't listen to fudds or anyone talking about muh bolt action or any of that shit. Bolt actions are great if that's your preference but use what's adequate and comfy for you. People are followers and they normally carry what no one will laugh at them for while they sit around eating and lying to each other. Fuck em.
>>
>>34208852
POF revolution familia
>>
>>34209253
Why am I not allowed to likey AR and want to hunt with it? What autistic gun fag ritual am I missing?
>>
>>34215248
>7.3lbs
>>
>>34207839
>>34208123

>itt: fudd cucks that have never hunted hog on foot
>>
File: IMG_20170228_150807_1.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170228_150807_1.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>34207766
The responses to this thread are as autistic as when I posted my AK with Magpul furniture in an /akg/
>>
>>34215264
>Caring around .3lbs
>>
>>34215130
Uh, no. California is the result of bending the knee to those stupid faggots. Stop catering to the enemy, that's how we lose rights.
>>
>>34215071
He shot the moose twice in two different locations using 30-06. This whole one shot always does the trick is bullshit
>>
>>34215335
Wait what? Please explain.
>>
>>34215472
Explain how using an AR10 makes gun laws more strict.
>>
File: 1374723244547.gif (125KB, 480x455px) Image search: [Google]
1374723244547.gif
125KB, 480x455px
>>34209253
Holy shit people like you are the fucking worst.
You sit there waiting in the grass with your fudd-action 22lr and 12ga pretending to like guns, then stab everyone in the back that doesn't conform to your narrow view.
>>
I dont know y u couldnt hunt with a full auto ak. It would def make u a better marksman to just point and go for it. Anybody can lie down and take 10 min to line up a good single shot with a rifle
>>
Related topic, anyone hunted with a Vepr in 54r or .308 before?
>>
>>34215188

Ill check that out. So far they will not eat anything they think might be bait
>peanut butter
>jam
>hazelnut butter
>nuts in general
>food on the floor
>food on the counter

They finally decided that anything in guinea pig cage is safe. Killed two by taking her upstairs to another cage and replacing the water with antifreeze

Last night after making the post saw one skreeee from the corner and took a shot. It ran right into a glue trap and bled out.
>>
>>34215248
Impressive. Hopefully more follow in their footsteps.
>>
>>34215449
Yeah, in the brisket and god knows where else (assuming he even connected with #2).
Or he could have just shot it once in the lungs/heart like his guide did.

You put a .30-06 where it is supposed to go and you won't have this issue.
>>
>>34207839
>It's not like you need follow up shots.

You sound exactly like my faglord cousin. Sit down and shut up, please.

OP there's no reason to not try it with a semi-auto. I don't know why everyone thinks such hunters will magdump their prey. Who the fuck is suppressing their kill first?

When my aunt has problems with wild animals on her hobby farm, I answer the call with my AR15. Intruders are typically coyotes and feral cats or possums.

TBF, though, if she ever tells me she has a cougar problem I am bringing my AK.
>>
File: IMG_0440.jpg (54KB, 650x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0440.jpg
54KB, 650x237px
I've been hunting with an AR10 in California for about three years now. It's fine when I'm hunting private land for pigs and coyotes, but I'm sick of the weight when I pack it out for deer. I've got The Fix by Q ordered that I'll be using for my new deer rifle. Sub 7 pounds is going to be a lot nicer carrying than 13.
>>
>>34217626
>I don't know why everyone thinks such hunters will magdump their prey
You've clearly never been out hunting opening morning in Amish country.
>>
>>34217626
Magdumping actual "prey" aka, I'm going to eat it and/or turn it into a trophy is different from magdumping pests.
>>
>OP make a legit question for once
>childish shitstorm with people calling names

A MAGICAL PLACE
>>
>>34208357
Good on you anon. Ive been a few places looking for them and every shop has had the same consensus.

"We can't keep them on the shelves, and haven't had any complaints. People really really like them."
>>
>>34215615
Anon you replied to the wrong post...
>>
>>34208357
Nice anon. I've been shopping around for one but they're sold out everywhere I've looked. The places I've stopped by have all said the same thing.

"We cant keep them in stock, people just buy em up like nobodies business. Havent heard anything bad back either, people just really really like them."
>>
I hunt hogs in Georgia with a Garand. 400 pound hogs stop instantly to .30-06
>>
>>34208357
Same here. Have you seen any in stock anywhere? Every place I've gone today they can't keep them in stock because people love them too much.
>>
>>34219963
>>34220473
>>34220569

Ignore all of these. Was phone posting and had to retype/resubmit because it wasn't showing them as having posted.
>>
>>34220595
I've *heard* the 5.56 guns are out. Neither hide nor hair on the 7.62/6.5 guns.
>>
>>34221159
Two of the places I stopped at said they had gotten a very small handful in .308 (think something like 5 or 6 combined), but they sold quick.

The way it was explained to me was that they're still so fresh that the big name companies had bought entire production runs while mom and pop shops were getting what was leftover of the stock. I don't know how true/accurate that is, but it's what I was told.
>>
File: 1493092695645.png (75KB, 473x516px) Image search: [Google]
1493092695645.png
75KB, 473x516px
I want to see the "nobody who needs followup shots should hunt" fudds post one hundred rounds shot consecutively in the size of a quarter from 100 yards.

Because if you always get a quick kill shot to the heart on anything you hunt, with 100% accuracy and 100% of the time, that should be trivial.
>>
>>34215094
No, those people are just born retarded.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.