[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive heard this gun is so bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: luger.jpg (145KB, 1919x1071px) Image search: [Google]
luger.jpg
145KB, 1919x1071px
/k/ tell me whats the problem with nazi luger
>>
>>34203165
the*
>>
self bump
>>
>>34203165
Duh! It was used by Nazis!
>>
>>34203165
it's racist and white people shouldnt be allowed to have countries of their own
>>
>>34203467
>>34203483
This. Nazi guns are inherently bad. also overcomplicated togglelock system and lol9mm
>>
>>34203554
try harder
>>
>>34203165
Pros:
>was the first actually good and practical short-recoil pistol in a service caliber, compare to the awkward mess that is the Mauser
>bore axis is pretty low, magazine fits snugly in the grip, weight and balance is good
>points well
>looks crunk
>generally works and does what it needs to do

Cons:
>complex and has tight tolerances, it's expensive and time consuming to make due to the fine machining, special springs and high amount of hand fitting required to produce them
>grip angle is kind of steep for modern shooting stances

There isn't anything really bad about them, for the early 1900's it was a legit good pistol, the best, really, so good that the Swiss bought them on the spot, in 7.65mm Luger, before the wonderful 9mm Luger cartridge was devised (the Swiss were so taken with the Luger that they copied it's toggle lock mechanism for everything, subguns, machineguns, etc)

By the late 30's though, there'd been a lot of developments and advancements, and looking at the Walther P38, it's a short recoil pistol in the same caliber and with the same capacity, which is just as reliable (if not more), but it's cheaper and faster to make.

People get this idea that Lugers aren't reliable, but a lot of that comes from people shooting guns that have passed through a lot of owners over a period of 70 or 80 years, maybe even 100 years, and the springs are fatigued and worn, the magazines are done.
Fact is, with a replacement spring kit that's properly tuned, and with a brand new high quality magazine from MecGar, a Luger should run like a top.
>>
File: a_furrer.jpg (55KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
a_furrer.jpg
55KB, 500x659px
>>34204284
>the Swiss were so taken with the Luger that they copied it's toggle lock mechanism for everything, subguns, machineguns, etc
Oberstbrigadier (OF-7) Adolf motherfucking Furrer, Director and Patron of the Confederate Weapons Plant Bern.
>>
>>34204284
also
>single stack 9mm
>>
>>34203165
In the WWI, there was a shit ton of M U D
And this gun was such a pussy, that it got jammed a lot because of the M U D
>>
>>34203165
The P08 predates the third reich. Whatever. Single stack 9mm is a terrible idea for service pistol and toggle lock is just not a versatile as a slide no matter ho you cut it. Now that I say that though I kind of want to see someone mount an optic on a Luger.
>>
>>34204284
>the awkward mess that is the Mauser
You shut your whore mouth.

(you're kinda right though)
>>
>>34205649
>inanimate objects are racist ! !
>>
>>34203165
its an interesting relic.
but its old and cant handle high pressure loads of modern 9mm.
it might as well be a glock because it could explode on your hand like a grernade
>>
>>34203165
>whats the problem
they dont make them anymore.
>>
>>34207529
Are you being sarcastic tripfriend?
>>
>>34205649
You get bored of the 'Gun Violence Awareness Day' thread?

>>34207529
Shit tier bait, or lame sarcasm. Neither are any good.
>>
>>34204284
>TIGHT TOLERANCES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRRwbhN4-sU&

>>34205676
>that it got jammed a lot because of the M U D

This was really the only noticeable problem. Everything else was rather trivial. The fact that they had to make a special hostler to help alleviate the problem really helps drive that point.
>>
>>34207529
you're a pretty insecure and fragile little snowflake aren't you?
as expected of a tripfaggot
>>
>>34207565
>>HURR DURR ANYTHING I DON"T LIKE IS BAIT
No, but hunterposting is, every time.
>>
>>34207630
You're getting lazy. Here's one last (You), now please go away.
>>
>>34205585
That was some pretty fly shit still by then, consider that most revolvers were six shooters, and that many still had a loading gate system (Nagant, Rast & Gasser, which it had comparable or better power than), and that most other autos were small caliber blowbacks (basically everything in .32ACP), or cludgefuck short recoil pistols (C93 Borchardt, C96 Mauser).

Could it have had higher capacity? Probably, but 8+1 with power beyond your average .38, with a lightning fast and easy reload, soft recoil, a trigger that is a crisp single action on every pull, with rather comfortable ergonomics and balance, the Luger looked very good in 1908.
>>
>>34205676
Every gun stuck in the trenches was miserable if submerged in mud.

Yes, even your favorite.
>>
>>34206993
I love the Mauser, but it fully has the design sensibilities of an 1800's revolver
>tall as fuck bore axis, with the action sitting as tall
>magazine in front of the grip and fire control group
>grip down low and far back
It's top-heavy and flippy, practical shooting essentially calls for using the front of the magazine well as a grip (which works well with the attached stock).
In some ways it makes me think of a Reichrevolver, except not bullshit, because it actually does things for you, rather than just the bare minimum, it's also cool and was top of the line for 1896.

It really makes for a very cool carbine though, so I'm glad the holster was a standard option, would be a delight to have one of those factory long barreled carbines.
>>
File: DSC04963.jpg (1MB, 2181x1361px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04963.jpg
1MB, 2181x1361px
reliability has only been an issue in the US because of ammunition specs, original german spec ammo for the luger is what the US specs call +P+ and as long as the springs aren't worn out the gun fails to function reliably with US loadings mine runs 100% without fail running +P+ hollowpoints but jams constantly with winchester white box, with the most common failure being failure to eject and usually rechambering the empty due to lack pf power to fully cycle the action
>>
>>34209710
7/10
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.