[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are compact, small caliber lever/bolt guns a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: T3nA3Rv.jpg (900KB, 3226x2419px) Image search: [Google]
T3nA3Rv.jpg
900KB, 3226x2419px
I'm looking for something like a (preferably wood stock)
.223 or 7.62x39 lever or bolt action rifle that has a total length no greater than 36 or so inches and weighs somewhere in the 6 pound range. So far I've had no luck.

Something like the Marlin 336Y, but with cheaper ammunition would be the best way to describe what I'm looking for.
>>
CZ-527
>>
>>34201649
Same guy that said this, but literally this gun is exactly what you describe that you want. It's 37 inches, comes in either .223 or 7.62x39, uses a mauser bolt, and is just under 6 pounds. It's really sweet.
>>
>>34201632
Kimber Montana, and hack about 5" off the barrel.
>>
>>34201703
>Kimber Montana
Way more expensive then the CZ-527, not even counting it's too long for OP and the cost of hacking off the barrel without destroying it. Don't recommend this.
>>
File: 1494173503983.jpg (431KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494173503983.jpg
431KB, 960x1200px
>>34201632

Hey, you

>>34201649

Get this
>>
>>34201649
>>34201688
>>34201745
The problem is that I'm a lefty and I prefer the Lux meaning it has to be .223 (okay with this) and the overall length is 42 inches (not okay with this)
>>34201703
Not going to be doing any cutting, but I'll take a look
>>
>>34201766
I'm left handed and i've never had a problem shooting any sort of gun even if it's not designed for left handed people. Just suck it up and live with our disability and shoot normal rifles. You're not getting a better rifle for what you want then that.
>>
>>34201801
Okay, how do you recommend I cycle the bolt though. Go over, use right hand and lose my aim, or switch and learn to shoot right handed altogether?
>>
what scope is this? anybody know? looking for a good nikon
>>
>>34201835
If the action is smooth enough (not a milsurp) I just use my left hand and reach over and cycle it. If it's a rough action I take my right hand and cycle it. Don't learn to shoot right handed, it'll be awful and you'll never feel as comfortable. Either way you're gonna lose your aim, even right handers can't keep their sights on the target while cycling the bolt.
>>
Ruger American ranch rifle with a boyds stock?
>>
>>34201921
thats not a bad choice either, still prefer the cz
>>34201835
don't dox me pls, but you can see in this vid I try to work it instinctively with my left hand but its a bit tight so I just use my right. Of course you don't have to stand up I just did because I loaded only one round. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qm1jvbdX3s
>>
>>34201965
Nice, thx anon
>>
Howa Mini, I don't think they have a left action though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.