[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Innawoods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: DSC_0348.jpg (454KB, 1504x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0348.jpg
454KB, 1504x1000px
Recently I decided to go innawoods for the first time since I was a kid, but i'm having trouble coming up with anything I would want to do out there. I'm not one for walking around the woods aimlessly just to do buttfuck nothing.

What do you guys here on /k/ personally do when finding yourself in nature? Any activities you can recommend to someone who hasn't spent any prolonged time outside in years?

All I have is a shitty pellet gun and an old .22 if that makes any difference.
>>
>>34189892
>go practice archery
>practice guns
>practice making fire with bow drill or other means
>have a very tiny fire (but leave no trace)
>learn to identify trees and their different medicinal or edible properties.
>learn to identify plants in the same manner
>hike a few miles to test your ruck sack
>stay a few nights and test your bugout bag (learn what you need and dont)
>meditate
>hunt small game when its in season.
>practice skills like making rope
>breath air thats not your undusted for 5 years basement bedroom
>fucking hang out.
>practice flint knapping with a couple of deer antlers you found.
>pick up garbage you find

"but i'm having trouble coming up with anything I would want to do out there. I'm not one for walking around the woods aimlessly just to do buttfuck nothing. " you can still be constructive when doing nothing
try doing some stalker challenges. build a fort and sleep in it or something.

Anything you can do in your house...you can do outside. get a backpack and learn to enjoy turning your brain off. not everything has to be super stimulating. this is why people think modern children have adhd.
>>
>>34189892
OP i should also state i have more fun sometimes with a pellet gun just becasue sometimes you wanna shoot stuff. but dont wanna alert others with noise and its a cheaper option than .22lr to learn shooting. I own a good beeman nitro piston and ive taken more squirrels with it than my .22lr. just because i like to be extremely quiet in the woods.
>>
>>34189892
chicks in the woods are hot but you already had a baby so you have a habit of getting knocked up so no thnaks.
>>
>>34189892
I wouldn't worry about it, just go camping and chill.
>>
>>34190267
your posts read like a bot programmed to act like a retarded 12 year old
>>
>>34190329
what you read like a 12 year old bot
>>
>hunt when things are in season
>fish
>wildlife/birb watching
>practice marksmanship
>get away from your worries for a few hours/days
>>
>>34189892
Find stuff to eat. I fucking love sassafras, and I've eaten it for lunch more trhan once since my job usually sees me winding up deep innawoods.There are plenty of good meals to be had in the deeper woods.
You could also shoot a bunch of stuff. That's always fun.
I always like looking for evidence of moonshiners and pot growers. Always cool to find potting soil in the middle of the woods.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 246x205px
>>34190137
>>34190206
>>34190320
>>34190367
>>34190402
Thanks for the ideas, guys. Pretty pumped to just relax in the woods.
>>
>>34189892
When i go innawoods my favourite thing to do is get a fire going, listen to my portable radio and drink some beers, If im feeling frisky ill build a shelter instead of using my tent.
>>
File: wallpaper what 5.jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper what 5.jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
Anybody have experience with East NC innawoods? What do you to keep bugs off in this humid swamp we call the east?
>>
>>34190402
You do know how incredibly stupid it is to go looking for people doing illegal shit like growing and shining is, right?

Dont end up missing anon.
>>
File: LiveFree1.webm (3MB, 456x258px) Image search: [Google]
LiveFree1.webm
3MB, 456x258px
>>
>>34191822
Not that anon, but fuck those guys they fuck up my state park, dumping fertilizer and herbicides and shiners start fires, leave rusted stills behind. If I see them, I wait till their gone and either tear up their weed or shoot holes in their still.
>>
>>34191822
Naw I'm good dude. Only ever seem to find that sort of thing while I'm at work.

Was on this one dudes property for a road right of way here recently. Dude was super nervous around us and didn't want us going too far into his property, even though we had to to get the job done. We told him we had to go farther down his property line and so he gets on his tractor and is running that thing like a fucking madman, trying to get his shit moved out of the way. Came across a pond where he had left a few 55 gallon drums and some PVC pipe laying around, but all his other shit had been moved. Pretty sure he was a shiner, but I didn't ask him about it as I already know a different guy for that sort of thing.
Most of the people doing that sort of thing know not to fuck with a survey crew because its not like we care enough to rat them out and people would notice immediately if we went missing.
>>
>>34190137
>Anything you can do in your house...you can do outside.
Bullshit.

I cannot play video games on my desktop computer outside
>>
>>34190137
>Anything you can do in your house...you can do outside.
I'm always afraid someone will see or I'll get caught on a trail camera.
>>
File: fucking skinwalkers.jpg (8KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
fucking skinwalkers.jpg
8KB, 193x261px
>>34190320
Fucking skinwalkers go back to /x/
>>
>>34189892
Photography

I do some, nothing remotely close to being serious, but it's kind of fun and it leaves nice souviners. Alot of my house is decorated with prints. Online printing makes getting nice display quality prints cheaper than ever.

Mostly though it helps provide a goal to organize an activity around.
> hiking up a mountain for a cool picture of a emerald green high altitude lake
>staking out a trail to get a sweet pic of a bull elk
Even non woodsy stuff. Recently I spent a night tactically creeping around new orleans taking really gritty pics of sleezy burbon street neon signs. I'm going to have then printing in gloss on aluminum sheets for a cool display. It will look cool in my wall, and also remind me of how fucking weird that little trek was.

Just a warning, cameras don't have to be expensive, but it gets out of hand fast, especially if you want to get into shooting animals. You need some serious lense for good animal pics.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.