[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Mre. The real bachelor chow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: IRL Bachelor chow.jpg (163KB, 1817x1022px) Image search: [Google]
IRL Bachelor chow.jpg
163KB, 1817x1022px
Hey /k/ommandos I have recently begun ordering american military MREs as a substitute for fast food and have really been enjoying them in between kitchen cooked meals. I am about to order another case and wondered if any of you knew of a better place to purchase (as a civilian) other than amazon. The amazon price with shipping comes to about 7.00 per meal.
Also aside from the occasional constipation can you think of any health concerns that might come about from eating them frequently?
>>
>$7/meal
I cannot believe people like you exist.
>>
>>34193700
You are literally eating titanium dioxide you dumb motherfucker. Those things are also 2000+ calories. Just stop.
>>
File: 1379187750060.gif (1MB, 770x414px) Image search: [Google]
1379187750060.gif
1MB, 770x414px
>>34193700
>Pork Sauce with Gravy
Fucking christ, dude, couldn't you find a better one? It's like eating from a cum box.
>>
>>34193727
Titanium Dioxide is in white pigments including expensive cake. Go lookup titanium its not bad for you.
>>
>>34193700
That's way more calories than you need. Save them for camping and emergencies. I love MREs but they are not good for you.
>>
>>34193700
My local army surplus store sells bring backs for $3 each. I've heard you can find as cheap as $1 each.

You have to realize that these are the cheapest form of food. Don't overpay.
>>
Try army navy stores. Try Craigslist. Don't buy them by the case.
>>
>>34193722
well considering going to grab fast food is like 10.00 its some savings for a lazy bastard
>>34193742
I just grabbed the image from google, I am just finishing case A. So far the only one I didnt liek was the pest pasta, but I dont like pesto anyway so I think it might be a personal thing.
>>34193727
from what I have been seeing they tend to be rated for around 1300-1600 per pack, but I dont eat everything in there. I am not a fan of the cheese spread for example. plus the candies and energy bars can be saved for later snacking.
>>
>>34193700
>I am about to order another case and wondered if any of you knew of a better place to purchase (as a civilian) other than amazon.
Do you even get it out on the tray, bro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3huIORWVmis
>>
>>34193742
Pork Sausage with Gravy. They are pretty decent.
>>
>>34193806
Stop snacking between meals fatass. If you eat an MRE you shouldn't be eating anything else that day.
>>
>>34193780
I have seen them for cheaper, but those tend to be a little older. I have been getting the 2017 inspection date line and DAMN these things are fantastic. but maybe my standards have been lowered from years of white cooking.
>>
>>34193700
My god, no. You are going to fuck your colon sideways and consume an ungodly amount of calories per meal.

You are better off having regular fast food.
>>
>>34193808
great video, thank you.
and nah, I wish I was as prepared as steve1989.
>>
>>34193844
from what I am seeing they tend to average 1300-1600 calories per pack. Hell thats just a little more than a big mac coke and some fries. and at least my farts have a little more substance to them lol
>>
>>34193700
i get what i suspect are fema surplus sopacko ones for $25 for a case of 14 from a local guy, 2016 dates, look around there are better prices on those.
>>
>>34193700

They probably aren't a bad substitute for fast food. Fast food is not healthy - I dare say less nutritious than MREs. Also, because fast food is becoming so expensive, the MRE choice might even be more economical if you can get them for under $7-8. With that said

>and have really been enjoying them in between kitchen cooked meals

Am I to assume that you have three square meals a day and often go out for fast food ON TOP of all that? Or is it that you just rarely have kitchen-cooked meals and subsist largely on fast food? If it's the former, I would suggest instead that you stop eating so much. Seriously.
>>
>>34193828

>You shouldn't be eating anything else that day

But that's fucking wrong, retard. Especially if you work. MREs are not meant to be a one a day meal. They're only in the low 1k calorie range.
>>
>>34193727
>2000+ calories

Noservice detected. Each component of an American MRE has calorie listings on it, and if you actually consume all of it (no one does because fuck their shitty powder drinks) then you end up with around 1500.

t. Muhreen
>>
>>34193922
lol nah. On average I really only eat once or twice a day as is and I wouldnt call them square by any measure. it's just me here so if I cook its probably just an omlette or something. I dont want to spend money on groceries that I dont eat, or leftovers that go bad before I can eat em all. It's more that I use the MRE option to supplement my diet so I dont waste money on delivery or going over to chipotle or something. I have a bit of a habit of getting fast food or delivery because it feels nice to have a meal that you didn't make completely yourself from time to time. Also due to some nerve damage from an accident I dont like having water on my hands, it dont feel right. but enough sob story.
>>
>>34193979
tv dinners are better and cheaper if you have a freezer.
>>
>best US MRE
Chili mac with m and m's
>worst US MRE
Veggie omelet with Charms
>>
>>34193936
the lemon lime is ok, as is the orange, but that lemonade kinda sucks. But I will agree the clumping powder definitely sucks.
>>
>>34193852
Nice!
>>
>>34193996
I dont have a microwave. If I did I would live off of microwave burritos. I did before and I dont trust myself to go back to that.
>>
>>34193926
Do you think the motherfucker to lazy to cook or even drive to get fast food is going to be doing a lot of manual labor? Someone who treats his self this shitty is definitely not exercising.
>>
Your buying them at retail?

Wew lad. I mean they aren't horrible but paying for them at that price? I can get much better food basically anywhere else, and I live in a rural place now.

t. 0311 who's survived off MREs

A survival cache, and dining on the reg are two different things.
>>
>>34194008
no oven?
>>
>>34193997
I wasn't fortunate enough to get the M&Ms, but that chili mac is the bomb. My only mistake with it was I added the entire ground red chili to the pack. I was hoping for tobasco level spice, I was NOT prepared.
WTF am I paying taxes on if they aren't supplying y'all with tobasco?
>>
>>34193996
You can if you hate your kidneys.
>>
>>34194008
Get a microwave. They aren't that expensive.
>>
>>34194002
y'all niggas don't know about deep throating that vanilla shake from out of the packet
>>
>>34194027
lol tell that to lord Mattis and maybe he would but more Tabasco and JalapeƱo cheese spread..... that and cigs and dip
>>
>>34194017
If you have buddy that is still in ask him to get case at the NEX or pay out the ass on amazon
>>
>>34194046
around $5 at garage sales, but burrito addiction rather than cost seems to be his issue.
>>
>>34194012
Not too lazy to cook, but washing dishes hurts. wah-wah. I walk most places since I dont have a car. I wouldn't say I do manual labor my any means but I do train wing tsun 4x a week with regular hikes to get into town. all in all im at about a 2400cal average expenditure if the calculators are correct. which if I think about it are pretty ehh.
>>34194017
Well I am not paying the 14.00+ per pack surplus store prices at least haha.
>>34194022
Yeah, got one of those at least. but I havn't seen too many tv dinners that dont eat like a light snack. plus after living off them as a kid I have no real desire for em.
>>
>>34194051
I haven't stumbled across the fabled jalapeno cheese spread, but if it tastes anything like the jalapeno cashews sign me the F*** up! and yeah the cigs probably help if you are prone to constipation. thats why I smoke hookah along with it. helps the regularity.
>>34194075
eh, burrito is more of a placeholder for all quick and easy microwave food. I try to avoid simple carbs if I can and from my experience that is most microwave food. But then again if I was super concerned about carbs I wouldn't be chowing down on these bad boys eh?
>>
>>34194155
How did you not have jalapeno cheese spread...

2007-2011. That shit was a staple of our diet.
>>
>>34194104
dishwashers are cheap to free on craigslist most places, and not too hard to install even if you rent. as someone not interested in food prep i subsist on cans of soup, chili, and vegetables i put in paper bowls and microwave along with frozen foods from aldis, easy and economical.
>>
>>34194170
I have like 5 packs of the regular cheese laying around here. maybe I just got unlucky. But they are really fun to play with since they have real thick plastic wrapping and viscous "cheese" inside. kinda like one of those squeezey eyeball desk toys.
>>
>>34194189
Yeah, but most conventional dishwashers are more of a glorified sanitizer than anything. Also I have one here as well. I should really just nut up and wash some goddamn dishes.
>>
>>34194207
they used to work before they banned phosphates.
>>
>>34193922
an egg mcmuffin or a mcdouble contains almost the perfect ratio of macronutrients: fat, carbs, and protein... and they both cost a little over a dollar. Two of those and you are set for an almost perfect meal at a little over 2 bucks. Or if you are savvy, you can get an even more nutritious meal without all the sodium by prepping large batches and portioning them out throughout the week: about 3 to 4 bucks a meal. To spend 10 bucks a meal on a regular occurance is very extravagant.
>>
>>34194284
This is why the other countries call us amerifats.
>>
>>34194048
I wasn't super blown away by the shake I got, but that pudding is where it's at! Although I am like 90% sure it's just cake batter.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.