[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Navy cammies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (73KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 600x400px
Any navy guys out there? How do you feel about the phasing out of the blueberries and in with the CB look?
>>
>>34199555
Bumping myself
I know this isn't exactly weapons but couldn't decide if it was more appropriate for history or here
>>
>>34199555
I've never worn them before but my friends that have say they're much more comfortable so I'm looking forward to that. My command will also let us wear tan/brown boots so that's another huge plus. I personally just think it's odd the Navy is using a green camou for them. Just doesn't feel right. It made sense for units that were expeditionary but other that it's just weird.
>>
Why the fuck does the Navy has so many damn uniforms?
Dress White
Dress Blue
Full Dress
Dinner Dress
Service Khaki
Navy Working Uniform in multiple designs
Shipboard Working Uniform

The Army has 4
ACU
ASU
Mess Dress (Rare)
APFU
and minor variations of each.
>>
The current blue uniform is heavy, gets really sweaty real fast. Everyone seems to be fairly happy for the type 3s for them being thinner. The major complaint is the amount of shit we have to replace. 3 sets of the uniform, boots, parka with liner, undershirts.

The tailor is going to be destroyed when they get fully phased in.
>>
>>34199555
The whole point of the NWU type3s is to hide oil/paint stains on the dark blues. It has a lot of common colors with shipboard paints. It wouldn't hide huge paint stains but it would hide speckles of paint. The new greens wont.
Standing topside roving patrol in July in dark blue is awful, so that will be a nice change. My area isn't supposed to get until 2019, and I'm getting out like 2 after they come out so I'm not looking forward to buying them.
I think they look bad ass. They can be worn with a tan ships ball cap and it looks pretty cool.
>>
>>34199673
Air Force has 5
OCP
ABU
AF PTU
Mess dress
Service dress
>>
>>34199555

Solid color uniforms, Fatigues, coveralls or jumpsuits is all you need for a navy that never actually fights enemy ships.
>>
they look like slightly old guacamole with too much black pepper. I also like blue so theres that.
>>
>>34199673
The only difference between full and dinner dress is the medals you wear. One is full size medals. The other is mini medals.
>>
Can we just go back to dungarees. They don't look retarded and there is literally no reason to wear camo on a ship. They're equally uncomfortable for all purposes. AND you actually look like you're in the navy
>>
File: 18A88229[1].jpg (12KB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
18A88229[1].jpg
12KB, 259x259px
>>34199803

Because the whole reason the navy moved away from it was because they were tired of being asked for some cracker jack.
>>
>>34199803
This

the blue camo was kinda neat but stupid the whole idea of wearing camo on anshit is stupid, that said it doesn't look that bad
>>
I just wish I could wear my coveralls off ship like the officers do. So comfy. I will say I'm looking forward to the uniform change, shit sounds much better than the blueberry shit we've got now, besides still having to have polished boots.
>>
Im ok with them, but I still think the navy should wear something similar to what the coasties wear or grey camo similar to the Australian navy. Also, sea commands wearing type iii's still have to wear those stupid black boots which ruin your feet.
>>
>>34199851
Those aren't dungarees retard. They still wear the Cracker Jack uniforms
>>
>>34199555
I've had them since 2012 and they wear a lot better than the blueberries. The blueberries were a good idea but horrible design/wear especially for breathability and the bit where they were fire enhancing instead of fire retardant.

In the end... I still miss my DCU's, nothings worn as good as them.
>>
>>34199793

Thats a whole level of retardation
>>
>>34199803
>go back to dungarees

Fuck no. Those were working uniforms, but uniforms that khakis still expected you to clean and iron. You had to make them presentable, but couldn't go to the grocery store wearing them. The worst of both worlds.
>>
It always seemed dumb to me to wear the blue digitals

>fall in water
>can't be found
>Camouflage worked?
>>
File: hooyah.jpg (47KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
hooyah.jpg
47KB, 700x466px
I think the type IIIs look weird as a ((Navy)) uniform. Honestly I would prefer if we just adopt something like the Coast Guard's solid blue working uniform but w/e
>>
>>34200591
oh and another thing, why don't they keep the ranks on the collar instead of doing it the Army way and putting it in the front, pretty dumb to me famalam
>>
>>34199780
Forgetting the glorious flight suit.
>>
I like the blueberrys. Durable as fuck, lots of pockets, hide stains well and can be worn off the pier. And the quarterdeck usually won't give me shit about my fucked up boots when they see that I'm a nuke.
Still hate my job though.
>>
>>34199555
Fucking retarded just like the blueberries.
Work an office job? Khakis.
Work a physical but noncombat job? Coveralls.
Work a combat job? An actually GOOD cammo pattern.
Keep dress uniforms the same.
There.
>>
File: 1492625433643.jpg (113KB, 700x464px) Image search: [Google]
1492625433643.jpg
113KB, 700x464px
>>34200591
gold second class WEW how the fuck can people not advance it is easy as fuck
>>
File: 40.jpg (47KB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
47KB, 852x854px
>>34199673
Make sense that the navy of all branches would be so concerned with playing dress-up
>>
File: 1463346656813.jpg (9KB, 368x267px) Image search: [Google]
1463346656813.jpg
9KB, 368x267px
>>34200500
>It always seemed dumb to me to wear the blue digitals
>fall in water
>can't be found
>Camouflage worked?
check'd and kek'd hard
>>
>>34199987
Oh it is. Most junior sailors skip out on dinner events because they'd have to buy a whole new set of medals. Sometimes the chief or officer mess will allow them to use whatever medals they have or raise money for them to get the new ones.
>>
I'm pretty bummed that the navy is finally getting cool uniforms after I'm already out. The AOR 2 pattern was always one of my favorites.

To be honest though, I never had much complaints about the type 1 NWU anyway. Just the black leather boots weren't always the most comfortable things.
>>
>>34200500
Well that uniform is for in port only, but aside from that if you think about it there is no practical camo for being on a ship. The best thing would be some kind of coveralls with reflective strips like some countries already do. USA on the other hand wears solid dark blue coveralls, which stand out in the water just as well as the type 1s would.

While we're on the subject, if none of yall heard yet a sailor just went overboard like yesterday and still hasn't been found.
>>
File: IMG_3098.jpg (49KB, 440x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3098.jpg
49KB, 440x293px
How did we get to the point where the Coast Guard has better looking working unis than the Navy?
>>
>>34201636
Knew a guy who retired as a 2nd. Apparently that was pretty common back in the day. I don't even think it's possible anymore, they'll kick you out for not making rank.
>>
>>34202113
It was common when the navy was in its peak to retire as 3rds and 2nds
>>
>>34202113
I made 1st at a little under 4.5 years crazy
>>
That's just AOR 2 right?
>>
>>34202434
Yep
>>
>>34199673
Marines have like 3

Cammies, Service and Dress uniforms, each have their seasonal variants though.

Well I guess you could actually say 4 if you count flight suits and coveralls
>>
>>34201050
>they see that I'm a nuke.
Ah so you really don't do anything outside or requires being in a non-environmentally controlled area. They suck for anyone who has to do outside work especially if they get wet as they take fucking forever to dry on their own.

>>34201636
This was super common until the ERB happened in think it was 2012 and the Chief continuation boards. Prior to that at least for Aviation community rates were like 15-18% for E-4, 4-8% E-5 and 2-4% E-6. Chief was super just luck of the draw on if senior opened up for your rate or not the previous year to make new slots. After ERB advancement rates drastically opened up for E-6 and below as it kicked a LOT of people out and made slots open. This combined with Chief continuation boards constantly opening slots up on the top end actually helped the advancement rates out tremendously.
>>
>>34199555
I would just like to know where to find them. I just made third so I'd like to get at least one set ready before my other uniforms are obsolete.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1930x1462px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1930x1462px
Are you allowed to wear dixie cups like dude in bottom right?
>>
>>34199673
That's a general Navy thing, we also have a shit load of different uniforms
Dress blue/ white/ khaki/ dinner
Work blue/ khaki
Camo fleck/ dessert
overall
And also a shit load of different hats
>>
>>34205139
I know warfare devices and ranks have been in NEX's for a while but don't recall seeing the pants/blouse outside of Command issued stock.

I also remember the clusterfuck that was the blueberry rollout also. "Plussing up" our clothing allowance by like $100 for 08/09 when no one in the navy could buy them in 08 and only East coast had them in 09 and then bitching as to why no one had the correct required amount of uniforms.
>>
>>34199780

Your average AF enlisted dude has ABUs, PT gear, and Service dress. You literally change from a blue to a white shirt and otherwise wear Service Dress for the Mess Dress equivalent for anyone below TSgt.
>>
>>34204743
>Man it's weird how the branches with a shit ton of money have alot of uniforms? There must be no correlation between that.
coast guard faggot and we have 3 also
>>
>>34201987
I dig it.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.