[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Walther PPQ M2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: ppqm2-left.jpg (34KB, 940x600px) Image search: [Google]
ppqm2-left.jpg
34KB, 940x600px
Tell me about the Walther PPQ M2. It seems Walther has been getting a lot of hate on this board lately and I don't really see a reason why. Does Walther have a major flaw when compared to others in their price range?

Is the comparable VP9 superior to the PPQ? Walther owners where are you?
>>
No, a Walther owner, but the triggers are pretty good for striker fired guns. Overall decent pistols in their class.

The only "Walther" I hate is the P22. That's just absolute fucking trash.
>>
>>34188023
>It seems Walther has been getting a lot of hate on this board lately
No
>Is the comparable VP9 superior to the PPQ?
No
Also the M2 is objectively worse than the M1.
>>
Bond,
James bond...
>>
>>34188041
This. I'm trading my PPQM2 for a P2kV1. The PPQ feels a bit taller than it needs to be. The trigger is nice, but has such a comically short reset. It could be great as a race gun, but every single person that I've seen shoot mine had an unintentional double tap. Too much liability for my tastes.
>>
>>34188041
>the M2 is objectively worse than the M1

I agree.
>>
>>34188023
Walthers are solid, most of the hate you see is shitposting like "muh logo" or "muh toy gun" or hostile brandfags.
PPQs are good, and an offshoot of the great P99. Trigger is good and it's comfy in most people's hand, with a fair price. I prefer the paddle mag release of the M1 but the M2 is still good if you like button releases.
Personally I'd take the PPQ over the VP9 because I like the trigger and ergos a little more, though both are pretty close.
>>
File: waltherp5.jpg (428KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
waltherp5.jpg
428KB, 1600x1064px
>>34188023
It's the US crybaby version of the M1 where they swapped the awesome paddle mag release for a button. The PPQ is fantastic.

Walther has made some questionable product designs in recent years. What they're getting shit for right now is the CREED budget PPQ, which knocks off $100 for a poly with the face of Hi Point C9. The CCP also just had a massive recall. The CCP is not a good pistol. The PPS doesn't really have any advantages in the market it's in right now, being an overly expensive and heavy carry single stack. 45 people do not like the PPX but I don't know why. The Smucker's P22 is a cheap jam machine. The old PPK is outdated and despite the shoddy quality the Thunder 380 is actually a better shooting and lighter pistol, so the PPK is just a big 32acp.

What people actually seem to want from Walther is the P99 still and those are difficult to get. The pk380 might also be good if it wasn't a European large framed 380. So the shit they are getting right now is part of a downward trend in desirable offerings and a consistently high price tag despite many known problems. They have failed to address most of these issues.
>>
great gun

nothing wrong with it
>>
>>34188549
The Creed is a worked over PPX
The PK380 is the actual POS
Recalls are no indication of a firearms actual merit as a whole
The current PPS is a facelift for the old PPS which was fantastic when it came out a decade ago when there was nothing else like it and it's still a good gun, which comes in 9mm and .40, not .45
The PPQ 45 is a good gun

Walther just sucks at marketing
>>
>>34190874
>Walther just sucks at marketing
While I don't doubt that, I think Walther and Steyr are quite similar in that not only does their lack of marketing suck, but their guns are ruined because of video games, movies and novels. Whenever someone hears or sees "Walther" or "Steyr" they'll immediately ask about the PPK or AUG and show no interest if there isn't one around. Both companies make (generally) stellar guns but they're hindered by how popular just one of their guns are.

After my little rant, aside from recalls the majority of the stuff I see about the CCP is negative, and that certainly isn't very inspiring when coupled with a recall.
>>
>tfw bought a PPQ on May 29th.
http://www.waltherarms.com/rebate100/

It just felt good in my hand and I really liked the paddle mag release cause I'm hipster like that.

It does have a bit of a "toy" feel to it, but for the price point it's a solid gun right out of the box that needs no modifications, except maybe the sights.
>>
>>34191022
They M series, TMP/SPP, SG series, Scout, P99, WA2000 and MPL have been In plenty of media. But to the average person those don't have enough attention on screen for anyone to assume they arent just glocks and vanilla bolt guns, so it's up to the marketing departments to bridge the gap, which they don't do here in the US
>>
>>34190874
>The current PPS is a facelift for the old PPS

If they'd just make one with paddles, that's all I want.
>>
>>34188481
But the logo is objectively terrible.
>>
>>34191251
They call it the PPS classic.
>>
Just get a p99 and carry it cocked bruv
>>
>>34191633
And it has no practical effect on the gun at all.
Hating the logo for being dumb is fine, but it's not a real negative for anything but aesthetics or shitposting.
>>
>>34188039
I have had a p22 target for 10 years and put somewhere in the 7000 to 9000 rounds through it. It is awesome. Also have a PSS. I point shoot it better then anything. I love the paddle mag release.
>>
>>34191735
It's like getting your dream career with suit and corner office and then walking around with your fly undone.

Just change it already. I dunno, print out 'Walther' in one of those sans-serif fonts the Germans love so much.
>>
>>34191782
No its not. It's like having a Walther with the same logo they've had for ages. Probably the same guy bitching about rugers logo a while back. Go petition coca-cola and start collecting colt while you're at it
>>
>>34188592
I've one with a button. Great trigger. Great grip.
4/5.
>>
$100 rebate on PPS and PPQ models until the end of the summer.

Debating between PPQM1, P30, or wait for the Gen5/M Glock this summer.
>>
>>34188023
As some anon mentioned, the PPQ is a good gun with an excellent trigger, but I find the trigger a tad too sensitive for a duty/carry gun. The chance of an unwanted double tap or negligent discharge is too high for my taste (and same goes for the VP9 and probably for the P10C, too) with that trigger. For shooting at the range or for competition, the PPQ is a good gun with a decent trigger out of the box. As edc/duty Walther I would prefer a standard P99AS to the PPQ.
>>
I've had my PPQ M2 for a little over 6 months now and put just over 1,100 rounds through it and have never had any real issues with it. There was only one time that I emptied the mag and on the last round the slide failed to lock open, but I was say that was more of an ammo issue then the gun itself (Blazer Brass 115gr) other than that I'd feel comfortable taking it to hell and back. solid gun for the price. I paid just around $620.00 for mine.I'm even looking at getting the PPQ 45. I understand that not everyone will agree with me on this but this is my personal experience.
>>
>>34195708
> last round the slide failed to lock open

$5 your left thumb was resting on the slide release lever. My only gripe with the design of the gun is that this lever just happens to sit in the perfect resting spot.
>>
>>34195733
Highly unlikely because I don't rest my thumb that high up. like never because that would make for and uncomfortable shooting grip for myself
>>
File: IMG_0027.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0027.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Same anon as before about personal grip
>>
The Walther PPQ and the other Walthers manufactured in the Ulm, Germany plant are great guns.

Umarex a company known for airsoft guns and airsoft tier quality .22s bought Walther a few years ago and has since put the good Walther name all over their licenced .22 copies. Thankfully they haven't decreased the quality on the Ulm manufactured guns.

People who say Walthers are bad guns are people who have zero experience with guns like the PPQ and think that all walthers are M&P22s or P22s.
>>
>>34195749
Guess not then.

For me, by the time I fill in the missing puzzle piece in my right grip with my left hand, my lowest left thumb knuckle (where my right thumb should rest if I'm not being lazy) and that release lever are same height. Maybe I got dinky small hands or something.
>>
File: IMG_0221.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0221.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>tfw nobody ever has anything bad to say about the P99

feelsgoodman
>>
>>34195812
The P99 is god-tier. However I noticed that on mine (1st gen), when the slide is locked back and I insert a fully-loaded 16-round magazine, the slides automatically goes forward. If the mags are loaded with only 15 rounds this doesn't happen. Anyone noticed this?
>>
>>34197512
my 3rd doesn't do that. my k100 does tho.
>>
Can't speak about the M2, but I have nothing bad to say about my PPQ M1. I've had it for years. It's comfortable, accurate, and doesn't jam. Not much more you can ask for with a wondernine.

I also like the paddle mag release. Makes me feel like an operator.
>>
>>34195812
I wish that you could thumb the striker indicator like the pps. The P99's doesn't come out far enough to use it to disable the trigger while holstering.
>>
>>34197617
With the P99, I simply decock before reholstering. I don't get what you would like to do.
>>
File: IMG_0300.jpg (1010KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0300.jpg
1010KB, 3264x2448px
I have small hands and can perfectly put my thumb on the striker indicator.
>>
File: IMG_0301.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0301.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
And I can decock it onehanded.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.