[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /k/ should I get a pm 63 parts kit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: pm63.jpg (138KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
pm63.jpg
138KB, 900x600px
hey /k/ should I get a pm 63 parts kit?
>>
No.

t. got one and worked for a while on it. want to buy it off of me?

if you want to know why I can elaborate
>>
>>34202241
Please do
>>
>>34202269
>if you go the rifle route, a 16" barrel looks kinda fugly. Opinion, but whatever.
>You need to buy two/three receivers to get the correct overlap between the cut chunks. Even then, get ready for an assload of filing - a metric assload - which will royally fuck the finish in places that are hard to refinish i.e. inside the rails
>you will need to drill and tap a firing pin hole liner, since the removable fixed firing pin is too wide and will lead to blown primer holes
>unlike other kits where the firing pin hole can be drilled with a simple lathe jig as the bolt is roundish, the pm63 slide necessitates a drill press. Also, you either get to buy a 10" bit extendo doodad and visually make sure you hit the right spot, or you buy a smaller bit and make an educated guess going in from the rear shrouded end.
>practically zero - zerroooo - room for a trigger transfer bar. You can pull a t94 and have it exposed, or have it be really, really thin. The positioning of the transfer bar then means you have little mechanical advantage with the trigger pull, so your trigger mechanism will be dodgy as fuck
>welding the sucker together is a hellish challenge, due to the rails and other thin, easily warped but critical components. These things were not designed to be loose.
>the new production barrels require fitting to your specific lugs
>plastic is cheap. Gets really slick if it is at all oily
>have to design a firing pin which integrates the rate reducer components, as the thickness of the wall between the rate reducer housing and the boltface does not allow for a traditional firing pin OR hammer setup. You are basically left with a striker system with the reducer assembly and a protruding firing pin. THEN, since you can't exactly get the sear to catch when the slide reciprocates *before* the slide is rearward enough to pick up a new round, jt is v e r y unsafe
>the stock sucks
>the slide assembly is much too light for non open bolt function. The thing it...
>>
>>34202508
>the thing it slams into isn't very meaty. I don't particularly want the slide flying into my face...

in summary

-welding sucks
-no room for a decent trigger
-various safety issues
-the gun itself is not worth it beyond the looks
-ends up being really expensive with a new barrel (DONT JUST REUSE THE LOCKING LUG SECTION YOU FUCKER DONT DONT IT WILL BLOW UP) a couple cut receiver chunk sets and the one-time use bits and stuff you will be buying
>>
File: IMG_1492.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1492.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
You should
>>
>>34202554
>>34202508
Awesome thanks for the advice
>>
>>34202573
That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I mean who still uses those cheap brown grips?
>>
File: delete_dino.png (1MB, 777x759px) Image search: [Google]
delete_dino.png
1MB, 777x759px
>>34202573
>>
>>34202573
Could you make something like this similar to how you can "make" a pipe rifle or 80%?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.