[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me /k/ have you ever had an AD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 26

File: ad-car1.jpg (62KB, 689x382px) Image search: [Google]
ad-car1.jpg
62KB, 689x382px
tell me /k/ have you ever had an AD?
>>
Yes, he's 3 now.
>>
>>34192697
never while eating chinese food
>>
>>34192697
nope
>>
>>34192697
Nope.
>>
>>34192697
Yes but i had a chainsaw, duct tape, roll of plastic and a shovel. No one has found out yet.
>>
My brother shot off his wasr at a 45 degree angle about 3 feet from my face, shits scary.
>>
I've only had 6 in the 5 years of owning guns
>>
>>34192697
You mean a NEGLIGENT discharge.
>>
>>34192697
no ads no nds. yet.
>>
only 1
> be 12
> show ruger to younger sister
> its not loaded
> pull trigger and discharge .22 into the ceiling
> dad runs in and takes the rifle from me
> I was caught off guard by my my stupidity
> I stood frozen with my mouth open for 5 whole minutes
>>
>>34193156
The only thing wrong with this story is your dad didn't pistol whip you. Oh well, you were young, hopefully you learned.
>>
>>34193156

Did your dad at least smack you?
>>
>>34192709
predictable, but still...
>>
File: 1496892893839.png (400KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1496892893839.png
400KB, 3000x3000px
>>34192697
My cock had an AD into your mum's mouth
>>
>>34193082
That's 6 too many retard.
>>
File: Unique_with_longer_can.jpg (187KB, 1200x495px) Image search: [Google]
Unique_with_longer_can.jpg
187KB, 1200x495px
I have an old French semi-auto .22lr pistol I would carry in a shoulder pack, suppressed, at times when IWB was just not practical. Carrying this thing for several years. 'Just in case' sort of thing, as we have little actual violent crime here. Then one day I slippped the bag off my shoulder to grab a shopping bag out of it and the darn thing slipped right past my hand, hitting the floor of the grocery store. It was muzzle-up in the bag with no padding under the hammer, which is exposed on this pistol, though largely protected by a steel stirrup installed as a slide lock for single, quieter shots. A sound like a small teacup breaking made the shopkeeper glance down at the bag and ask "Is something broken?" I quickly picked it up and fished the shopping bag out of the now-smoke-filled main compartment and muttered something about it being okay, zipping the bag quickly shut and noticing the small hole in the nylon near the top of the zipper area. The slide lock I'd made for the pistol was engaged, as it always is while in the bag, so just empty brass in the chamber and hammer down. I packed my groceries while glancing upward once, briefly, to see if I could find damage to a lighting fixture or something, but the hole apparently blended in with those in the acoustical tile. A small line of dust fell about 3 feet to my left, near the counter, but he didn't notice.

I don't carry the pistol in that bag now, nor do I carry it in such a way that dropping a bag could cause another ND. I'm an idiot, obviously. Could have died or killed the clerk. Or my son, who was standing about 5 feet to my left... I will never forget this mistake. A guilt that will haunt me.it's cute how no one but me noticed a Remington Subsonic going through the ceiling, but beside the point. Can. Not. Happen. Again. During our walk home I explained the incident to my boy as a lesson in just how idiotic even his sainted father can be.
>>
>>34194041
>bag carry
>suppressed handgun
>22lr
>whoops I dropped it

Hooooly fuck you are special, or 100% full of shit.
>>
>AD
*ND
>>
>>34193297
>>34193265
when you smack a child that is the punishment. When you don't smack a child their action was the punishment and often they learn more from it.

Raising children and breaking horses are not mutually exclusive. However, you can only beat obedience into children not morality and soon as your punk ass aint around they're finger fucking all the cool shit they ain't allowed to touch.
>>
>>34194103
Special I suppose. Wish I was full of shit in this instance.
>>
>>34194041
that's pretty good. I guess I'll try to share a few of my stories about mishaps with firearms as I've never negligently discharged one.
Let's see, 19 years old with my second firearm ever purchased. A mossberg basic bitch shotgun. being that a case of 100 shells is like 20 bucks I naturally went shooting quite a bit. Everything from trash, to previously ejected shells were thrown into the air and fired upon. Occasionally I would fire upon stationary targets if the results would "probably be cool." One such time of a "probably be cool" target presented itself and I knew what must be done. Being the cheap poor fag with the cheap poorfag shotgun I only had cheap poorfag bird shot. So I assumed there was obviously an unsafe distance to shoot this probably cool target, aka a truck tailgate nicely bracketed as a target. So the first shot, I walked within 5 feet as I assumed the shot would probably punch through at this distance. It did, a nice 2 1/2 inch hole clean through the tailgate. Thinking to myself how fucking SAWEET it would be to make a bigger hole I stepped back to 20 feet and shot it again. put a huge six inch dent into the tailgate but none penetrated. The shot ALL came back in our direction, but I only received a small scrap on my arm and noticed some strikes on my legs that did not cut.

I was not wearing eye protection and could have very likely Christmas storied myself.
>>
>>34194239
Yikes. Bouncing lead is scary. So is stuff blasted by Tannerite, like that fool FPSRussian demonstrated, almost killing his cameraman with exploded vehicle schrapnel. (Cameraman later got offed in mysterious circumstances - anyone know anything solid about that yet?)
>>
>>34192697

Yeah; but my doctor said my new prescription should stop that.
>>
>>34194271
I too am curious, it was all around the time the government kicked in fps russias door.
>>
>>34193265
hitting your kids actually makes them retarded and more prone to violence which is why blacks have so much crime. but I guess it's too late for you, nigger.
>>
>>34192697
Yeah last night.
>>
>>34192697
No, I don't own a glock.
>>
>>34192697
Had my second one in five years of firearm ownership today. Scared me so much I can't sleep.
>>
Yes once when i was 15 or so
Iver always slept with a loaded gun next to my bed. Had a buddy stay the night and at some point he picked it up and chambered a round without my knowing. I got to pick it up a few days later bump the trigger and boom theres a hole in my dresser. My dad runs upstairs took all my guns and locked them up and hid the keys for a good while.
>>
>>34194137

>Mechanical failures are ND's!

Neck yourself
>>
>>34195457

That's an ND
>>
>>34194183
>when you smack a child that is the punishment
and the threat of future smacks if the child continues to do same thing
>>
>>34192697

>dad is new security guard
>gets one of those Smith And Wesson Glock clone, SD9VE something along those lines
>he's taught basics and I've handled
buddy's guns a couple times so I'm not completely retarded
>he shows me and mom the gun
>drops the mag and racks the slide and hands it to me
>I drop the slide and try to lock it back again
>fail because I'm retarded
>"yeah these are pretty alright pistols. it'll get the job done yada yada yada" he says as it takes it back from me
>he puts the mag back in and drops the slide
>pulls the fucking trigger
>a round cracks off in the living room
right by my mom's foot

'oh shit I didn't know that would load it'

I never have though. I'm so tight with my ammo, I wouldn't let any round escape the box or loaded mags.
>>
>>34194183
If my child were to ever make a post like that I'm beating him.
>>
>>34195500
OPs pick is an ND
>>
I haven't. But my Dad did.
Some set-up... I am in my late 30s and have always been i to guns. My Dad however, is a veteran, but apparently as an officer, never did anything with guns but use them and hand them off to some pleb to deal with. So when he retired, he never touched one again until last year.
Suddenly he gets into guns. Has a collection of 8 guns that have never been maintained or even left his safe in about 20 years.

So last xmas I am up in the midwest visiting, and he asks if I want to go to the range. I only brought an old milsurp rifle and my police surplus beretta, so I bring those, and he brings his whole collection. Everything is going fine until he gets out his shortened mossberg pumpgun. When he racks it though, it flips sideways and instantly goes off. In my direction. Didn't get hit, but it ate a nice little bite out of the divider between his lane and mine, and cause him to gingerly unload it, put it away, and take it to his gunsmith next weekend.

I love the man, greatest father in the world, but I am baffled as to
A) why he had so little interest in guns as a military man
B) why he would suddenly get an interest in them as he approached 70.
>>
>>34194271
>>34194578
I've talked to the cousin of the cameraman,seems like he was "suicided", if I remember well nothing was stolen at his home, even the numerous firearms at hand, but the safe had been opened (not forced) and emptied.
>>
>>34192697
I shot a hole through 3 walls in my house and would have been 5 if I didn't hit a window with a mosin because I was young and dumb enough to think mixing snap caps and live ammo was fine "as long as I don't pull the trigger right" lucky no one was home and sheet rock is easy enough to fix
>>
>>34197131
Well that's about where things stood last year, he got himself suicided by whatever agency, but all rumour and such no proof. Guess proof would be asking a bit much...
>>
>>34192697
>AD
it's not a AD, it's a ND, Negligent Discharge. Your gun goes off while it's in your hand, you did something you shouldn't have to make it go off. I have never had a ND, but I've seen other people do it. They lost rank for it too.
>>
>>34196437

Wasn't that from an infamous Glock 19 issue?
>>
>>34197192
I find dealing with damage like that is easier if I just imagine each wall is a nog that broke in to my house
>>
>>34192697
No ADs, no NDs yet but I have only been hasguns for just shy of a month now and have been doing loading and unloading drills with my only gun.

Will probably crawl back here with an "I fucked up /k/" if I do manage to put 00 buck through my wall.
>>
>>34197242

This is incorrect shit dick. Malfunctions beyond your control have been recorded tons of times. Hell you can find a very good example of one on YouTube of a guy who literally does everything right and it still AD's. There was multiple angles and an RO watching him right as it happened too.
>>
>>34194183

That was very well written and I agree with you
>>
>>34197262
It will only be threadworthy if you somehow get barrel stuck in anus or urethra
>>
>>34192697
I've had an AD but not an ND

>around when I first got into guns
>one of my first handguns was a hipoint
>loading it one day
>following the 4 rules
>finger off trigger
>pointed in safe direction
>target is floor
>treating gun as if loaded...because it is about to be
>rack slide to chamber it for carry
>as soon as round is in battery...
>BANG
>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>hole in carpet
>failure to eject
>unload and disassemble
>sear spring had 1/3 of its length broken off, allowing the sear to drop with no input

mechanical failure is a bitch. all in all, redundantly following the 4 rules saved life and property because of it.
>>
>>34195655
And when you are no longer around to smack him, the stick promoting negative behavior is wrong. There is certainly a valuable place for corporal discipline, but there should be some understanding that discipline and punishment are different things. You want your kid to not be a shit long after you are dead and in the ground.
>>
>>34197057
>why he would suddenly get an interest in them as he approached 70
could be any number of possible scenarios.
my best guess is he had an existing love that he sidelined when you came along and was able to revisit now he has more time to indulge in.
>>
File: 1488455297207.jpg (35KB, 628x504px) Image search: [Google]
1488455297207.jpg
35KB, 628x504px
>>34193336
>That's 6 too many retard.

If you haven't had an AD then you haven't shot enough firearms or have not been shooting firearms for long enough.

Accidental Discharges are the reason we go through all the safety measures when handling a firearm because they happen more frequent than people want to admit.

This shit happens. It can happen to pros. It can happen to servicemen. It can happen to first time gun owners.

No matter how trained or skilled you are shit happens.
>>
>>34197379
Probably not far off.
I've been out of the nest since I graduated high school, so that doesn't really fit. But maybe two years before he got into guns, he had a motherfucker of a vehicular accident. Almost killed him, put him in hospital for months while they pieced him back together.
Must feel like he's got a new lease on life.
>>
Happened to gun Jesus recently. Gun he was shooting out in the desert, working on an episode for YouTube, thing went off out of battery and put a piece of brass into his chest. Shit happens.
>>
>>34193334
This
>>
>>34194183
>When you don't smack a child their action was the punishment and often they learn more from it.
Unless they see nothing wrong with their action due to the fact that they're children. In the case of that ND you're right, I fully believe that a kid that recognizes they fucked up doesn't need any more punishments as long as they don't make the same mistake again but when my toddler smacks my 8 day old baby 3 times in one day there's a surefire way of dealing with it. Every time this comes up someone makes a sweeping statement about how spankings are wrong probably stemming from the way their step father beat them without realizing that it's not that simple and that kids aren't going to be rational or moral about everything and there's a tool that you can use for those instances. I choose to use them when there are safety issues or when my children attempt to refuse other punishments.

t. Father of three
>>
File: StopScrewinAround.jpg (22KB, 488x368px) Image search: [Google]
StopScrewinAround.jpg
22KB, 488x368px
>>34197391
>6 in 5 years
>shit happens

and one of these days that shit is going to kill your irresponsible ass

stop screwin around
>>
>>34197391
No, dipshit. In my 20 years of being a gun owner, I've never been so stupid to have my fucking finger on the trigger when I'm not ready to shoot. You are not the norm, and you need to improve before you hurt yourself or others.
>>
>>34197391
No, you get way to complacent. You don't need to be autistic with empty chamber flags, but every time you pick up a gun, you assume it is empty until proven otherwise.

Even true "Accidental Discharges" that arise from a mechanical failures are usually the fault of the gun owner. Usually resulting from poor maintenance. A gun owner is responsible for maintaining the gun, so a broken part is their fault.

Having a ND/AD make you a dipshit. Not learning from it, makes you a danger to everybody around you. If you can't understand that, sell all of your guns.

>>34192697
I have had one "AD" and I admit it was my fault. Shooting my Martini-Henry with my own handloaded ammo. Turns out I didn't seat a primer deep enough and the gun when off when closing the breach block. I am now compulsively autistic about primer seating in all of my ammo.
>>
File: 4bnSnTM.png (289KB, 545x580px) Image search: [Google]
4bnSnTM.png
289KB, 545x580px
>>34192697
>once when i was about 12 shooting clays
>when i shouldered the shotgun the motion made me pull the trigger
>just looked like i missed

>once when i was about 15 goose hunting
>safety on shotgun didn't disengage
>tried fingering it with insulated gloves on while still aiming
>accidentally pulled trigger the moment i disengaged it
>just looked like i missed

>once when i was about 20
>friend letting me shoot his new shotgun
>shoot it round
>rack another round
>pressure still on trigger
>round goes off
>first time i learned about ithica

>once when i was about 26 practicing with a bow
>brother let me try his release
>shit is set at like quarter pound pressure
>soon as i touch the trigger arrow gets lost in woods

>once when i was about 32
>doing pistol practice at my range
>short shot pistol on the draw

than again i assume i hunt and shoot far more than most people on /k/ considering i own property and a 'range'
>>
>>34197712
Wtf. Jesus. I'm 32 and never had one...

How old are you? I imagine your future:

>Once when I was 39

>Once when I was 44

>That time I accidentally shot my grandson when I was 55
>>
>>34197739
i'm 38

like i said i own my own property and i've been hunting since i was a little kid

i always assume i do more shooting in a year than most of /k/ has in their lifetime
>>
>>34194624
You didn't get hit enough.

>Blacks being beaten by their fathers
>Fathers

Ha.
>>
>>34197712
How old are you going to be when you finally learn the Third rule of gun safety?
>>
>>34197712
>>34197772
It obvious you get complacent. For fucks sake you have a pattern of ND's. Every 5-6 years you have one, which makes you due for one any day now.
>>
>>34197789
well after a few hours of doing pistol drills fatigue and stress start to kick in and mistakes can be made

it's why i exert myself alone on my property so if/when i'm in a situation where i have to draw i can learn from a mistake i've made

it's a lot easier to practice gun safety when you're in your lane firing 1 shot every second at a paper target
>>
>>34197057
My dad is almost the same way, but he was airborne infantry. I used to think he was on the lib side of guns, but he doesn't like ARs because he's "Seen what they can and will do to people."
>>
>>34194624
bullshit. that's because blacks hit their kids for normal child activity that is uncontrolled and doesn't reflect well on them. niggers try to be flashy and show each other up just to buy fucking groceries or run on a treadmill. children being happy and extroverted and trying to learn their environment is beat-worthy to a nigger because it isn't the right front for their personal image.

this has absolutely NOTHING to do with behavioral correction in races that don't have a shit IQ. white three year olds can learn cause and effect; when you smack them for reaching at an oven element so that their skin doesn't slide off their fingers, they learn the same thing as if they would have done it, without the permanent scars.
>>
>>34197826
>well after a few hours of doing pistol drills fatigue and stress start to kick in and mistakes can be made

In combat you wouldn't be drilling for hours.
Your training methodology is flawed. Copy professionals. You are an amateur. Amateurs have nothing to contriboot and everything to screw up.
>>
>>34192697
The only one ive witnesses was when my dad racked his remington automatic 12 gauge and it slamfired, luckily he always keeps guns pointed away from people and other things, its rubbed off on me as well
>>
File: 79875586.gif (1MB, 498x282px) Image search: [Google]
79875586.gif
1MB, 498x282px
>>34192697
Nope but I saw a few in the Army. The best was a legal clerk who had 5...yes that is FIVE ND's in a row into a clearing barrel. He just kept pulling the slide back and never dropped the fucking magazine.
>>
>>34194183
I listen to Stefan Molyneux too, senpai.
>>
>>34197712
>>34197772
>two as a kid
>three as an adult
>one with a bow
>in 38 years

None of these even sound unreasonable. If you've had your range for at least 6 years and you practice as much as you say I honestly don't see the problem. Pretty much every youtuber has had an ND/AD at some point even professional trainers have had them. If you shoot as much as you say the fact that you've only had 2 NA/ADs involving firearms in two decades as an adult doesn't seem unreasonable at all. Just remember that hardly anyone here actually shoots guns but everyone has an opinion on them.
>>
File: Dafuq.jpg (103KB, 1024x824px) Image search: [Google]
Dafuq.jpg
103KB, 1024x824px
>>34197826
Well after a few hours of doing pistol drills with stress and fatigue, you should have practiced keeping your finger off the trigger so well that it's the default spot for it to be when touching a firearm.

Bad habits like this can get people hurt, so I really hope you only end up hurting yourself when it happens because it's much easier to forgive yourself than have others forgive you. I must reiterate: This is only a matter of WHEN it happens based on what you've told us.
>>
>>34192697
Not really, the closest was when I was trying out my buddy's TP9SF. We were at the range, and I was shooting paper. I tried to test the trigger reset and it went off much sooner than I expected. I twitched, and it went off again. I was pointing it down range, and the bullet struck the target, but if I am honest, it was a moment I accidently discharged a firearm.
>>
>>34197895
They all can be prevented by following the correct habit to stop making the same mistake which is why it's silly to think it's inevitable.

Rule 3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.

Shit's basic gun safety techniques, hunter safety 101.

Every negligent discharge is negligent.
>>
>be 18
>bought a CETME
>friend wants to shoot it on his property
>We we loading 5 rounds into the magazine at a time, rather than dump a box of ammo each time we had a turn
>friend's goat walks out onto the range, I point it out
>friend is loading magazine and talking about the goat, didn't keep count of how many rounds he put it
>we shoo the goat off and as he's firing, the goat walks back into the line of fire
>after friend shot his fifth round, he points the rifle he thought was unloaded at the goat and jokes that the goat is lucky that he's out of ammo
>friend pulls the trigger, blows the goat's intestines out, dumb fucker falls to the ground and bleeds out after spending quite a bit of time screaming in agony

That was a dark time for my friend, and I don't think he ever recovered mentally from it. That goat suffered more than any animal I've ever hunted, but my friend just froze up instead of at least having the decency to put the goat out of it's misery.
>>
>>34197896
>you should have practiced keeping your finger off the trigger so well that it's the default spot for it to be when touching a firearm.

Jesus Christ anon have you ever drawn your carry piece under duress? The one time I had to draw I drew on a black bear that fell ass first out of a tree when I was on a hike. First thing I did was draw and then chamber a round even though I already had a round in the chamber.

Your logic and muscle memories gets a jolt of real life when you're shitting your pants.
>>
>>34194624
Depends whether you cross the line between a couple of slaps to the ass to scare them or beating the shit out of them. Blacks usually belt/beat the shit out of their kids.
>>
>>34197957

>my friend just froze up instead of at least having the decency to put the goat out of it's misery.

Why didn't you?
>>
>>34193156
>pulling trigger
>accidental discharge
kys
>>
>>34197983
He was still holding my rifle, and I was afraid of trying to take a loaded rifle from him. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little frozen up myself and looking back, I wish I was man enough to tell him to give me the rifle and do the right thing.

Just thinking about it makes my eyes a little watery. This wasn't just a goat, this was his mother's goat, who she saw as a pet rather than just a farm animal
>>
>>34192697
One ND:
>be 13
>be shooting with dad at the range
>using his Kimber 1911 - dad's not a fudd but he is very set in his ways
>try to thumb hammer down for some stupid 13-year-old reason
>hammer slips, bullet goes whizzing off into the sky
>embarrassed as fuck, but move on
>dad beats me with Kimber when we get home

Had two AD's, both with the same gun. One of my old beater 10/22's has a really worn sear, and if you jostle it just right it will fire. First time it happened, it was just aimed downrange and hit the backstop normally. Second time was a few weeks later and put a little hole in my friend's tailgate. I've since cannibalized the gun for parts to build another less shitty 10/22.
>>
File: 1492625164921.jpg (255KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1492625164921.jpg
255KB, 680x680px
>>34197857
That's fucking incredible. The absolute stupidity of some people in the military is outstanding to me.
>>
File: 1473553345192.gif (104KB, 437x430px) Image search: [Google]
1473553345192.gif
104KB, 437x430px
>>34197711
Not to completely look like a dick while I derail the thread or anything, but I have a Martini-Henry and want to actually shoot it.

What stuff is required to load it right, or do you have any videos or links to some info about it?
>>
I had an ND a while back. Shot a hole in my buddy's kitchen. I didn't drop the mag, pulled the slide back to verify empty chamber, chamber was indeed empty, mag wasn't. I felt like the biggest idiot alive. Luckily nobody got hurt.
>>
>>34197712
You need to stay away from shotguns.
>>
Actually ND'ed in a defensive situation. Attempted burglary, I ran downstairs, gun at low ready, saw front door open, walked toward it when the guy popped back in to grab another load of stuff. It startled me and I pulled the trigger, shot him in the thigh. Cops arrested him, never mentioned anything to me other than "it was a good thing you were armed and prepared."

Still have no idea where my lifetime of good trigger discipline went. Scared me quite a bit.
>>
>>34198057
Adrenaline, it's a helluva drug.
>>
>>34192697
When I was a dispatcher a couple of years ago one of our officers was eating lunch with us. He was telling us that if you put a pencil in the barrel of an unloaded glock and dry fire it, the pencil will shoot out and get stuck in the ceiling. So we said bullshit, and he said he'd prove it. Long story short, he didn't check to see if it was unloaded and ended up shooting a hole in the ceiling of the cafeteria.
>>
>>34198020
IV8888 actually has a really good video on loading the ammo. British muzzle loader also has a very good video on how to load the ammo. For exact questions go to castboolist forum (they are very newbie friendly).

You need at least
>Dies (Lee are the most common and cheapest)
>Press capable of using larger than normal dies (not all presses can, Lee RCBS and Redding make presses that can)
>Casting pot (i use a lee 10lb bottom pour pot)
>Mold in .468 (unless you want to paper patch)
>lubrisizer & proper sizing die (again unless you want to paper patch)
>lead
>brass (you can covert 24 ga shotshell hulls but it is labor intensive and you will lose a bunch)
>blackpowder (I have yet to find safe smokeless loads that I would trust)
>filler (cotton balls are what i use)
>wad punch (i use a cheapo 12mm punch for my wads)
>lube for grease cookie (optional but makes clean up a breeze)
>primers

The buy in for reloading equipment, like most black powder cartridges, is higher than the cost of the gun. Material costs per shot for me end up being something like 50 cents not including brass.
>>
>>34198057

Trigger disciple is a Range Safety Rule........
>>
File: Bitchin'.png (3KB, 408x240px) Image search: [Google]
Bitchin'.png
3KB, 408x240px
>>34198146
Thanks, friend!
>>
My dad put a 12 gauge blast of birdshot through the kitchen ceiling when I was in college while "cleaning" a Benelli (read: fucking around with it) but no, I am pretty careful with my guns
>>
>>34197391
No...Safety procedures prevent NEGLIGENT discharges. Accidental discharges are when the gun or ammunition is faulty, despite the user being safe.

Sounds like you have 6 NEGLIGENT discharges, and should kill yourself.
>>
>>34192697
Friend had one. He decided to "polish" action of his Colt Navy day before shooting.

Since he always shot it as soon as it was loaded, he always loaded six. When he tried to go from half to full cock, hammer just fallen as if trigger was pulled.

You could argue if it was true AD, since he did modified action, but it's closes I ever got to one irl.
>>
File: Whoopsie.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Whoopsie.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>34192697
Do not clean guns and watch tv at the same time. You get distracted.
>>
>>34194183
When you smack a child, BOTH are the punishment. Its not like smacking him magically erases all guilt. Besides, children have to be taught to feel guilt. Just wishing that they feel bad for themselves is the weakest, pussiest parenting I've ever heard of. Please don't reproduce.
>>
>>34197057
My parents did the same thing. Both military, both had guns, but had little interest in them. I got real big into guns around college age. As they neared 70 as well they started taking a huge interest in guns. It wasnt until I realized that we had been talking more often and going to the range together that i realized they got into guns to spend more time with me. All of a sudden we had common interest, endless to talk about, and a hobby that allowed us to spend lots of time together. If your parent seems to all of a sudden take a huge interest in one of your hobbies during their twilight years, spend all the time you can sharing your hobby with them. That's what they want, and you'll certainly regret it if you don't.
>>
File: 1487104684141.png (253KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1487104684141.png
253KB, 499x499px
>>34192796
Kek, took me a second. Good one l
>>
>>34193082

Good thing being retarded is protected by the 2a
>>
>>34192697
don't dick around with your guns and put them out of reach if you're going to be drinking.
>>
One that could be considered close to an ND.

I was out in the desert alone shooting my .45 among other things. I was busy putting fuddy fave into the hillside.

I wasn't totally used to it yet and I had an over reaction to recoil of one shot. My finger left the trigger enough to reset and then pulled it again at a 45 degree angle.

There was nothing for miles but empty rugged desert mountain.

I still felt like a dumbass. So I finished my day with .17 hmr instead.
>>
>>34192709
FPBP
P
B
P
>>
>>34198563
Also, I know no one was back there. Early December in northern Utah at 11 am on a Wednesday. I was the only person for miles.
>>
>>34197712
Sounds like you need better trigger discipline dude
>>
>>34198057
I don't think I'd call that an ND anon considering you were defending your property.
>>
I haven't but my dad has at least 3 times that I know of. Imagine a Mexican version of Guy Fieri
>be father's day
>local range is packed but friend works there and get a lane
>unpack rifles and handguns, making sure I brought everything I needed
>dad asks if we can get pic together
>sure why not
>pulls out his glawk
>points up and ND's into the ceiling
>get ass chewed out by RO, have to pay a fee and had to leave
Best 350 I've ever spent

Another occasion
>be me and dad at range
>helped dad build first AR
>go to new, nicer range
>range has rule if you out gun on rack, must leave bolt open or have chamber flag
>dad didn't do either to AR
>RO asks dad if gun is safe
>"Yeah guy let me show you"
>proceeds to flip Safety off and pull trigger
>again ND's into ceiling
>RO gets pissed and tells us to leave
>this time don't get charged for damages but dad was not allowed to go back
>dad complains whole drive home about being treated unfairly

Literally last week
>go to dad's house
>asks if I can clean his guns because he doesn't know how
>got nothing better to do
>also asks if I can see his revolver
>sure pops, is it that new one you bought?
>"yeah it's in the safe let me grab it"
>follow him to room with safe, opens and grabs it
>"i think the spinner (cylinder) is buste-"
>BANG
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>get to take dad to hospital to get lead shrapnel out of his arms

I know keep my dad's guns in my house
>>
>>34198855
Your father shouldn't own guns
>>
I simply do not get this shit, how in the hell do you accidentally discharge. Been around guns all my life, never once have me or any immediate family done this. By the time it happens its too late too often and this shit gives them a bad wrap
>>
>>34199035
Almost every story has something in common.
>The user got too complacent around guns
Half of the stories come from people raised in fudd families without proper respect for guns beaten into them at a young age.
The other half are first gen gun owners who never had anybody beat the respect for guns into them.

The thing is, a true, out of the users control, accidental discharge is fucking next to impossible. Somewhere down the line of events, the user got lazy or complacent and that led to the eventual discharge.
>>
>>34198878
He really shouldn't, I was really the first person in the family to like firearms. After college I worked at a gun store for two years and we had some strict policies.
The one I got knicked at first was checking every single firearm so it can be clear. We would get write ups if we didn't do it properly or at all.
Now I do it it every single time a firearm is given to me, my dad never picked it up no matter how many times I've told him.
>>
>>34199140
https://youtu.be/-FhFw86Xk7o
>>
>>34199140
next to impossible, agreed. I had a friend say he accidentally shot his tv ebcause he thought the cylinder spun the other way. beyond stupid. I do not shoot with him anymore.
>>
Yup, it can happen. I am a little more careful now.
>>
No. Kinda. One time in boot camp I was 90+ though my trigger pull on 500yd prone and i let it break at "C - BANG - EASE FIRE"

I got snatched up so fucking quick. I thought I was going home for like a week. I got fucking annihilated every day.

But nothing other than that. I've accidentally/absentmindedly put my finger on a hot trigger, but always immediately recalled the state of the weapon and actively cleared it if necessary.
>>
>>34195145
Explain
>>
My buddy threw a .17 round on the ground in front of me and it went off, I fucking hate that guy
>>
>>34199267
Out of battery discharge is all he said, not how it happened. Doesn't tell you how, could have been a hangfire that he cleared way too early (his fault), improper maintenance (owners fault) or broken part (should be found during maintenance).
/k/ may worship gun Jesus like he is the real Jesus but he is still human and can make mistakes.
>>
>>34192697
I don't make a habit of accidentally grabbing my gun, accidentally pulling it out of the holster, accidentally putting my finger on the trigger, accidentally taking off the safety if you're into that, and accidentally pulling the trigger when I didn't actually want to shoot
>>
>>34199667
Guess I racked the slide twice by accident. Ruined my 70 inch TV. But going to upgrade to a 5500 TV.
>>
>>34200535
Scary thing it went through the TV then the living room wall then through my bedroom wall and possibly past that, ordered an endoscope to see if I can find it.
>>
>>34200568
this is the gun that did it.
>>
File: 20170607_211053_compressed-3.jpg (2MB, 2419x3225px) Image search: [Google]
20170607_211053_compressed-3.jpg
2MB, 2419x3225px
>>34200659
>>
>>34194041
That is scary shit man, with your kid there? That would keep me awake at night.
>>
>>34192697
No, I'm not retarded.
>>
>>34197772
I don't want to be nasty but that is a lot of mistakes. I am 12 years older than you, shooting unsupervised since I was 15. I shoot/hunt a lot and I had 1 negligent discharge when I was 18 and it still shames me. Nothing was hurt but my ego. You need to change your habits before its too late.
>>
ITT: 95% negligent discharges / 5% malfunction or accidental discharges

If the gun fires because youre dicking around with mechanisms involved in firing, youre NDing

If your pistol drops off the desk and pops off a round, youre ADing
>>
>>34198393
Maybe clear your gun like a normal person so you can safely multitask, ya dingus
>>
>>34193156
>its not loaded

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34197391
>If you haven't had an AD then you haven't shot enough firearms or have not been shooting firearms for long enough.
you sound like thos faggots I served with who were all "DURR, your not a real soldier unless you've been busted at least once!" What ever lie helps you sleep anon.
>>
>>34192697

I had a roommate about 25 years ago who had just gone through the police academy (as had I, we were in the same class) and he had three accidental discharges in 1 month. Never had a problem prior to that and as far as I know he's never had a repeat of that since but for a while I was fucking scared of living there.

On one day he was showing some friends of ours a shotgun he'd just put the finishing touches on. Lots of bolt-on shit and I heard him in his room clearing. He was counting rounds as he kicked them out, lost count and BOOM! Put a hole in his ceiling, a bigger hole in the floor to my bedroom, and a big-ass hole in my closet door.

Not even two weeks later he's getting ready to go to work and accidentally puts two rounds of 9mm through the wall in his bedroom. We went next door to verify that no one was hurt and the guy who answered the door was covered in sheet rock dust. He'd been asleep in his bed and never knew what happened. Rounds went through about two feet over him.
>>
I've never had an ND (shooters fault) but i've had an AD (mechanical)

I discovered that the Remington Mod11 can slamfire if you seat a round and drop the bolt. Racking it and letting one go, or setting one in it is fine, but if it's chambered and the bolt hits it, you get an AD because it's free-floating.

>Still to this very day I think i've solved the Kurt Cobain case, as this was never investigated as a probable cause.
>>
>>34201244
Shit was pointed downrange of course. I keep em all unloaded unless at the range or carrying. Still dug a foot deep hole in front of the bench about 5 feet ahead of me.
>>
>>34200841
Well, I did have trouble sleeping that night, but I've been okay since. Each day since I've gone through it in my head to remind myself that not only can such things happen, but that I allowed it to happen and that it could easily have cost my son his life. Carrying a weapon of some kind at my age is becoming something of a priority just in case bad guys decide to victimize me or my family. But my first priority must be focused on not contributing to dangers by my own careless actions.
>>
>>34197391
You sound like a fucking jackass
(Assuming you aren't just trolling on this Taiwanese sock knitting forum)
>>
>>34197539
As a heavily abused child I agree with you. There comes a time to strike someone under explicit circumstances but unnecessary beatings don't teach anything and tend to dissociate the impact of violence, causing an increase in violence meted out, which in turn causes the abused to not understand equivalent responses.

The government still lets me buy guns.
>>
Grandfather Passed a few years back, willed me a 1887 Double barrel 16 gauge. Put the gun in my safe, where it sat for a few years, finally wanted to shoot it. took it to my friends father who is a fairly successful gunsmith/Dealer. He gave it a once over, we broke it all down and cleaned and oiled her up. he sold me a few boxes of shells. Took the shotgun to my local range with a few of my favorites. shot for about a half hour until I picked up the double barrel, slipped two shells in and as soon as I close the breech, both barrels go off. This blows one massive hole in the plywood above me. Range master calls a cease fire and runs over... super embarrassing, gun now has two new firing pins
>>
>>34198004
he was jealous of the attention the goat was receiving, so he subconsciously decided to murder it
>>
File: 1459933630106.jpg (2MB, 3362x2238px) Image search: [Google]
1459933630106.jpg
2MB, 3362x2238px
>>34192709
Ok, you got me and my sides
>>
>>34193115
>negligent discharge- pulling the trigger when you did not mean to causing it to discharge in an unsafe manner
>accidental discharge- failure of the firearms mechanism causing it to discharge in an unsafe manner
>>
I had an OOBD when I was 16. Today I'd call it an ND because I mishandled the gun to make it happen. There are VERYfew incidences where it's truly accidental or unavoidable.

>brother buys WASR
>we go shoosting innawoods
>couple mags in, decide to stop for snack
>take out mag
>slowly rack bolt back
>last round comes out of chamber
>tilt gun over to left side
>round flips, nose at me, and gets cought by dust cover
>bolt handle slips
>bolt drives round forward
>primer hits front trunion
>steel case erupts, shrapnel imbeds into my forearm
>almost shit myself
>keep shooting after we clean receiver out
>>
I once loaded a low power blank into my shottie and was going to wake my room mate up with it for being a little shit and not doing the dishes. On the way to his room I, of course, tripped and pulled the trigger when I tried to catch the gun. I learned that even weak loads are loud as hell and are very smokey.

Nearly gave my room mate a heart attack though, so I did that right at least. Only ND I ever had over 7 years owning guns.
>>
>>34193156
>its not loaded
Come on now
>>
For all of you idiots still confused about what an ND is versus an AD, or for some reason don't believe AD's are even real:

ND:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0

AD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADGyglYqeoM
>>
File: 1482572573377.jpg (81KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482572573377.jpg
81KB, 640x640px
>>34203668
That example would be negligent as well.

You failed to properly inspect and maintain your firearm to such a degree that it degraded to the point a part failed.

You were negligent.

Accidental Discharge is an unloaded disassembled firearm sitting on the 50 yard line of an empty stadium going off.
Negligent Discharge is everything else.

TL;DR
If it goes off when it shouldn't, it's your fault because you were negligent.
>>
I have VD into someones car.
>>
File: 20170527_142735.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170527_142735.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>34192697
Yes and here is the story
>Be me going home for a week during summer vacation to visit family
>get all my guns together and put a blanket over them in my truck so no one will see them if they look into the truck
>Friend calls up asking for help to move some stuff. I agree
>Move fridge and chair into my bed and a table over the guns that were covered by the blanket.
>finally get done around 10:30PM after moving and doing some shit.
>Go out to car and forget to grab table.
>Grab it but it gets stuck on something
>lift it and then BOOM
>My fucking Mosin went off in my car going through my car door and into a tree my car was parked in front of.
>404 ear drums not found.
>Friends come out make sure I am ok.
>Neighbor comes out from across the street who is also my boss
>MFW i felt so embarrassed
At least no one it hurt and no I got a nice bullet hole in my car door I get to fix now.
>>
accidental discharges and negligent discharges are the same thing

even if you demand they should be separate, an accidental discharge would be the gun literally going off by itself due to a mechanical failure of some kind, but even that is still negligent since you should have stored it unloaded
>>
so basically what ive gathered from this thread is that americans don't know how to safely handle firearms
>>
>>34206193
AD and ND are the same thing the same way that running someone over with your car while you're drunk and being run over by a drunk are.
>>
>>34206279
If you have an "AD" it's still your own negligence that led to it for keeping such a shoddy gun loaded when you aren't explicitly ready to fire it.
>>
>>34206279
It's more like the difference between hitting something with your car because you're drunk versus hitting someone with your car because you haven't gotten your car serviced since you bought it and the throttle pinned down.

It's still your fault for maintaining your car in a shitty way (or not at all) and for not keeping positive control of it despite the potential for a part failing.
>>
>>34206288
What are you even talking about? Whos having guns go off randomly when they are sitting in the safe?
>>
>>34197260
No. The guy reholstered like a tryhard into a garbage(Galco) soft leather holster.
>>
File: 1493519096538.gif (547KB, 470x264px) Image search: [Google]
1493519096538.gif
547KB, 470x264px
>>34197957
Your friend is a dumb ass
>>
>>34197772
Irrelevant. You have garbage trigger discipline as described by your stories. Tighten the fuck up yahoo.
>>
>>34206356
people who claim to have "AD"s claim that their guns just go off by themselves. Even if they do (which they didnt 90% of the time and it was still user error) then it's the owner's fault for keeping a gun loaded and pointing it at stuff they aren't ready to kill or destroy.
>>
>>34197712
>americans think it's okay to be this unsafe with a gun

if you got into a car wreck every 5 or 6 years you wouldn't be allowed to have a car at all anymore in most places
>>
>>34197962
You're a retard and you're making yourself look even more stupid with each post. You obviously don't practice as much as you say you do because you wouldn't fuck up as badly as you do. If you don't practice your draw with your finger clear of the trigger until on target, YOU ARE PRACTICING DANGEROUSLY POOR TECHNIQUES AND HAVE NO BUSINESS TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOUR ACTIONS.
>>
>>34204335
You sure about that? Are you telling me that factory defects that cant be detected without specialized equipment dont exist? Or how about free floating fireing pins with bad ammo from the factory? You cant say that a new out of the box firearm and new out of the box ammo is NEVER bad from the factory. And you also cant say that factory defects are always noticeable.
>>
>>34206549
You know those are issues that can arise.

Why are you still leaving your gun loaded and pointed at things you don't intend to fuck up?
>>
>>34198103
You guys just watched him stick a pencil on the barrel of his pistol without reminding him to check? This is why people don't trust police.
>>
>>34206568
You fail to realise this can happen chambering a round while pointing down range or at the ground for carry pistols. Im not talking about setting a gun in a safe. Im talking about actuating the firearm in order to use it safely, but the firearm or ammo itself is bad. Dingus.
>>
>>34198364
If it's not fucked from the factory it's an ND. He negligently modified his pistol without testing it's function safely.
>>
>>34206586
>Im talking about actuating the firearm
User error if it goes off before intended

you did a thing to it, and then it went off. who can you blame there?

even worse since before playing with your gun you should give it a function test or two to make sure everything is working correctly. just like how in driving school, they dock you points for not doing a walk-around of your car before getting in. if you get into an accident because of the car, it's your fault for not checking if the car works first. if you get an ND, it's your fault for not checking the functioning of the gun before loading it.
>>
>>34206605
Dude. Badly seated primers from a factory. Load ammo into ar15. Rack bolt aiming down range. gun goes boom because free floating fireing pin doesnt slow down enough before contact with primer. I dont have a micrometer for testing every single round i own. Nor should i be required to, thats what the rules of safety are for. When an accidental discharge happens nothing is hurt. You act like im not an autist when it comes to the quality and function of my firearms. But factory defects do happen. To be clear, these are hypothetical possibilities. I personally have never had an ad or nd, i just realize they happen, and the rules of firearm safety exist specifically to mitigate AD's.
>>
>>34206485
Just because someone claims an AD instead of a ND doesn't mean that's what it is. Look up the definition. You can put a lawyer-esque spin on anything in an attempt to place the responsibility where you want it to be but that doesn't change the difference in the two.
>>
>>34206605
>you must strip and detail check every function of the gun as well as clean each component before each round to ensure that when loaded it will not malfunction.

you are legit retarded
>>
>>34206642
YOU made the decision to load YOUR gun with YOUR ammo that YOU bought.

You're not expected to test it all with a micrometer, but if your gun is firing rounds off just when cocking, that's something in your gun that you need to get checked out.

That also wouldn't be an ammo problem, that sounds like either your firing pin is defective in some way where it should be doing that all the time (i.e. it's too long, or is somehow jammed in a forward position), or the hammer let go when the action returned forward. The latter is vastly more likely than the former, and something you'd catch with a function test. The free-floating pin, going forward, shouldn't go faster than the bolt, and shouldn't have enough energy to set off a primer. It's free-floating and very light. The energy to hit the primer hard enough to set it off comes from the heavier and spring-loaded hammer.

So even in your hypothetical, it's still your fault, and you don't even seem to understand how your gun works, and apparently didn't test it to see if the hammer stays back properly, and/or last time you cleaned it you might have assembled it improperly and jammed the firing pin forward. Both being your fault.

And that's all assuming that's what actually happened, and that you didn't just have your finger on the trigger.

Accidents involving mechanical failures are inherently negligent because you neglected to service your rifle properly.

>>34206691
>he doesn't function test his gun when he intends to fire it
you are legit retarded
>>
>>34201193
Its amazing he's allowed to police the public. Loser can't even police his index finger. Where you from so I make sure I never go there.
>>
File: donkey show.jpg (11KB, 443x262px) Image search: [Google]
donkey show.jpg
11KB, 443x262px
>>34206691
>americans don't clean or test their guns
>>
>>34201145
>"DURR, your not a real soldier unless you've been busted at least once!"
wtf is that a thing? I've heard that you're not a real soldier unless you've gotten hurt somehow but never that you should be breaking rules or being unsafe
>>
>>34206699
You sound like a no guns bud. Are you aware that in order for you to know that your gun is fireing off rounds without trigger pulls, you MUST have a AD? You either catch the tiny defect before hand, or it AD's.
>>
File: ddb.jpg (20KB, 488x480px) Image search: [Google]
ddb.jpg
20KB, 488x480px
I wouldn't exactly call this a ND/AD, since no round actually fired, but:

>be 9
>out inna desert with my dad
>dad breaks out his trusty Winchester .30-.30 that he's had ever since he was a kid
>offers to show me how to load/operate/shoot it
>load 8 rounds
>shoot 7
>rack it the last time
>click
>rack it again
>click
>think that the last round was ejected somehow, couldn't find it though
>check inside, no sign of any rounds
>rack it a few times more just to be sure nothing was inside
>hand rifle back to dad when the hammer was back
>he cycles it open
>round in the chamber
>mfw

Dad was furious at me at first for handing a loaded gun with the hammer back to him. Though he eased up on me when he realized that his old rifle was literally malfunctioning. Apparently even when cycling the action all the way back as you're supposed to, rounds would get stuck in the tube and frequently prevent a feed, throwing you off.

Though the experience cemented my deep mistrust for old guns, and physically/finger inspecting any weapon I get or hand over before declaring it unloaded.
>>
Not me but step dad.
>be me like, there years ago. 17.
>famalam out shooting on some shitty desert range in Nevada
>shooting stationary clays with .40 SW M&P
>miss cuz aim was shit
>step dad takes gun from me saying I suck
>misses then hear pin strike but no discharge
>huh missfire.
>finger off trigger and gun down. Starts walking around casually
>everyone has hearing protection out
>BANG
>.40 SW discharged into the sand maybe a foot at most away from right foot and six inches or less from his.
>freakthefuckout.jpg
>tells me to not complain, his foot was close
>almost got .40 hollow point to the foot
>>
>>34192697
Had a musket go off when I grabbed it to shoulder it, didn't even have powder in the pan just a large static shock from my jumper set it off.
>>
>>34206740
>You either catch the tiny defect before hand, or it AD's.
Yes, you should have, it's your gun, why are you not checking it over before firing?

You keep saying "OMG I HAVE TO FIND THE DEFECT!!" as if it's some huge imposition. Yeah. You have a dangerious piece of kit there. Make sure it works before using it.
>>
>>34206781
>static setting your gun off

That's fucking horrifying.
>>
>>34206789
You cannot accurately tell if something works 100% until you chamber and fire a round. Thats like saying that i can make sure 100% that my car is going to work WITHOUT starting the car. I can be very very sure, but not 100%.
>>
File: 1495459913777.jpg (149KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1495459913777.jpg
149KB, 803x688px
>>34206781
>>34206791
Imagine how common it was back in the day when everyone wore wool and muskets were the only real firearm around.

Pic related was nearly me, haven't fired my musket since and it's been ~2 years
>>
>>34204335
>Let me just field strip and inspect every component before chambering each round
You don't know what you're talking about. Any number of factors can lead to an accidental discharge, and while some can be avoided with extreme due diligence, most people aren't going to religously inspect every component for minor defects that could lead to a catastrophic failure at the range. I always disassemble and inspect my firearms any time I have a malfunction such as a misfire, light primer strike, or even a failure to eject or a double feed.
>>
>>34206807
In your hypothetical, the firing pin somehow struck the primer of a round on its way forward in the bolt group.

That is TRIVIALLY easy to check for; when reassembling the bolt after cleaning it, you push the bolt face in to make sure it moves nicely, right? The firing pin should be able to move freely in its enclosure, and when the bolt face is in, it shouldn't poke through if the bolt is tilted down. Alternatively, you should be able to poke it in so the bolt face is flush and flat and not a shape where it'll set off a round.

If the pin shows through and won't go rearward enough that it can safely chamber a round without smashing the primer and setting it off prematurely, there's an issue and you need to take it apart and put it back together again.

It's not even like you have to meticulously take it apart and lovingly inspect every component, this is something you should be able to see when you're just doing routine cleaning.
>>
>>34206717
>>34206717
>/k/ advocating cleaning and detail stripping your guns after every round is fired
a magical place
>>
>>34206826
>Let me just field strip
You know why it's called a field strip? Because you can do it in the field, and should to clean and lube it up and make sure everything works.

If you haven't gone shooting in a while, you should probably make sure everything works before going to fire.

Guns also don't just randomly fail like that. 99% of the time when you have an "AD", it's something you did. Just like jamming; 90% of the time, it's because you're shitty at loading mags, didn't pull the charging handle far enough, rode the action forward, or did something else that directly led to it feeding badly.
>>
>>34206844
But in my hypothetical, the primer is seated too far out of the round, causing improper headspacing. The bolt shoves the round further forward, impacting on the primer, and is then shortly thereafter struck by the firing pin. It's not guaranteed to go off, but its a real possibility.
>>
>>34206873
>the primer is seated too far out of the round, causing improper headspacing.
It still wouldn't go off by itself, the pin needs to strike the primer with quite a bit of force, and if the primer isn't seated properly, it's probably just not attached correctly and will be shoved in. A misfire when you do pull the trigger is more likely.

And all that aside, YOU bought shitty ammo for YOUR gun. YOU loaded YOUR magazines with YOUR ammo that YOU bought from the chinese grocery store. You have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>34206844
Seriously, have you ever owned anything mechanical? Materials are not impervious to wear and can spontaneously fail during use. It's not like this is fallout 3 and you have a handy dandy little durability bar. The real world means that nothing is exact. It's the reason you can pick locks, the machining, no matter how well done, is never perfect. You cannot reasonably expect everyone to be able to see inside of metal and see the beginnings of a micro fracture.
>>
>>34206862
>let me just field strip and inspect every component before chambering each round
Sorry pal, context matters, stop cherry picking. I specifically said that I personally DO field strip my firearms at the range any time that I have a malfunction. I also agree that accidental discharges are rare (I've never had an accidental or negligent discharge).
>>
>>34206893
Making a lot of assumptions bud. The road of assumptions is lined with coffins. Complacency goes both ways. Not realizing that metal can fail during use, but look fine beforehand means that you have a very real possibility of having a AD happen that you arent prepared for.
>>
>>34206897
>Materials are not impervious to wear and can spontaneously fail during use.
If you are letting your shit go so far that it's about to spontaneously fail, you're a shitty owner. If you're worried about shit spontaneously failing, then test it before use.

If you get a new bike made out of jank parts, you're gonna spin the pedals by hand and test the brakes and move the derailleurs around and shit before giving it an actual ride, right? When looking at a new used car, you have a cursory glance at the engine bay before hopping in for a test ride, no? Why aren't you making sure your gun works before carrying it around?
>>
>>34206916
You mean test it before use by chambering and fireing a round in a safe direction at a range?
>>
>>34206912
>The road of assumptions is lined with coffins.
Yeah, so maybe don't assume your rifle is gonna work perfectly as soon as you pick it up. Strip, clean, and test it before taking it to the range.

>>34206920
That's one way. Doing a proper function test before packing it up for the range and making sure your bolt group works before putting it all back together after routine cleaning is important too, though. That will let you catch the sorts of problems that result in NDs due to I SWARE MA ID JUSS WENT AWFE!!

You should probably give your ammo a glance when you load it into your magazines, too. If the primer sticks out like nine inches and it's all bent and shit maybe you should return it to where you bought it
>>
>>34194183
My dad hit me a lot when I was a kid, up until the point when I was 18 and I finally moved out. He'd hit me for any fuck up, and it was always drilled into my head that I deserved it, and that it helped shape me into a man. When I was about 17, i took a psychology class (biggest waste of time in my life) in high school, and I started to realize what was happening. I had always been a flincher, and when dad started yelling I would drop my spaghetti and freak the fuck out. I got into my first real fight when I was 17, and when I got punched I panicked. I finally realized. When you hit your kid for every little thing, they don't learn good manners or good behavior, they learn obedience. They learn how to sneak around. They become cucks that panic when people start yelling. I'm 22 now, and it's taken me years to recover.
Tl,dr: if you hit your kid every time they fuck up, it can have negative psychological consequences, and reinforce bad behavior and dishonesty
>>
>>34206949
Are you just completely unaware of breakage happening DURING fireing? Like... works just fine for a few rounds, then fails? You can strip, clean and test all you want, but micro fractures are pretty impossible to see, and dont happen the moment you drop the hammer on an empty chamber. I mean, i guess i could do it untill it breaks, but not knowing when its going to break, i could be doing that for oh i dont know 20,000 cycles.
>>
never had an AD as I use a retention holster that completely covers the bang switch, and any handgun not in such a holster condition 4 with slide locked back
>>
>>34206968
>Like... works just fine for a few rounds, then fails?
Sounds like you've been shopping with Taurus again, maybe you shouldn't do that

>muh micro fractures
micro fractures wouldn't cause random discharges with nothing else bad happening. It would cause the gun to completely fail as the micro fracture becomes an overt crack, and no one would fault you if you opened the thing up and saw that some part or another has been totally shorn off or has a big fuckin' crack in it or something. This thread is not about failures like that. And for the record, most guns are robust enough that that is not going to happen unless the gun is VERY old or spectacularly uncared for.

99.999999% of ""ADs"" are people who either don't care for their guns, leave their guns in an unsafe posture, or had a genuine ND and just don't want to admit it.

Even your hypothetical here, oh, a primer is too long; the bolt face and firing pin glide freely. They are designed to stop so that that doesn't happen. If the primer is so long that it does anyway, you should have noticed that you have bulging ammo when you were loading it. It's still 100% your fault in things you could have easily caught as you were packing up your stuff to go to the range.
>>
>>34207002
Well, the thread is about ADs, or at least thats what op asked for. And you said they are impossible, which they are obviously not. Thats the point. I agree, they are extremely rare. But not impossible. No one faults you because its an ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE. I never said nothing else bad would happen. I used a bad example, sure, but that doesnt mean AD's dont exist, like you claimed earlier.
>>
>>34207016
>No one faults you because its an ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE.
I do, because you could have easily prevented it by not being a fuckass with your gun.

For a people who are obsessed with firerarms, you don't treat them very well. You don't clean them, you don't check them over, you don't put them together properly... And then you act like it's not your fault when you drop it off a table and it goes off.
>>
>>34207002
To be clear, when you say that it has to be dissambled and going off for it to be an AD, it's pretty clear you mean impossible.
>>
>>34207023
Again with the assumptions and personal attacks. You're not good at arguing, are you? I suppose this elitist no guns is par for the course on an Indonesian Mask Carving website.
>>
>>34207023
Actually had a Remington 700 that when i flicked the safety off it'd shoot without touching the trigger. Took it back to gunstore and got a tikka.
>>
>>34206549
>Or how about free floating fireing pins with bad ammo from the factory?
>carrying a chambered weapon that has a tendency to slamfire

you deserve it
>>
>>34207036
>assumptions
Sorry you can't handle the truth, yankee. If you have a piece of machinery, and it doesn't work, it's not its own fault; it's the fault of the operator and maintainer. If it's in such bad shape that it's likely to malfunction, it's irresponsible to use it.

In the case of your Meme-15, the operator and maintainer is you. It is your responsibility if it fucks up. If you think it might fuck up, then don't take it out.

>>34207052
Well, at least you took it back and got it replaced instead of acting like it's totally okay to have an unsafe gun.
>>
>>34207059
get out of here slavaboo
>>
>>34203668
Let me add an amendment to this
>an accidental discharge can become a negligent discharge if the rules of firearm safety are not applied.
>>
File: moe.png (115KB, 394x345px) Image search: [Google]
moe.png
115KB, 394x345px
>>34194041
sell your guns you absolute dickhead
>>
>>34197712
actually it's simply because you can't keep your booger hook off the goddamn trigger, you pathetic toothless redneck. and people wonder why the gun community has image problems. do us a favor and don't ever reproduce. I'd tell you to sterilize yourself but any money you have probably immediately goes into bottom shelf whiskey and natty lights.
>>
>>34194041
>I keep a silenced pistol in my bag just in case. Also I almost killed my child or a random clerk with it because I'm too stupid to carry it in a sensible way.

Do you think you're James Bond or something? Might get captured by THE TERRORISTS and have to stealth murder your way out?

Fucking americans.
>>
>>34207115
S H A L L
N O T
B E
I N F R I N G E D
>>
>>34207124
Carrying a silenced pistol is actually a pretty sensible thing for personal safety, not just for protection from an assailant, but also for protection of the hearing of yourself as well as those around you. The sound of a silenced pistol is a lot less likely to cause a panic as well as making it harder for an armed robber for example to determine where they are being shot from.
>>
>>34207146
Suppressed weapons are still more than loud enough to hear at short range and it's not like they have magical noise redirection properties. They're just quieter than the alternative. Likewise, a .22 pistol is already going to be fairly quiet; you can shoot 9mm just fine without ear pro and it's maybe about as loud as a car busting a tire or backfiring really badly.
>>
>>34207124
Why are you here?
>>
>>34207185

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9kJg423T8A

I'm not saying a standard 9mm isnt a perfectly reasonable choice for concealed carry, but a suppressed .22 certainly has a distinct tactical advantage in a close quarters setting.
>>
File: 1438195519326.jpg (1004KB, 996x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1438195519326.jpg
1004KB, 996x1440px
>>34207216
banter and stoking the flames of anti-american hatred
>>
>>34207124
Canadian, actually. So yeah... stealthing my way out of a bad situation might just be a good idea, considering that if I defend myself from a bad guy I will likely end up in prison longer than the bad guy might should he survive, as carrying a weapon for self defense is illegal here.
>>
>>34207229
Thank you. I want to be long gone before anyone's alerted to gunfire having happened, if I ever need to use the thing defensively.
>>
>>34207347
>canadian
>has a silenced pistol of any sort
calling bullshit, gtfo underage roleplayer
>>
>>34207434
>>*that 'this guy is wrong' buzzer sound*
Middle aged, family guy, don't want to ever have to shoot someone but don't want to be a victim either, and considering I have a young kid and would prefer not to be a prison dad... seems stealth increases my odds of maintaining my situation just a little. Besides a really quiet pistol being cool as fuck, I mean, obviously.
>>
>>34207453
again

>silenced pistol

>canada

no
>>
>>34207481
Okay sir, whatever you mean by that officer, guess you got me.
>>
>>34201775
couldn't have left you a note about the two broken pins?
>>
>>34198190
No, faggot. Trigger discipline applies no matter where you are. Even if you're not on a range.
>>
>>34206167
you kept a fucking mosin loaded?

>a
>fucking
>surplus
>pre-ww2
>rifle
>loaded

I'm honestly surprised you aren't dead. You shouldn't be allowed to own guns
>>
>>34206725
>wtf is that a thing?
yes, I heard it's really bad in the Muhreens too.
>>
>shooting inna woods with brother in a clear cut on top of a hill
>shootin my dead grandpas steyr-hahn 1916 rechambered by the Nazis for 9mm para
>shooting at backdrop when pistol suddenly doesn't fire midway through the clip
>look down at pistol "Oh the safety got engaged by my thumb a little"
>drop the safety
POW
>bullet shoots up at a slight arc into the forest
>brother calls me a dumb fuck and verbally abuses me
>hour later brother shooting it
>does. The. Exact. Same. Fucking. Thing.
>verbally chastise him
Haven't shot it since but I did have a gunsmith fix it
>>
>>34197539
You do realize that he and you basically said the same thing right?
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.