[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun prices dropping?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: Glock.jpg (148KB, 963x775px) Image search: [Google]
Glock.jpg
148KB, 963x775px
I'm an avid user of Armslist and ive noticed within the past 12 months gun prices have come down. There are still a lot of expensive things listed for sale but it seems like they just sit and sit and sit. Even the lower priced stuff isnt selling much without a deep discount.

I usually like to buy and trade but lately the market seems too saturated, particularly for AR's and polymer pistols and its spread into other things making me weary of any new purchases. I usually stick to the low end of stuff like $400 and below just out of necessity and because its easier usually to sell and trade but lately even athose rent selling to well. I have a hipoint 9mm carbine for example listed for $225 and it hasnt sold after a week.

I know with a repub president, new restrictions arent likely and the prices should come down but it seems to be more of an overall slowdown in sales volume, not like the prices are just trending down. I really think were getting to a point where there are just too many guns out there and not enough buyers at current prices. Anyway, what's /k/'s thoughts on the current domestic gun market in the USA?
>>
File: Mini 14.jpg (149KB, 1011x611px) Image search: [Google]
Mini 14.jpg
149KB, 1011x611px
>>34199791
>>
meanwhile in MA, some bozo is trying to sell a preban 100rnd ar drum for 550
>>
Law of demand. When liberals are in charge people buy buy buy because we are on the brink of bans and seizures. When conservatives in charge, people hold off because guns aren't going anywhere.

Gun companies still gotta sell guns so they'll lower prices to sweeten the deal,

I still find it supremely ironic that Obama was the best thing to happen to the gun industry in decades
>>
File: sks.jpg (140KB, 983x667px) Image search: [Google]
sks.jpg
140KB, 983x667px
>>34199828
>>
>>34199791
> Clinton 2 electric boogaloo incoming, Circa September 2016
> Quick fellas! Buy Everything you can before the gunolypse!
> Gun prices soar
> 1000$ FAN are
> 1400$ Colt ar
> 4000$ Aug A3 (California price)
> 6000$ scar 17 (also California price)
> Not only prices going up, sales volume.
> Certain niche guns from companies with less production volume dry up
> Guns selling faster than alcohol on the night prohibition became an amendment
> FFLs dealing with piles of paper
> Some LGS have to limit out of state transfers due to shear volume of orders
> Hillary loses Florida on election night
> Itsalloverbutthecrying.mp4
> Guns fill people's safes
> Store have large stocks now going unbought and are bleeding money some go out of business (gander mountain)
After Hillary lost, people kept the guns they bought, and there was a sharp decline in the panic buying, and it really tore stuff up.
Look at the mp shield rebate.
Gun business isn't doing so well when compared to Sept 2016
>>
File: AR556.jpg (123KB, 939x657px) Image search: [Google]
AR556.jpg
123KB, 939x657px
>>34199867

I definitely agree it has a lot to do with sentiment in regards to whether or not there will be new bans/legislation but i feel like at the same time people are out of money. Before everyone though guns were a good store of value and they generally are, but lately with mass production of ARs and so many polymer carry pistols on the market, prices just have to come down. There seems to be this price floor for full size pistols around $400 but it seems to high now with all the options out there.
>>
We should be thankful.

Now if only the damn russian ban is lifted, fucking democraps.
>>
File: DBAR.jpg (138KB, 987x629px) Image search: [Google]
DBAR.jpg
138KB, 987x629px
>>34199889

Yeah i agree with this. What concerns me is all those guns tied up in peoples safes that they will never sell because they bought too high. Maybe now is just the right time to buy but i dont see any reason theyre going to go up until 2020 or 2024. Same for ammo, 22lr is still pretty rare but everything else seems to be in good supply but they wont lower the price at all.
>>
>>34199907
>>34199945

One trend that's been emerging is that there are fewer overall gun owners but they buy a lot of guns for themselves. It may be that gun companies have squeezed most of the money from that market and any further purchases will be a trickle compared to earlier.

Supposedly, Trump's election has caused a small surge in liberals buying guns, but I doubt that's going to sustain the industry, and prices will continue to be low to help make sales.
>>
File: PSA AR.jpg (113KB, 977x649px) Image search: [Google]
PSA AR.jpg
113KB, 977x649px
>>34200071

I can see that. I know i personally own quit a few guns, not an extreme amount, maybe 20 or so, and the people i know who own guns have a decent amount too. Its like a lot or nothing. I would think once people see the trend on the horizon that prices arent going up but down, they will stop buying. For a while it was very speculative where people would buy up anything hoping to flip it, particularly ARs and AR magazines but thankfully that seems to have stopped and hopefully bit those speculators on the butt. Same with ammo, around 2012 it was buy whatever you can get your hands on. I bet theres a massive amount of ammo just stockpiled gathering dust.

Another thing is anything custom seems to fall back down to what the stock item would cost and maybe a little more. Adding any kind of accessory is just icing on the cake and doesnt bring really any value back. Ever since getting into guns, one thing that has constantly blown my mind is the amount of money people will throw at things, particularly to squeeze out miliseconds of theoretical tactical-ness from their guns...expensive lights, lasers, stocks, optics, etc. When does it become too much? Because price really doesnt equal value in most cases. And in regards to AR's, when PSA or anderson can make a complete rifle for $400-$450 shipped, it makes me wonder whats going to happen to all those $750+ priced ARs out there?
>>
File: Taurus 1911.jpg (121KB, 995x639px) Image search: [Google]
Taurus 1911.jpg
121KB, 995x639px
>>34200191
>>
>>34199828
This seems exceptionally low priced. Other stuff is priced reasonably.

I've just sold a few things quickly for what I was asking e.g. Henry big boy brass 44m for $650, SA mil spec 1911 for $550, bersa thunder for $230 etc

But my keltec pmr30 for $400 and my 580 mini14 (with 8 30rd mags)for $700 aren't even getting hardly inquiries
>>
>>34200191
guns aren't going to become less fun just because they're cheaper anon...
>>
>>34199907
Grabagun has that listed under $500

I want to negotiate with my lgs for one of those
>>
>>34202537
holy shit i bought mine a few years ago when it came out from ruger, for 650
>>
>>34202571
You like it? I was thinking about that or a del ton sport for my first ar
>>
>>34202593
The ruger AR is a much better quality gun than a delton AR
>>
Op, the market for polymer pistols and ARs is extremely saturated, as you noticed. However, the price on AKs has actually gone up, and many other less common firearms such as the PTR 91 have retained their value and sell for close to retail on the used market. Just because one segment of the market is saturated does not mean all of them are.
>>
>>34202655
it's also more expensive. but really they're both relatively cheap
>>
>>34202593
yeah its great. it was my first gun so i went basic and well, basically fallen in love with it so it looks a lot different today

my main complaint about the thing stock is the plastic handguard has no heatshields so it gets hot real fast
>>
>>34202459

Seems to me to be the same thing. Wood and all metal guns go fast. Polymer sits.
>>
>>34202593
I've had the MP 15 sport II, the AR556, and a Bushmaster. I ended up selling or trading them all, but if I went for another AR, I'd get a Ruger AR556 again. It's great.
>>
Bump, does anyone here ever sell their guns?
>>
File: 338mg.jpg (154KB, 700x449px) Image search: [Google]
338mg.jpg
154KB, 700x449px
>>34199791
>gunborker retards buy all the guns
>believe people will buy all their shit
They deserve whatever happens. Also your retarded if you buy due to values, buy it if you want it.
>>
>>34199889
>puts the dollar sign after the number
Are you a millennial post 1995?
>>
>>34199945
Rare? I'm getting $30 500rd boxes of .22lr in Louisiana. It's not a great prices, but better than last 8 years
>>
>>34199945
>>34205235

Bruh .22 is NEVER rare. Maybe it is at the places you're buying it.

But I shit you not, come hunting season even the convenience stores around here have a giant stack of it.

And just like the proverbial wall of shotgun shells that walmart has, they always have a copius amount of .22lr. Buckets of it even.

I mean if you're getting the CCI shit in the plastic case I can understand that, but the traditional way to go is the little crammed boxes of Federal.
>>
>>34199791
Op is pretty gay.
>>
>>34205235
I really prefer paying closer to $25
>>
>>34200071
I've had three of my liberal coworkers approach me asking 1) can you teach me to shoot? 2) how do I buy a gun? 3) What do I have to do to obtain a concealed carry permit?

It's weird, but I'm okay with it. If this election is what makes them finally understand why people that are moderate to right-wing believe strongly in the 2nd Amendment and the inherent right to self defense, I think Trump will be successful. I just hope in 4 years if/when he loses, they dont go back to anti-gunners...
>>
guys whats a good price on a glock 17/22/31 slide?
>>
>>34200071
The 'fewer people owning guns' part is a meme. In reality, we don't know how many people own guns- many people decline to answer the surveys.
>>
>>34205336
go fuck yourself bub
>>
>>34205403
Whenever a doctor asks that question, I always answer "Honestly, I don't know."

>live by myself
>>always have a gun within arms reach
>>
>used glock for 400
>used mini 14 for 400
>bubba's SKS for 300

I'm not an armslist user, but those prices look normal to me. If you were paying more than that before .... Well that's on you.
>>
>unregistered
Yeah, go ahead and try to actually buy one.
>>
>>34205462
schools out already?
>>
>>34205325
>in 4 years if/when he loses, they dont go back to anti-gunners...
The thing is I am terrified that when Trump leaves that these liberal gun owners will go back to anti-gun and be used as an example of "reasonable gun owners." Be ready for:
>I own a handgun for self defense but no one needs an AR-15
>>
>>34205597
thats why you talk them into buying AR-15's.
>>
central NC here. All I see on armslist are people selling used glocks for over 600 dollars, local pawn shops listing their inventory, and lots of Taurus/sccy/kel tec type junk.
>>
>>34205192
I have an ever revolving stable of range toys so I sell frequently. Stuff like my CCW, Hunting and SHTF guns will never get sold unless they are being replaced which doesn't happen often.
>>
Prices are depressed on anything mainstream. So AR's, CCW guns and plastic fantastics. You won't be seeing any rebates or inventory liquidations of things like magnum revolvers or lever guns.

From my general reading on this and other boards I have noticed a trend away from discussions about prepping or buying shtf type guns and towards the more recreational side of the shooting game. I am older so I can remember when damn near all gun forum discussion was about range toys, playing with handloads and just general hobby-type tomfoolery and any shtf/zombie/militia larping was relegated to fringe boards. It's made me think about youngfags who grew up during obama and don't know anything else but PANIC ALL THE THINGS.
>>
>>34205682
god yes, there were guys selling bare glock slides for $500 last week on there. like the ones they sell on lone wolf for like $100 something. these fucking hicks think their dogshit is worth diamonds with everything, burned out wrecked cars, condemmned burned houses with fucked up septic lines and no water run to them from the street, stolen as fuck electronics, guns. I can't wait to move back south away from these inbreeds
>>
>>34205618
>Three weeks into the next Democrat president those "evil" AR-15s get turned in at a buyback.
>>
>>34205779
tried to sell 2 colts and an hk45 on armslist. VERY fair pricing.

Every reply was someone wanting to trade their broken dirtbike, old playstation, busted ass kimber, or some other such nonsense.

People in this area are able to buy whatever they want new, or are broke as fuck.
>>
>>34206139

Op here, this is my experience. It's either very poor people looking for a stupid low price or dumb rich people who just pay new retail and hold forever never realizing a loss. I price things based on gunbroker maybe a little below, as it's the best indicator of true price discovery. I've gotten pretty good at filtering out the tire kickers though, things like "is it still available", asking a lot of questions that can be solved by a quick search and poor grammar don't really get a response from me. I always respond to trade or cash offers even if it's a low ball, if it's to low I just say no thanks. I really believe there to be a large glut of firearms that will never be sold until the buyer passes away and it's sold with the estate. I've been seriously considering getting into the estate auction biz for this reason but not just for guns.
>>
>>34205717
true true
>>
File: IMG_0513.jpg (918KB, 2421x1937px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0513.jpg
918KB, 2421x1937px
Might as well ask here.

I'm getting rid of a few safe queens. Rarely get to the the range these days and when I do, I focus on my carry and home defense guns.

What would be a fair price for:

> Sig Mk 25 threaded barrel
> Original box and useless pack-ins
> 3 15-rd sig mags
> 1 18-rd Mec-Gar mag
> 1 20-rd Mec-Gar mag
> Hogue G-10 Grips (along w/ factory plastic grips)

Pistol is blemish-free. Less than 100 rounds fired. I know I'll be taking a loss but people are throwing some lowball cash offers and hideous trades.
>>
>>34207275

Best way to get an idea of the ballpark is to look at completed auctions on gunbroker.
>>
>>34200071
False. In terms of absolute numbers gun owners remain relatively the same. We have an excellent replacement rate.

Prices are just low because people who bought on the thought they could sell for a higher price have realized that constant inflation isn't good for a market.
>>
>>34199889
Funny how that works. Gun businesses have to pretend like they weren't hoping Hillary wins because what's bad for gun owners is good for them. Of course if they admitted it people would boycott them.
>>
>>34207275
Man if I had the money for that I'd buy it right now.

900 ish seems fair for it being used and all.
>>
>>34202663
>Implying polymer pistold and ARs are just a "segment" of the market

nigger that's a big segment
>>
File: 4-27-2013-3-58-43-AM.png (295KB, 427x506px) Image search: [Google]
4-27-2013-3-58-43-AM.png
295KB, 427x506px
>>34200327
>Taurus 1911

At least ammo prices are normalizing.
>>
>>34199914
>fucking democraps.

lmao implying republicans weren't responsible as well. the NRA probably lobbied to help create that ban to keep people buying american.
>>
>>34205682
NC is just awful for internet participation in general. Craigslist-like sites are miserable and have few users. As many guns get traded here armslist has one of the worst populations. In the Wilm area all you see is shitty mossberg 500s, bubba'd sks's, bare Glocks, and overpriced ammo. I sold a Glock holster on there once and it was painless but there was no way to get rid of an 870. Finding a kayak here is piss easy though, you can post and sell one of those in 3 hours.
>>
>2016
>election comes up
>nofuns wants funs in case the liberal wins
>vicious cycle of waiting for a good price while prices skyrocket
>eventually give up, money goes to food & rent instead
>liberal loses
>spend 6 months laughing
>look again
>prices dropping
What a time to be alive. I'll have my cheap Makarov one day. But not yet.
>>
>>34199828
>>34199869
Hello fellow nc friend
>>
>>34200071
econ101, simple as that. You're witnessing a swelling of supply. Although, no data to go on, the uptick in gun purchases by the butthurtz crowd is interesting. Several folks I know, or know of, have been explicit about their purchases. Couldn't tell you why, but there's that.
>>
>>34205192
Fun fact:
I sold just over half my senpai during the first half of 2016. I was starting my business and needed some more cash for the contingency. A total of eighteen firearms. Also, offloaded a shitton of mags, ammo, furniture, glass, cases and so forth. Was a progressive thing, not so much in the beginning to selling so much during the summer you woulda sworn that was my business. Looking back, have to admit, I'm content. Didn't take a single loss. Getting anxious to replace, but don't have any time.
>>
>>34205467
Your doctor asks if you own firearms?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.