[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here >constantly asked if they were in the military >been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: The pistolchan chronicles.png (363KB, 838x791px) Image search: [Google]
The pistolchan chronicles.png
363KB, 838x791px
Who here
>constantly asked if they were in the military
>been assumed to be a vet by vets
What the fuck is the deal with you people? First semester in college I had some 26+ year old army reservist, presumably in school to become an officer or some shit, come up to me, just based on looks, and started asked
>where/when did you serve?
etc. I've never been in a uniform in my life, not even fucking marching band or a pride parade. Why do I give off this vibe? What the vibe of mil. vets that gives so many false positives? What's the fuck deal? Why are military dudes so autistic? What, to vets, gives off the signs that someone else might be a vet?
>>
>haha lol guyuise I am just buff, have short hair, and I have steely eyes and am cool under pressure
>tch, comes naturel... nothin personnel kid heh heh
>oh yeah I am always the guy in the room with a gun too XD

Kill you'reself
>>
You're probably and anti-social sperg with anger-management issues. The military is full of those, literally splitting at the seams. Its just that most of them go on to become tactical youtubers rather than college.
>>
>>34204178
I'm not buff, I had long shitty hair, and I just loo either pissed or annoyed most of the time. The only reason I can think of is that I look older than I am in a lot of ways.
>>
>>34204186
That would make sense tbqh
>>
>>34204162
It's probably because you wear any combination of the following:
>an american flag baseball cap
>oakley sunglasses
>punisher shirt
>5.11 pants
>an alice ruck

>I just look either pissed or annoyed most of the time
>t. im angry at the world even though the worst thing i've ever experienced was when mum overcooked my tendies

Sage for not being weapons related
>>
>>34204162
could be the way you dress

it also helps if you're an angsty loner with resting bitch face.
>>
>>34204208
>an american flag baseball cap
>oakley sunglasses
>punisher shirt
>5.11 pants
>an alice ruck
Nope, it might be the hunting/hiking boots though. Even when I'm wearing thongs, sunglasses, a t-shirt, and board shorts I'd get the same shit.
>t. im angry at the world even though the worst thing i've ever experienced was when mum overcooked my tendies
Nah mang, I'm not going to turn this into a blog but just because someone hasn't gotten shot at or his dick blown off doesn't mean they've never had horrible things happen in their life. It just sounds like you're rationalizing your own retarded decisions to put your life and well being in jeopardy for a nation that won't exist by the the time your grand children will be adults.
>Sage for not being weapons related
Nice job announcing sage. Also military and vet culture are EXTREMELY /k/ related you fucking faggot.
>>
>>34204227
I don't dress in any particular way that would suggest prior or current military service.
>>
>>34204162
I got asked if I was in the marines a couple times in high school and it was the most confusing question, I looked like Shaggy from scooby doo.
>>
I have this issue too and I'm a bearded manlet.
>>34204208
>look either pissed or annoyed most of the time
And mystery solved.
>>
>>34204270
are you an angsty loner with resting bitch face, though? because I bet you are.
>>
I got asked something like this because of how i stare at things and zone out.
Plus i have hair eo unbelievably curly i cut it short and then i have a huge widows peak.

>widow's peak is the most tactical hairline
>>
>>34204352
>resting bitch face

not him, but I have a face that drifts between the sort of face you see on a bodhisattva, and arrogantly relaxed sean connery james bond and I'm still confused for a vet all the time.
>>
>>34204162
probably your haircut, or wearing some kind of paraphanalia

theres a certain vibe that members give off, and certain accessories are just automatic "okay so you're from THAT ship i see"
>>
I know Everytime I go to an appointment at the VA they just assume I'm a veteran. Who do these fucks think they are.
>>
>>34204162
Could be body language and posture. People often ask if I'm cop/military or if I work in a place I'm shopping at despite wearing nothing that would imply such.
>>
>>34204162
some guy in uniform tried to buy my tea at a gas station
I guess he thought I was a vet or something cause I was limping on account of my sciatica
>>
>>34209062
>or if I work in a place I'm shopping at
Wew, I thought that was just me.
>>
>>34204162
The only time I'm ever asked this is when I'm filling out job applications and such. Don't know man, that is weird though.
>>
Go ask /soc/ why a bunch of Marines keep hitting on you or think you're a girl, come back when you need an asshole defense pistol when they start getting too sexually aggressive for you.
>>
>>34204162
I get asked if I'm military a lot but only because people don't know what the merchant marine is.

I don't really blame them, I wasn't super familiar myself until I got involved.
>>
File: 1492726228320.jpg (185KB, 1440x1420px) Image search: [Google]
1492726228320.jpg
185KB, 1440x1420px
>>34204162
>wearing Dr. Martens, jeans, t-shirt and black beanie
>go to Wawa
>cashier asks if I'm in the Army
>>Uh, no, why do you ask?
>I just thought because of the boots and the hat.

>mfw US Army Issue Dr. Martens
>>
>>34212606
Are you a skinhead?
>>
>>34212606
I'm in the air force and I wear timbs

I can't wait until OCPs are authorized so I can wear some knockoff yeezys
>>
>>34204162
First post was right, kill yourself.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.