[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Throat damage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMAG0079.jpg (663KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0079.jpg
663KB, 3264x1836px
Buying a gun for the first time and it might be this one, but I'm concerned about possible throat wear since its a milsurp. Does this look decent or should I not bother?
>>
Photographed with a 4x potato coated in Vaseline.
>>
>>34198148

That is chamber wear, not throat wear. It is not easy to say just looking at it to say if it is worn badly. It is likely fine though.
>>
>>34198181
When I shine a light in I can see rifling in it so it doesn't look like a smoothbore. A bit shiny still but I don't have specialized equipment so I had to use a fucking phone light.
>>
>>34198212

When looking at old military surplus I'm more concerned with wear at the muzzle end. The crown and the last few inches of rifling are most important to a decent shooting firearm.
>>
>>34198250
Rifling is till there on the end and it passed the bullet test, looks like some of the chrome lining has chipped off bit that's on the end of the barrel and not inside of it.
>>
>>34198636
The bullet test?
>>
>>34198825
Put a round into the barrel bullet first, if the entire bullet goes in and the cartridge is all that is sticking out your barrel is probably worn out.
>>
>>34198825
>>34198989

Good quick method. Gives you some idea as to barrel health. The best method is to slug the barrel. Take a lead bullet or fishing weight and swage it through the bore with a wooden dowel and mallet. When it comes out the other end measure it with a set of precision calipers. It will tell you a lot about your bore diameter and condition of rifling.
>>
>>34199069
Never knew that. Thx going to help me look for more milsurp thx anons
>>
>>34193474
>>34199069
>>34198989
>>34198825
>>34199117
this works but if it's been counterbored you won't learn anything

also milsurp that has been counterbored can shoot amazingly
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.