[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Perks of working at a gunshop..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (39KB, 345x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 345x311px
Apparently one of the perks of working at a gunshop is the owner abusing the rewards programs from firearms manufacturers thats designed to benefit the salespeople so that he can get free guns to resale. FML.

Pic not related.
>>
>>34207019
This pretty much how the entire economy works
>>
>>34207019
Yeah, that's every workplace ever. You don't succeed by being fair.
>>
>>34207019
Welcome to the real world
Let me show you its features
by telling you a little tale
>Sales people at my job suddenly got lazy
>Said they needed incentive to sell more
>Big boss got sick of their greedy shit and fired them all
>Sales didn't go down much at all due to parts subscriptions and other automatic order entry
>New sales dudes are awesome go getters
>>
>>34207019
>pic
Hm, what kind of velocity would a 5.56 saboted into a 7.62x25 get?
>>
>>34207019
You need to read both your employment contract and the terms for any promotion that a manufacturer puts out. If there is no provision in your contract that he gets possession of any items earned while working for him and the manufacturer's promotion states that you are to receive the item you actually have recourses you can follow. Such recourses are (least severe to most):
>Notifying you boss that he is in violation of the law and you would like your duly earned property
>Reporting the property stolen
>Should the property be over $600, file a 1099-MISC to the owner (make sure to note in the memo field for stolen property).

Just make sure you have another job lined up when you do any of these. Because the moment you hold your employer's feet to the fire, he will look for any "legitimate" reason to fire you.
>>
>>34207103
I have seen 2000+ FPS reported out of sabot x25 rounds. I have also heard of extremely poor accruacy too.
>>
>>34207019
To better understand this rewards program, what is it that earns either you or the owner a free gun?
Detail your perks as sales, and owners perks as owner.
Shed some light on the "abusing the rewards programs"
Is said owner claiming your sales are his own?
>>
>>34207019
I remember you. Never figured it out I'm guessing?
>>
You sell certain firearms by different companies and generally you get a certain amount of points per sale which you can redeem for products like free guns. These are supposed to be submitted with info on who the sales person is, or proof of a NICS check number. He is submitting them as if he was the salesman of everysale and redeeming the items to then resale. A lot of the programs say that this is for benefit of employees and not to be resold.
>>
>>34207189
20 Questions?
Is this store in the United States?
>>
Yes we are in the US, No i haven't posted before.
>>
>>34207267
Are you west or east of the Mississippi?
>>
>>34207267
Tell us which store so we can avoid this piece of shit behavior. Seriously, I will pay significantly more to get the same product from a place that doesn't treat their people like shit.
>>
East of the Mississippi, I dont wanna name a place because, remaining employed for now.
>>
>>34207166
How long ago was the last one? Just a few months wasn't it?
>>
>>34207341
Yeah, maybe 2-4 months. You tried talking to the ATF and the guy said he couldn't do anything.
>>
It sounds like i missed something, Can someone fill me in on "The last time" because i dont know what you're talking about and I do not know how to directly reply to a comment.
>>
The only two companies that have these incentive programs currently that I know of is Remington and Ruger. Just tell them both that your boss is a dick.

Those places should actually be able to determine this sort of abuse of the program anyway though. I want to say that there should also be a stipulation to the limit or who actually qualifies for the program, but I've never read the fine print myself.
>>
Springfield points not working out?

That's ok, at least dudes at your place aren't changing names in the invoices to steal fucking points.
>>
>>34207306
>>34207320
What's wrong with a little /k/ game?
>>
>>34207382
Here's the lowdown as much as I can recall
>Anon works at a gun shop
>Anon hears about promo going on
>Make x sales get free gun
>Anon makes x sales
>Anon has the free gun sent to his work
>Anon's employer sells gun without anon's permission
>Anon is pissed
>Anon complains to ATF
>ATF tells Anon the fuck off, they can't do shit
>Anon bitches on /k/
>/k/ recommends some shit ranging from sensible to crazy to will get you jail time (the normal set of recommendations)
>>
>>34207427
/k/ tells people to shoot unarmed protesters so any advice here is not going to help
>>
>>34207427
>ATF can't charge someone for a stolen firearm when there's a paper trail and fresh 4473
Sounds like a bullshit story to me.
>>
>That's ok, at least dudes at your place aren't changing names in the invoices to steal fucking points.

Except its the owner stealing everyones points from multiple stores to get free guns so he doesnt have to buy them to resell.

I wouldnt mind it if this was a program by the distributor for stocking dealers where you buy so many for resell and you get free guns, but this is supposed to be for employees. Oh well, guess what companies product i am not gonna push the rest of the time the incentive program is on.
>>
>>34207485
Didn't claim validity of the story. Just reciting it for an Anon who requested.

As with 90% of all the stories on the internet, I suspect their are key details being left out. As with that Anon and OP, my guess is that their employment contract has something along the lines of any rewards or points earned when working are property of the company (which is fairly common in employment contracts).
>>
>>34207454

What because your going to contribute anything helpful to this thread you fucking mong.

Show us your AK
>>
>>34207111
as long as you dont have any write ups or bad performance reviews, you're lookig at a juicy wrongful termination suit.
win-win.
>>
>>34207019
Tough shit for you. Start your own business and reap the rewards of employing destitute NEETs.

>former destitute NEET that worked in a gun shop and got fucked over by the owner, who was also a relative.
>>
>>34207525
You would be surprised what employer's can fake. Wrongful termination suits are an uphill battle no matter the circumstances.
>>
>>34207427

quit spoonfeeding the redditors dude
>>
>>34207019
So contact the firearm manufacturer and let them know, dumbass.

NOT the ATF
NOT 4chan.
>>
>>34207454
>Your honor, he had two arms
had
>>
>>34207545
No.
>>
File: IMG_0857.jpg (26KB, 199x136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0857.jpg
26KB, 199x136px
You are now aware SIG pays gun store employees to tell people their guns aren't shit.
>>
>>34207103
http://www.reedsammo.com/.22-reed-express.html

You never really have to wonder. About anything you can think of has been done by a wildcatter 20 years or more ago.
>>
>>34207019
we had a cool owner. he passed all the rewards down to us. some of the salesman seriously made out.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.