[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAFETY!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: LCI.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
LCI.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
Are the Ruger SR's the ONLY guns with:
* manual safety
* magazine disconnect
* LCI
I have found many other guns with 2, but not all 3.
Should I build a DO NOT BUY list?
>>
>>34196743

rugers are awesome

if you don't want the LCI ramp get the 9E

walther ppk/s has all 3
>>
Would one get fucked in court if one removed the magazine disconnect from their pistol and then had to use it defensively?
>>
>>34196872
The pros and cons for a magazine disconnect are well known.
The SO loves the feature.
She doesn't have the hand strength to rack the slide and eject a round without the occasional slip.
Scares her shitless she'll ND.
I know better, but it's a frame of mind thing.
All understood.
She knows to remove the mag for HER peace of mind.
>>
>>34196858
PPK/S with a magazine disconnect? What? Mine doesn't have one of those.
>>
>>34196872
No.
>>
>>34196872

i think that b.s. faded 15+ years ago after hollow points got really popular for self defense

who is going to know ?
>>
>>34196926

ok i'm wrong
>>
File: PPS No Safeties.png (53KB, 237x292px) Image search: [Google]
PPS No Safeties.png
53KB, 237x292px
>>34196858
>walther ppk/s has all 3
Is there a Commiefornia variant?
I went to waltherarms.com and no safety features are pictured or listed.
>>
>>34196947
I know the Bersa Thunder has one. Which is why I didn't buy one.
>>
>>34196981
Yup, Bersa Thunder owner here, we've got a mag disconnect, a manual safety, an LCI, and an on/off key to *really* make it safe for storage. They're military issue in Argentina I think.

What is the opposite to mag disconnects and LCI? I really like the LCI; I always keep in mind if there is one in the chamber, but it helps verify it for me.
>>
>>34197033
For the record I have never used the "off" key but I don't care that it's there, doesn't impact me in any way. Not sure how it works internally.
>>
>>34197033
I like the LCI. I don't hate the manual safety / decocker on the PPK/S. It's the mag disconnect that kills me.
>>
>>34197076
I have a blind friend that loves his LCI.
I have come to appreciate a silent brass check.
Would a Taurus fire on a brass check? Teehee, yes I went there.
>>
Politics /k/omrades. They can say their guns are safer with out adding stupid shit like internal trigger safeties.
>>
>>34197033
This is all true, but there's also a decocker so you can carry it with a round in the chamber and the safety off
>>
>>34197094
>I meant trigger locks.
>>
Does the XD Mod 2 have a magazine disconnect?
>>
File: 1477677644601.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1477677644601.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
>>34196743
Loaded chamber indicators are fine. The one in your pic is a little too obnoxious maybe, but fine. No reason not to have one.

The first two though, absolutely haram
>>
>>34196743
The California version of the Smith & Wesson Shield also has manual safety, magazine disconnect, and LCI

>Should I build a DO NOT BUY list?
implying i have freedom of choice in CA
>>
>>34196956
kys retard
>>
>>34196872
Probably not.

Massad Ayoob will tell you otherwise but he's not a legal expert and he shouldn't be telling people the shit he does.
>>
>>34197209
Anon #1: I looked it up
Anon #2: >kys retard

Another day, another thread:
Anon #2: why can't you look it up?
>>
>>34197306
It is best to just accept that, regardless of your actions, you are a faggot and should kys.
>>
>>34197321
Than/k/ you
>>
Hmmm, so it's only Ruger that has all 3 safeties...
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.