[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a strong sword for when I go out into the woods to adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0107.jpg (54KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0107.jpg
54KB, 320x240px
I need a strong sword for when I go out into the woods to adventure around and chop up dead trees. Can I find a cheap steel sword or a steel great sword(one like Gut's Dragonslayer) that won't break just chopping up some dead wood?
>>
>>34192802
>chopping wood with a sword.
This is how i know your retarded. Get a fucking axe.
>>
>>34192802
yeah its called an Axe

its a newer type of sword but its specifically meant for chopping trees and ents
>>
>>34192812
It's just for fun, not for fires
>>
>>34192821
I'm no lumberjack. I want to cut down the tree using my own strength. A strong, dull sword is fine
>>
>>34192802
do you also use a gun to drill holes when putting up shelves?

Swords are not designed for chopping trees, you fucking idiot.

get an axe, like >>34192812 said.
>>
>>34192856
I'm just fucking up some dead trees like an autist. It's more fun to use/carry a sword
>>
It's not about chopping up the wood all properly for a fireplace about anything, it's about using a sword to get stronger by hitting dead trees with it. I don't care if it's not designed to chop down trees, I just want to swing the sword really hard through some dead woodz like my ancestors used to. I need a strong steel sword that won't break or bend. Specially one with a strong handle that's nearly as thick as the sword itself
>>
What the fuck are those swords with unsharpened edges? They were used by riders I think.
>>
https://www.zombietools.net/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itE3_p7Fxwg

go full autist, anon
>>
>>34192990
Oy vey, those prices....
I might just buy a thick slab of steel and pay someone to make it into a sword
>>
>>34193111
If you're gonna go there, all you need is a belt grinder, a furnace, a quench tank, and an hour researching quench temps. You could do a hackjob of cutting/shaping with the grinder and then do a shitty makeshift temper. it'll be cheap and it won't last, but it'll save you the money. A ZT weapon will last you your whole damn life.
>>
>>34193161
It's a bit too fancy for my tastes... a solid chunk of steel with a handle is good enough for me
>>
>>34193246
then what the fuck did you ask here for? just go to cabela's and buy a potmetal machete you fucking retard.
>>
>>34193255
I was thinking of doing that but it's not thick enough. I was hoping there would be a go-to great sword that would demolish fallen trees. I'm strong so my weapon should be the same
>>
>>34193271
look, Monsieur wannabe braveheart. Those potmetal machetes will last just about long enough for what you want to do and the resulting hacking away at the tree really will not be much different from that of "Muh swerd." you are not going through a tree in one stroke. the machete will be more than enough.
>>
>>34193329
The machete is lame af. I'll just buy some 4 inch thick steel at Home Depot and pay someone to make it into a ultra great sword
>>
>>34193346
have fun realizing you basically just went the long inefficient way to get something just as effective as the machete.
>>
File: Art_of_Chivalry_France14thc_BL.jpg (88KB, 530x358px) Image search: [Google]
Art_of_Chivalry_France14thc_BL.jpg
88KB, 530x358px
>>34192924
>it's about using a sword to get stronger by hitting dead trees with it. I don't care if it's not designed to chop down trees, I just want to swing the sword really hard through some dead woodz like my ancestors used to
But your ancestors didn't do that.

If they got stronger by chopping wood, it was by using an axe so that they could make a fire.

If your ancestors were hitting anything with a sword for practice, it'd be a pell.
>>
File: IMG_0104.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0104.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34193367
The weight of the great sword will crush fallen trees and be perfect for training traveling by foot in the Mountains.
I'm going on adventure, I need power, not something lavish but something worthwhile and adversarial. If I just buy 4 3 in x 36 in then fusing them together makes a great sword if sharpened and equipped with a handle. That would be dank if someone already made that though for like
$70
>>
>>34193346
>"Ultra great sword"
Fuck off back to /v/
>>
>>34193412
i bet u lvld dex u fagot
>>
>>34193410
>>>>>/tg/
>>>>>/v/
seriously how much of a turbo autist can you really fucking be? If you communicated that this bullshit was for LARPing in the first place someone would have been able to tell you this earlier:
click here:
http://www.budk.com/Swords-2883
acquire "blade of the autist" perk
close /k/
stay gone.
>>
File: 1 second your not.jpg (52KB, 964x541px) Image search: [Google]
1 second your not.jpg
52KB, 964x541px
>>34193388
WTF is a pell?
>>
>>34193481
>WTF is a pell?

A pell is a wooden post, such as a tree trunk, used for practicing swordplay (by striking it).

That's why this thread is so damn funny. Medieval guys learning to use swords would strike them against something CLOSELY RESEMBLING OP'S TREE TRUNKS.

OP ain't the stupid one here.
>>
>>34193449
I'm not exactly leaping desu, Vikings battled Natute constantly in their exploration of the North. I finally rented out my place so now I can afford to travel all the world's Mountains by foot. I need a weapon of great duribility and strength. Thanks for the practical website, might get a blade from there...but I think it would be cooler if I made a custom greatsword for training myself to my limits and beyond awakening the berserker rage from my Viking ancestors. After all, this is the real deal senpai
>>
>>34193447
kek
only ever did Black Knight Ultra + Stone Armor
Challenging
>>
>>34193523
11/10 troll.
>>
>>34193506
What swords would they use?
>>
>>34193553
Bastard Swords
>>
>>34192802

OP, look on Ebay or Amazon for
-Cold Steel Chinese Sword Machete
-Cold Steel Tactical Katana Machete

These are the closest to what you're looking for that won't cost a bundle and will hold up sort of well.
>>
>>34192812
*you're retarded
>>
>>34193553

Pells were around a long time and are still in use today (by SCA types). So a variety of slashing/cutting swords, any two-handed or "hand and a half" for example, but not the lightest weight ones or rapiers or whatnot.
>>
Dear OP,

If you think for one second that the shitty A36 steel you buy at Home Depot is going to do what you want, you're a COMPLETE idiot. A36 is cheap because it's made from all kinds of recycled steel and they can't guarantee exact properties.

A better starting point would be a leaf spring from a 1 ton truck (see your local junkyard). There are shops which can recurve or straighten springs for a nominal price. After that, start cutting, shaping and sharpening.
>>
>>34193579
The chinese sword machete despite the cheap look is really good at chopping shit.

Don't buy the katana.
>>
>>34193579
Damn, cold steel sells the Zweihander but its 300, nuthin' personnel I guess
>>34193626
Thanks very much. I will do exactly that
>>
>>34192802
>I need a strong sword for when I go out into the woods to adventure around and chop up dead trees
anyone have that video of the two fedoralords chasing down and killing a armadillo with a swap meet katana?
>>
>>34193661
I always make sure no one sees my weapon
>>
is this the newage of combat, where men go back to sword instead of gun?

I sure hope so.
>>
>>34192844
You're better off cutting bamboo and shit with a sword. Or even a cheapo hardware store machete

Don't cut urself
>>
>>34192802
Is this bait?
>>
>>34192802
Have you considered getting an axe? You could get a nice transforms axe for 1/10th the price of an Albion sword.
>>
>>34195088
Fucking jewpad, meant to say gransfors.
>>
This thread has got to be the worse I've seen... ever?
I dunno but between all the triggerred anons and the obviously baiting troll(>one like Gut's Dragonslayer), it's amazing how no one has caught on.
>>
>>34195215
I know it's bait, I just don't care anymore,
>>
OP >>>/out/1028556
>>
>>34195215
It's not bait. I learned that I can use a leaf spring to make a great sword like Guts had in the beginning of the Golden Age arch
>>
>>34192802
MACHETE
A
C
H
E
T
E
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.