[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /k/, I come to you asking your advice on reputable/quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: st.jpg (13KB, 600x192px) Image search: [Google]
st.jpg
13KB, 600x192px
Dear /k/,

I come to you asking your advice on reputable/quality sellers of knives/daggers/stilettos for self defense.

I am just wondering what brands are generally considered good manufacturers, so that I can start looking around.

Thanks.
>>
>>34189611
ASK THE GUY WHO SOLD YOU THAT HAT ZINGG
>>
>>34189611

No that is fucking stupid for multitudes of reasons. First of all, if you stab someone unarmed you WILL go to jail. If you stab someone who has a knife, he will stab you back. You will both die, but the winner gets to die in the street, the loser in an ambulance.

If you knew what you were doing I'd be willing to help but then you wouldn't be asking this question either. I'm not saying this to be mean, but your post just reeks of bad ideas.
>>
>>34189962
>If you stab someone who has a knife, he will stab you back. You will both die, but the winner gets to die in the street, the loser in an ambulance.
Can anyone prove proof of this?
>>
>>34190509
not even that guy, but i'd say the fact that the number of stilletto carriers is actually zero speaks pretty loudly about the viability of that idea
>>
>>34190532
But a lot people actually carry knives for self defense.

Why do /k/ fear melee weapons so much?
>>
File: N1lx7db.png (394KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
N1lx7db.png
394KB, 512x384px
>>34189962
>> sticking around after you stab someone.
>>
>>34189658
Oh shit is this a rekt thread or what?
>>
>>34190539
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XiSn81oFw

Because they are deadly as fuck and knife fights are never like the movies and internal bleeding is a bitch.
>>
>>34189962
Well if you already tried to run away, and you're about to get stabbed anyways, why not try to take them down with you? Maybe you'll get lucky and get stabbed less than the other guy. What do you have to loose?
>>
>>34190582
That's a reality of knife attack, not a reality of knife fights.

Also, the fact knives are deadly is why people carry them for self defense.
>>
>>34190539
ok, first of all, stillettos aren't knives, they're stilettos. they were basically pencils made out of gold and italian fuccbois carried them like jewlery.

even in a knife fight, that's not what you want.
>>
>>34190602
They are stabbing knives, you wouldn't want to get stabbed by one.
>>
>>34190611
stop saying knives, faggot. even the few that actually had an edge weren't actually sharp.
>>
>>34190634
Oh, what should I say instead? Stabbing devices?

OP also asked for knives and daggers too.
>>
>>34190592

Because OP is asking for worse than mallninja shit and I don't want to enable him to be a dumbass.

If he actually carries a fucking dagger or a fucking stiletto around that is autism so powerful I cannot even comprehend it.
>>
>>34190596
you make it sound like a showdown where everyone has blades out and eyes locked, and not some tweaker magicing a blade out of nowhere after asking for a dollar.
>>
>>34190640
i just want to be perfectly clear that i object to you conflating a useful, all purpose, common device with an obsolete gucci pencil
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
>>34189611
all shitposts aside an Applegate Fairbairn dagger will be the best bet.
>>
>>34190652
So OP is blowing your brain out by carrying a knife? That is a great weapon.
>>34190653
Or he just gets his knife out when he's being attacked by a knife attacker, like how you get your gun out when you are attacked by a knife.

If you don't know you are being attacked, you are dead, regardless of the weapon you have.
>>
>>34190664
So can you write with a stiletto?
>>
>>34190665
That wasn't even the best knife when it was popular. Always had a reputation for breaking tips off, getting stuck in bone, and sometimes just snapping in half.
>>
>>34190682

Yes.
>>
>>34190686
What's the best knife you know?
>>
>>34190686

That's bullshit about the fairbairn sykes first combat dagger in the 1940s, this is made by Boker and has a different design, so nothing you said applies.
>>
>>34190652
So if people like something you don't, you consider it autism? So what if it's not practical, what do you care? You don't even know him. If he dropped dead right now, you'd never know the difference.

He asked what brand of knives are good. My preference is Kershaw, but I'll not an expert. And before you shit your pants, I do edc a M&P9c with an apex trigger kit. So suck salt ya soup sandwich.
>>
>>34189962
>You will both die, but the winner gets to die in the street, the loser in an ambulance.
I hate that this advice gets parroted around like it's a fucking fact.

It gets the point across that fighting somebody with a knife is a scary thing to be taken seriously, but it over-dramatizes it way too much.
>>
>>34190965
It's not a fucking fact.

Most knife fights don't end with both sides in self destruction, it's a myth parroted because gunfags don't want people to carry knives for self defense, even if they have nothing else.
>>
>>34190959

I understand all of that, but did you READ that first post? It reads of someone who sincerely has no business carrying a fixed blade knife, because they are too ignorant to not either get stabbed with their own knife, or at the very least get it confiscated by law enforcement.

Get some pepper spray OP.
>>
>>34191033
Sound like projection to me, fag boy.
>>
>>34190777
Apparently it's thicker than the original which is nice but it still has an overly sharp and thin tip so getting stuck in bone and breaking tips could still very well be an issue. Not to mention lack of utility and legality issues in many areas. sounds a lot better than the original but probably still possesses most of the original designs drawbacks.

>>34190723
Frankly id just go with a fairly sturdy designed (.2-.25) knife in a general use pattern that would work for utility or defense. Probably a clip, drop, or spear point with a full flat grind. Brand isn't super important and frankly i havent seriously looked at knives in years. A guard would be nice to keep from cutting yourself. Plenty of respectable survival/bush knife makers out there.

If you just want me to throw out a name that you can count on then fallkniven is pretty hard to beat for a production knife, they tend to stand up to a lot of abuse.
>>
>>34191043

If he didn't seriously ask about a stiletto, yeah. But he did.
>>
>>34191074
What's wrong about asking for a stiletto again?
>>
>>34191088

They're pointy dangerous toys, not weapons.
>>
>>34190509
If you sever a mans aorta from his heart then he has ~4.6s or more before losing consciousness. If you both have knifes out and are within arms reach this is plenty enough time to stab you back.

That's not to say that someone you stab is definitely going to stab you back, just that it's quite the possibility and psychological stops seem to tend to be much rarer with stabbings than gunshots.
>>
>>34191116
That's not proof, that's speculation.

If you repeat stab the man, he's not going to do shit.
>>
>>34190539
It requires physical aptitude to use effectively. This is anathema for most of /k/.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.