[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MP40

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (123KB, 1894x975px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
123KB, 1894x975px
Why are these things so overpriced? Looking around they're apparently priced less in Europe, usually around 1000 Euros above but that price here is usually around $15K plus. Now the only "replica" I've seen is a shitty ""pistol"" copy from American Tactical with a decent price tag. Apparently Eastern Europe has a huge stockpile of this but hasn't released it yet because it would flood the market.
>>
>>34196130
>650
>expensive
>>
>>34196139
I was referring to the authentic MP40 being expensive, that copy is considered as a "pistol" by the manufacturers and even parts from a authentic MP40 doesn't work on it.
>>
>>34196156
You're asking why a fucking NFA weapon is expensive? In the US?
>>
>>34196156
Actual MP40s are expensive because in the US, automatic weapons must be registered with the National Firearms Act of 1934, but in 1986, an amendment was snuck into a largely very good pro-gun bill in an attempt to kill it (which it didn't), which made it so that civilians could no longer register new machineguns.

The existing registered machineguns are legal to transfer between individuals, but new, so called Fully Transferable machineguns can generally not be made.

Since there is artificial scarcity, machineguns end up being expensive, even a ratty post-WW2 parts-kit build of a Sten SMG can go for as high as $3000, but generally, any functional 9mm subgun that's transferable will demand a pretty good price, since subguns are really fun and 9mm Luger is generally cheap ammunition, an Uzi, MP40, or Sterling can easily fetch $8000 to $16000 on the transferable MG market.

Likewise, actual transferable assault rifles such as select-fire AR15s and AKs typically go for $20000 to $30000 on average, with some exceptions for guns such as the FNC and the AC556 (select-fire military & police variant of the Mini-14), as they're significantly less modular and fairly difficult to get replacement parts for (many of them are rather worn and have shot out barrels), these two are actually pretty frequently seen below $10000
>>
File: feels too heavy.jpg (296KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
feels too heavy.jpg
296KB, 1383x1600px
>>34196222
Nice trips.
Looking over info over the net, the ATF requires a extensive background check and a $200 tax, as well as designation to a gun dealer in the even of your death. So I guess that made a the gun economy insanely fucking expensive then, at least for Full-autos, so I guess gun dealers are controlling the prices too in a way.

While we're in the topic of this, since I'm not really aware much of it, is there a movement or an movement to remove this restriction? Is it even possible?
>>
>>34197551
It's been in place for over 80 years now and any attempts to repeal it would inevitably have gun grabbers screeching about legalizing full autos and silencers. There was a white house petition created back in January but I don't think it went anywhere.

Realistically the best chance we have is to just chip away at it over time like with the Hearing Protection Act as long as we have Republican control of Congress and a conservative Supreme Court.
>>
>>34197551
http://machinegunpriceguide.com/index.htm

Pretty much anything Class 3 is expensive, don't get your hopes up for that changing anytime soon.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.